Reliance Home Comfort — heat and cool system
Loan on my house for furnace rent
On August 2012 I called Reliance to buy furnace and AC. Next day came a lady her name is Bitty. and she show me two models and I choose Carrier model.
She told me the price totally after tax is $8400.00, which I can pay it now or I can rent the appliances for $141.00 plus tax ($159.33).
She told me that after 5 years I can cancel the rent or I buy the appliances with its value at that time, which will be less than the price at the purchase date.
I asked: if the house is sold before 5 years what will happen? She told me there are two options:
1- the buyer accept to take the lease contract over with the same conditions, or
2- I can buy it off and in this case they will calculate how much I paid until the closing date and I have to pay the rest.
After almost 4 years (June 30 2016) I sold the house and the buyer didn't accept the lease contract, then I had to choose the second option. Then came a big surprise, Reliance registered a loan as 2nd Mortgage of $8920.77 against my house (Loan # [protected]. The lawyer cut it from the price. I thought it is okay because Reliance will pay me back what I paid in 4 years (about $7650.00).
No cent, They refused to pay any cent back and they continue to withdraw $159.33 from my account automatically for 2 months after the closing, until I asked my bank to stop it.
After 3 or 4 month they send me cheque $26.55, yes believe me 26 dollars and fifty five cents. THANK YOU RELIANCE.
is this fare? the took the price twice?
I believe that Reliance have to refund me what I paid in 4 years minus reliable percentage as intrest in 4 years.
Name: Raafat Ghobrial
More Reliance Home Comfort Complaints & Reviews
- Reliance Home Comfort - hot water heater rental 
- Reliance Home Comfort - lien on my house 
- Reliance Home Comfort - service 
- Reliance Home Comfort - furnace repair 
- Reliance Home Comfort - bill scam 
- [Resolved] Reliance Home Comfort - water softener, air filter
- Reliance Home Comfort - alleged damage to water heater 
- Reliance Home Comfort - no service provided with no not water
- Reliance Home Comfort - misrepresenting themselves as having purchased direct energy home services rental water heater contract
- Reliance Home Comfort - servicing of heating and ac unit acct# 005767827-2187073