Reliance Home Comfort / Service charge

1 Brampton, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Here is a company that doesn't care at all for its customers. We pay and pay for water heater rentals and service. Then when you actually need service they CHARGE you again.
Our two year old had unknowingly turned off our water heater so we end up calling reliance. They charged us $90 just to turn it back on saying that it wasn't covered by the years of payments and they were quite rude about it. This is ridiculous.

Id

Comments

• Em
      6th of Jun, 2010

Wriiten by Jeff Singh, a disturbed little [censor] head who hates the world.
    [censor] off Jeff, some of us are actually not as angry at the world as you are.

Leave and get on with your new job and stop pushing to get paid to leave.

• In
      16th of Feb, 2011

Just quit their service.
    Buy and install own one will save you great amount of money.
    hot water tank rarely need repairing if well maintained (just open a tap annually to keep it working).
    Reliance is a very bad company of service.

• Be
      4th of Apr, 2011

I went through a Reliance Home Discomfort abusive billing as well. They called out of the blue a year or 2 ago asking if I was interesting in a home furnace service assurance for a nominal service charge which would be covered by a rebate for the first 6 months. Fine. The bill was so small...at first. It slowly increased the following year and then I was sent multiple bills at different prices. I called them and tried to cancel and was told I had to send them a letter in the mail to cancel. Good enough...after digging through their paperwork there was no apparent address to cancel so I called them back and they told me I could cancel by sending an email. They gave me an email address and I sent off my cancellation.
    In a short period I received a MAILER DAEMON indicating the email address did not exist. I called back and became belligerent enough that I was referred to someone that only gave me his first name and when he started going through the same spiel about having to mail them I told him to stop feeding me [censor] and cancel my account and the creative billing.
    He then got hold of his supervisor and I finally got a cancellation authorization number.
    The following month the bills kept coming with different values that could not be followed so i had to go back to their billing department to stop any collection agency from destroying my good name. I went through 4 levels of being put on hold with the same lying crap and would not get referred to a "supposed" higher person until I started swearing about their criminally insane abusive behavior. When the last guy finally got on the phone after about 15 minutes on hold I had finally figured out that I should be able to go on their website, sign up for my account number, and unsubscribe on their website...THE WEBSITE DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO MAKE A PASSWORD TO ACCESS YOU ACCOUNT!!!@%$?.
    The last guy on the phone tried to make it go away if I just paid the last bill from the time I made the first complaint and after explaining that the bill was paid in full at the time and I had a bank record to prove it and that I wanted his last name and location of his office so I could sue, he sent me an e-mail verifying the account was cleared and it actually had his full name and a reliance logo.
    I think this is what the dragons on Dragon Den call squeezing the customer for more money.
    These guys should be in jail.
    We consumers need protection from this.
    I suggest anyone that has had to deal with this company or any other creative billing ( Rogers perhaps or Bell?) should contact their politicians during this election and have these thievery practices obliterated !