Regional Acceptance Corp. / Rip off and scam artists

Many complaints from people who have experienced poor service and been ripped off by fees and interests rates and verbal abuse. Looking for people who have neg. complaints and experience and intersted in a class act suit against them.

found many complaints against regional acceptance on this board, /link removed/ and bbb.

Comments

• Mi
      20th of Mar, 2010

I bought a 2006 ford taurus from KOONS in Templehills, MD four years ago. We've been paying $656.38 for four years. That equals to $47259.36. I have recently turned it in cause it broke down and I just couldn't keep putting money into a car with transmission issues. They said we still owe them $20, 000 which I don't believe I do.

• Ce
      1st of Oct, 2010

I am in a similar situation withRegional Acceptance. I have tried to talk to the Pres/CEO but no one knows his name. I have been paying on a car for three years and to date have only paid $5, 000 according to their records. Write your Congressman I did!

• Cc
      21st of Oct, 2010

i also have been a victim of regional acceptance let us start a class action suit to recover some of our money.

patricia@267-978-3744

• Je
      2nd of Apr, 2018

@cchris90 I wanna get in. They are scammers. Dodges31322@gmail.com

• Cc
      21st of Oct, 2010

please respond @kencha53@aol.com/class action suit regional acceptance.

• Zr
      16th of Jan, 2011

Regional Acceptance has also given me a raw deal. They outlaw crime syndicates from being loan sharks but allow this one to
    operate. I would LOVE to join a suit against them

• Mi
      25th of Mar, 2011

I receive up to 10 phone calls per day from them - at work and on my cell beginning the date my payment is due. I was 2 weeks behind and the customer service rep told me that my husband and I are the kind of people that they would rather not have loans with and bullied me into pre-arranging payments to be deducted from my checking account - the payment was supposed to be $242.00 but they took $424.00 - what could I do about it? NOTHING - I couldnt even stop the payment because it was set up using my debit card. I did, however receive a refund for the "extra" charges they had added for making a payment with my card! POOR POOR customer service - very unwilling to work with you - and have to say that their customer service guy (Rodney) I think his name was - is an [censor] and should not be allowed to talk to anyone the way he did!!!

• Ze
      20th of Aug, 2011

i bougtht a 2006 mustang gt, i made one payment and repo by the next payment because i miss a phone call and

• Wa
      13th of Dec, 2012

I have had my car going on three years and they tell me I have not made a payment for a hole year this is strictly not true.
    What bank or loan company will let their property stay circulated that long. they refuse to Se-end me statements only saying I don't
    Care ware you get the money you better Se-end something!!! I have been paying on this car and my balance is still the same as it was
    when I first per chased the vehicle what!!... the hell is going on ware did $13.898. of my money go to?? they keep calling and using verbal languish to the point I have to forget I"m human and fire back. really wish they wear in my state it would be a different ball game.
    Can't Waite to See on the news all of them out of a job CEO heading to jail they are the biggest shake down racketeers if ever I saw one when this finally hits the wave they will drop all of those under payed lackey's that work for them take the money while filling for bankruptcy CEO skips town then we all can get a good laugh off them. By the way I stopped dumping my hard earned money into their account happily awaiting them to come get this car and they can truly kiss my ###!!

• He
      7th of Jan, 2013

I am a victim as well. I paid over $21, 000 in interest and paid 7 years on a 5 year loan. I live in Georgia and my payments went to NC. They were always late posting my payments, sometimes didn't apply any money to principal, double charged late fees, reversed payments and compounded interest on all these fees and even though I made my payment on time each month the payment kept getting bigger and they reported I was 30 late month after month. They refused to explain anything and denied any errors. I hear a lot of complaints but has anyone started a class action lawsuit. If so with what law firm?

• To
      7th of May, 2015

RE: BRANDED TITLE: My Toyota Prius/2011-VIN JTDKN3DUXB1365338
    This is the letter I am forwarding to the attorney general because Regional continued the fraud that Orr Toyota began when they knew the title was branded. I am currently seeking the president's information so that I can forward him a letter. My car is not worth the trouble and frustration that it is now causing me. Then the representative had the nerve to state that they had been victimized as well, how so?

I purchased my Toyota Prius on December 28, 2013 from Orr Toyota. However it was not until recently and exactly on May 5, 2015 that I now know that I was victimized by the Orr dealership. Since I work part-time as an instructor, I recently signed up to become an Uber driver in order to earn extra money, specifically for my car note. While completing the registration process, Uber did a routine check of my VIN number. Upon running the VIN through the system, Uber sent me an email that stated:

Dear Tamara: This is email is to inform you that your vehicle does not meet the requirements to be on the Uber platform. Through a routine check of your vehicle's VIN, we have found that the vehicle title is branded. As such, we have deactivated your vehicle effective immediately.

AFFECTED VEHICLE
    VIN: JTDKN3DUXB1365338
    REASON: AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FRAME DAMAGE
    You could only imagine my surprise and frustration upon receiving this email from Uber. Now the one opportunity I had to make extra money that is flexible with my teaching schedule has been taken away because of Orr Toyota knowingly selling me a car with a branded title, which according to Texas law is illegal. I immediately pulled out my sales contract from Orr Toyota and nowhere on it was it disclosed to me that I was purchasing a car with a branded title. I would have never known anything about having a branded title if it were not for me signing up to drive for Uber. I know that finance companies cannot make money on cars with branded titles, so it is not a feasible scenario for them. Yet Orr Toyota took advantage of me as a single mother in a desperate situation because I needed a car to work since there is no real mass transportation system here in the state of Texas.
    As a result, I have been completely victimized by Orr Toyota and have struggled to pay a car note for $446.00 a month since February 2014, for a vehicle that has no resell value. It is also important to note that I struggled with being homeless for a period of time in attempts to continue paying for the car, so that I could continue to work because having your own transportation in Texas is essential for survival.
    In addition, Regional Acceptance who is the finance company for my car and who is also located here in Texas at some point had to know that the title was branded and the car was not worth $19, 000. Yet they continued the fraud that Orr Toyota began by not disclosing to me that my title was branded because they wanted their money back from me since they had already paid Orr Toyota the 19k for the Prius.
    If I had continued to make payments I would have paid $32, 116.00 in total for a car with a branded title and no one would have disclosed this issue to me. After receiving the email from Uber, I attempted to call Orr Toyota about this issue, only to discover that they had been closed down and sold to another dealership. Needless to say, no one at the new dealership which is now owned by Atkinson could assist me.
    From a business perspective, finance companies will not finance a car with a branded title and nor is a dealership supposed to sell a car to a consumer with a branded title because there is no value in it and the process is illegal in the state of Texas. Yet this is what has happened to me. In fact, my insurance company stated they would only cover the car, if I could prove that the frame damage had been repaired. But what sense would it make to spend money I don't have fixing a car that should have not been sold to me by Orr Toyota in the first place? I have been victimized enough by Toyota. In all actuality it means that for the past two years I have been driving a dangerous vehicle with my child that could fall apart at any given time because of Orr Toyota knowingly sold me a car with a branded title.
    Moreover, Regional Acceptance is playing the victim role in this situation by stating that, "Orr Toyota took advantage of them" when in fact they are just as culpable as Orr Toyota because they did nothing to end the fraud. Furthermore Regional Acceptance stating they had no idea that my title was branded is also not plausible because they received the title 30-60 days after I purchased the car and they still hold the title to it now.

• De
      24th of Jun, 2015

Purchased a car through RAC in 2006. Paid off in 2011. They have incorrectly marked many payments as 30 days or more late that were not. They use a different method to determine pay cycle. It appears to be an attempt to maintain their customers in a marginal credit rating status and force them to be the lender of choice for auto loans i n the future once they've damaged their customers' credit rating since no other company will finance them at that point. Their historical records are deceptive and do not match up to banking records of payments. The credit bureaus will not change the reports because RAC stands by their fraudulent documentation. RAC banks on individuals not suing them so the cycle continues. Because this company is a branch of BBT, I believe they have the financial backing to continue to be deceptive without consequences. Our government should monitor these corrupt companies better for the citizens that work hard to contribute to the economy of this country. We are punished by companies like these that misguide our citizens.

• Ti
      19th of Oct, 2015

Everyone needs to fie for class action! Too many people overpaying for cars because of life situations and being taken advantage of. I have paid over "$30, 000 but still have a balance of $10, 000 for a car that I signed papers for was $18, 000 after fees, interest, etc was added...

• Th
      22nd of Dec, 2015

If anyone is interested in joining the class action law suit against regional acceptance email landry737@gmail.com

20th of Jan, 2016

I purchased my 2007 Honda Accord from Crown Honda in October of 2011 with a 5 year term, the percentage was 23% interest. The amount was for $16, 500. To date, I have paid them $22, 000.00 so far for this car. They tell me I have a balance of $10, 000 that they say I still owe them. So when I am done paying for this car I will have paid them about $28, 000.00. They are telling me it's late fees. They are telling me it's in my contract. I have been struggling to pay this down at a $468 a month payment fee. I cannot get ahead because they are always putting extra fees on my payments and then they call me and harrass me all day and all night and threaten to repo my car. I don't think this is fair. They are being like predators, preying on me because they know I can't do anything but pay them. What can I do? I Googled "Regional Acceptance complaints" and hundreds came up. I have registered a complaint with the FTC and the Consumer Financial Protection Agency. Can you help me? I have paid so much money for this car and these people make me feel scared like it's going to be repo'd. I am a single mom with 2 kids in my home and one of the kids is a foster child. I really need help and guidance. I just want this to end, I gave them so much money so far and for them to tell me I still owe them $10, 000 is just mind blowing to me.

• Ti
      20th of Jan, 2016

Is there anything legally that can be done? No one should get taken advantage of like this. They target people with credit problems. I can't seem to get ahead in payments to be done with them!

• Ry
      13th of Apr, 2016

I wish I would of done more research on this company before trading in my other car and receiving a higher payment then the other one. Hopefully in six months I can refinance it with my bank so I wouldn't have to deal with them much longer.

• Mv
      26th of Sep, 2016

I would like to start a class action lawsuit against them. I've been paying for my 2009 Nissan for seven years. Now they say that I still owe $8, 000.00. I've already paid for the car they said I have late fee plus I deferred 12 times. When I speak to a representative he said that I've deferred 14 times. No-one seems to have the correct information nor do they have any kind of correct information. I need help to get this company from reppinng off the consumer's. Can someone please help!!

• Ry
      26th of Sep, 2016

I totally agree with you.

• Ro
      22nd of Nov, 2016

Mvision1,

I have a very similar situation. My car loan should have been paid off in July and they say I still owe 12, 000 to them. Anyone know of any class action lawsuits in the works?

• Sq
      21st of Jan, 2018

I was hit with a 19 % interest rate and a payment of $600 a month payment.Original loan amount of $25000 and still owe $23000 after paying 2 years on it. Emailed them to see if i can refinance but no response. What a rip off now i really want to call them to come pick it up but its the only transportation i have. Any ideas plz e-mail me at pipsqueak101s@yahoo.com