Red Box — overcharged multiple times
I was looking over my credit card charges over the last 90 days and noticed that Red Box has over charged me 6 times out of 19 transactions! Charges were $26.50 $4.24 $25.44 $2.12 $18.02 and $18.02. Red box has over charged me over $80.00 in the last 90 days. I have no idea what I got charged before this. I can't believe I didn't catch this sooner.
I am calling customer support to find out if they can fix this or not. The call is documented below.
-Made my call at 9:00PM EST
-9:12 Reached an agent (Angel)
-I am getting told that I did not return movies.
-Supervise is telling here that these are valid charges and they are going to "check the machine" at one of the locations we used to return the movies often. Errors happened at multiple locations.
- 9:28 and she is still check with her supervisor.
- 9:31 Said they checked the machine and there is nothing wrong with any of the machines. I am now back on hold.
- 9:36 getting a supervisor on the phone so I am on hold again. She is saying that movies that I returned were never rented again so I must not have returned them.
-9:39 Angel is transferring me to Nick, she transferred me to herself and put me back on hold to check the extension.
-9:40 now talking to Nick. I'm asking for my credit card to be removed from your system. Was told by that another movie that I returned has not been returned. I will be getting a call with in 7 days to let me know if they can find the movie.
-The call has been ended 9:54. The call id was 4472316
I hope that if you have ever used red box that you check your fees asap. I am still in shock that I got ripped off this bad and am calling my credit card company to dispute the charges.
More Red Box Complaints & Reviews
- Redbox - charged me for a movie that I returned 
- Redbox - questionable business practices! 
- Redbox - machines not accepting returns 
- Redbox - constant charging for dvd returned 
- Redbox - overcharging 
- Redbox - exorbitant unauthorized charges 
- Red Box - poor customer service representative
- Redbox - too many incompetent employees 
- Redbox - bad dvds
- Redbox - double charging for dvd from redbox