Real Canadian Superstore / refusal to exchange product

1 Canada Review updated:

I bought a playstation 3 at a Superstore in Spruce Grove Alberta. After 2 months it quit working.

As I live in rural manitoba returning it to the original store was impossible. So I took it to Winnipeg and stopped at the mcphillips st. Superstore. They said they could not exchange it as they were out of stock but told me to go to the Portage Ave. location as they had them in stock.

When I arrived there they asked for my receipt which I gave them. The sales clerk told me that they would not exchange it because it was not bought at that store. I have exchange things at Walmart stores that were bought at different locations and have never had a problem with them.

Now im stuck with having to go to Sony to get warranty and will probably have to pay a pretty penny for shipping.

Superstore is a second rate business and I would strongly recommend that people shop elsewhere.

• Amit s's Response, Apr 18, 2018

• Donwon's Response, Sep 29, 2018

Paper had wings on sale for 11 bucks. Go to the store they have the wing but there is a sign that says we can't because the product is available. How is that possible!

Va

Comments

23rd of May, 2008

Your return instructions would either be on the receipt or you could have asked at the time of your purchase.

Check with the store so you know what you're getting into before you purchase something from them.

Aside from that, you do have a warranty with SONY. It may be frustrating when a product has issues, but the store is not responsible for the quality of a product--the manufacturer is!

Since you can't typically purchase these items directly from the manufacturer, the stores are only helping to provide products that customers desire.

This is another typical case of a misinformed consumer who will take down the closest person or entity within reach when something goes wrong, instead of going after the company who made the product in the first place.

I deal with this issue all the time as I work for an extended warranty company.

Since taking this job, I have learned so much about my responsibilities as a consumer and it has gotten me a lot further with manfuacturers when I'm having customer service-related issues.

• Oy
      30th of Oct, 2009

yeah i bought a defective piece of ### ps3 and they wont exchange it. its ### since everywhere it said OPENED ELECTRONICS CAN BE EXCHANGED same with the receipt

superstore is a piece of ###

• Sk
      16th of Nov, 2009

Superstore really needs re-evaluate their electronic department. I for one feel, they should not have one because they are unable to deals with exchanges and refunds when it relates to that department.

• Su
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Real Canadian Superstore - Vineger
    realcanadiansuperstore.ca

I purchase 7% pickling vinegar at Coquitlam branch Superstore on Jul 29, 2018. On that day the vinegar was split on my laptop and my document. So I complained about this event on the other branch of Superstore, Mission on Aug 6, 2018, to a store manager. But I have not received any response from him or her.

15th of Aug, 2018
    Real Canadian Superstore - Moldy Canned Vegtables
    Regina
    Saskatchewan

Hi,

A week ago I purchased two cans of No Name canned green beans at the North Regina, SK superstore. Tonight, I opened both cans to find they are completely moldy. This is completely unacceptable and a healthy risk!! When I phoned the store, the individual I spoke to did not care and advised me the store manager is unreachable.

• Da
    Real Canadian Superstore - Fruit that was mouldy
    Mississauga
    Ontario
    RealCanadianSuperstore.ca

Purchased two "easy to peel mandarins" (907g) today, got home and opened the first bag and there was a mould ridden mandarin. I have attached photo of the bag of mandarins and the receipt from the store Winston Churchill 3050 Argentia, Mississauga in Ontario

• Li
    Real Canadian Superstore - Linder eggs
    Canada

Today we purchased Lindor Eggs. Each individual bag contained rotten inedible chocolate. I cannot return the product as I live 170km away from Edmonton.

• Ly
    Real Canadian Superstore - Fly in product
    Canada

Make sure to wash fruits better. Found a fly in my yogurt parfait strawberries and blueberries with almond and granola.

• Am
    Real Canadian Superstore - Pharmacy
    Vancouver
    British Columbia
    Canada

We were here to get needles for checking insulin and the wait time was 45 min. She could have given us the pack of needles as it was urgent. We decided to wait 45 min as she already took the prescription. Next time I will prefer shoppers as the employees are good and more efficient.

• Mi
    Real Canadian Superstore - Smoked Yellow Cod
    Winnipeg
    Manitoba
    Canada

I have been buying Smoked Yellow Cod from the fresh seafood section of The Superstore on Gateway Rd in Winnipeg for over a year now. I absolutely loved it until opproximately the last couple of months where some of the packages of the cod were so OVERSALTED that I had to throw them out. They were uneatable.

• Vi
      28th of Aug, 2018
    Real Canadian Superstore - Product discription
    vicbilow@gmail.com

Products generally are fair at the Super Store... but our purchase from the Baron rd store Kelowna on Saturday was EXTREME False marking/advertising of a product.

Description was Small Sweet Kale salad with goat cheese and candied pecans?

What was in the container!
    2% Cheese
    2% Kale
    2% Pecans
    94% CABBAGE "CHEAP FILLER"

YUK...

• Re
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Real Canadian Superstore - Fruits and vegetables
    Canada

Buy a coconut thinking that the products are fresh. I took the water and broke the shell and it was moldy. At least he was 3 months old to have those conditions

• Dh
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Real Canadian Superstore - Service at baking deapartment
    Canada

Everytime, same lady gave us problem.she always have problem to write something on cake .it was -31 outside nd she said no I can't write it down on it.17 street superstore in Edmonton .

• Di
      4th of Sep, 2018
    Real Canadian Superstore - Pc Greek yogurt vanilla and granola 4 pack
    Nanaimo
    British Columbia
    Canada

Purchased this product last week and found that one yogurt was leaking from scratches to the plastic container and the other was completely missing the foil lid. I was very concerned about the safety of this product so didn't eat the other two yogurts either although they were sealed. I am concerned about the health risk to others.

• So
      6th of Sep, 2018
    Real Canadian Superstore - Main bistro garlic mashed patoto
    Calgary Alberta

Hi,
    I had purchased Garlic mashed potatoes of main ST Bistro today around 4.00 P.m.Photos of product are attached here with, was expired 5 days before that is NOV 7, 2017, from your store # RCSS 1542-100-3633 Westwinds Drive N.E Calgary AB. Ph# 403 590 3319.Please do the needful. Thanks

Solomon Williams.

• St
      6th of Sep, 2018
    Real Canadian Superstore - Customer Service
    Winnipeg
    Manitoba
    Canada

I called to ask about the quantity of stuff on sale, and I was given a really rude response because apparently there was "a lot of people in line" and I wasn't the person she was expecting to talk to. Extremely rude lady. Should NOT be working in customer service. Kenaston Superstore @ 5:20 pm

10th of Sep, 2018
    Real Canadian Superstore - bread bake in the store.
    Windsor
    Ontario
    Canada

I complain about bakery department all the time we purchased the store bread but this the first time when we eat we found plastic pieces in the bread we never purchase any baker product because we can't trust the store again I will report that to ministry of health.

• Ap
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Real Canadian Superstore - pomegranate
    realcanadiansuperstore.ca

I often buy pomegranates at Superstore. They are an expensive fruit at about $1.50 - $2 each. I find often enough that they are not ripe, and therefore inedible.
    I just opened one and it was not ripe at all and very bitter. Pomegranates do not ripen more after being picked. Please make sure your suppliers pick them ripened before shipping them.

• Tr
      20th of Sep, 2018
    Real Canadian Superstore - Presidents choice gourmet med roast whole bean coffee.
    Canada

Today as we were grinding coffee we found a rock the size of a coffee bean which got stuck in our grinder. Not sure if this has happened to anyone else but I wanted to bring it your attention.

• Do
      15th of Oct, 2018
    Real Canadian Superstore - Chicken wing in flyer for $11
    Leamington

You advertise chicken wing for 11 bucks then you put a sign up at the store say due to circumstances you don't have any. But you actually do!!