Real Canadian Superstore / refusal to exchange product

Canada Review updated:
I bought a playstation 3 at a Superstore in Spruce Grove Alberta. After 2 months it quit working.

As I live in rural manitoba returning it to the original store was impossible. So I took it to Winnipeg and stopped at the mcphillips st. Superstore. They said they could not exchange it as they were out of stock but told me to go to the Portage Ave. location as they had them in stock.

When I arrived there they asked for my receipt which I gave them. The sales clerk told me that they would not exchange it because it was not bought at that store. I have exchange things at Walmart stores that were bought at different locations and have never had a problem with them.

Now im stuck with having to go to Sony to get warranty and will probably have to pay a pretty penny for shipping.

Superstore is a second rate business and I would strongly recommend that people shop elsewhere.
Va

Comments

Ma
  23rd of May, 2008
Your return instructions would either be on the receipt or you could have asked at the time of your purchase.

Check with the store so you know what you're getting into before you purchase something from them.

Aside from that, you do have a warranty with SONY. It may be frustrating when a product has issues, but the store is not responsible for the quality of a product--the manufacturer is!

Since you can't typically purchase these items directly from the manufacturer, the stores are only helping to provide products that customers desire.

This is another typical case of a misinformed consumer who will take down the closest person or entity within reach when something goes wrong, instead of going after the company who made the product in the first place.

I deal with this issue all the time as I work for an extended warranty company.

Since taking this job, I have learned so much about my responsibilities as a consumer and it has gotten me a lot further with manfuacturers when I'm having customer service-related issues.
Oy
  30th of Oct, 2009
yeah i bought a defective piece of ### ps3 and they wont exchange it. its ### since everywhere it said OPENED ELECTRONICS CAN BE EXCHANGED same with the receipt

superstore is a piece of ###
Sk
  16th of Nov, 2009
Superstore really needs re-evaluate their electronic department. I for one feel, they should not have one because they are unable to deals with exchanges and refunds when it relates to that department.

Real Canadian Superstore Logo Real Canadian Superstore