RCI / services rendered

1 United States

I am an RCI Platinum member for the past 2 years, only because we paid an additional $10, 000 for a Vacation Village at Parkway timeshare. We were told of the "perks" that came with being Platinum member.

We finally received notification of a search in Maui and when I went to book it, the "on-line" reservation did not take, so called the number. After 2 hours of conversation, I was told I owed $80 for a "service mistake" on RCI's part. I pay with a credit card to reserve vacations and at that time paid what they said I owed. Now to book this vacation, RCI tells me that I owe $80 from a previous vacation back in July 2015. I did not know why and couldn't get a decent answer after 2 hours. So I called the [protected] number that Vacation Village told me was dedicated to just for owners. After spending another hour on the line, Ray tells me that the system error which was RCIs problem, that they had a points credit of $40 given to me, but I only paid $99 instead of the $219 fee. And the $40 credit went in 3 times so I owe $80 back before I can use RCI services for booking anything.

If there is no way to invoice or let members know there was an error in billing, why can't an email or phone call let members know there is something outstanding on your books? This is outrageous and I think this ought to be eaten by RCI and let me TRY to utilize their services. If this is what I have to go through, I am not going to use this service and WARN others not to either!

Un