Rbs Credit Card Services Dba Kroger Personal Finances - Kroger Master Card, Fred Meyer Master Card / Kroger is worse than Juniper!

I just opened a Juniper account and now find all the complaints here... scary.

But "RBS Credit Card Services" dba Kroger Personal Finances, Kroger Master Card, Fred Meyer Master Card, (and probably more) burned me worse than any of the reports I see here about Juniper.

In particular their brochure and application invited "Free Transfer From Other Credit Cards" and "No Interest for Nine Months." But it was/is all a crock.

Not only did they levy multiple "transfer fees" against me as-of the very first DAY, they reneged on the "no interest" for the transferred balances AND on PURCHASES in THEIR OWN stores (Fred Meyer) PLUS have increased the RATE of interest every single month since I transferred from the "Higher" (12% card)to their "promised" "0% for 9 months." I got stuck for transfer fees plus have had interest raised every single month since, day one (September 2006). Interest of last statement was about 65%: "minimum finance charge"

I tried to report them to local Consumer Protection (State of Washington) but got nowhere. I did report them repeatedly to the BBB in the states they're registered (CT, RI), and yesterday suddenly MY Credit Report shows about a dozen alleged "delinquencies" (according to HSBC Master Card) -- But I get brushed-off by Experian etc every time I try to get a copy of that alleged "Credit Report" - In violation of several state and federal laws.

I paid "Kroger Personal Finances" off COMPLETELY in December 2006 --- but am still (February 2007) being "accessed interest on interest" (on the "0% advances") -- Although I was never late for a single payment since I got the card.

And Kroger Personal Finance is still sending me blank checks imprinted "0% interest" in the same envelopes as the +60% "interest on interest" billing statements.

Va

Comments

• Sh
      16th of May, 2007

RBS (Kroger Personal Finance) is raping me, too! I made a payment in full in December 2006. I noticed on my January statement that a late fee of $35 had been applied in addition to 7 some dollars in finance charges. The company claims that I was a day late with my payment. I have proof that I wasn't. I followed the procedure regarding disputes, and RBS refuses to acknowledge that it is in dispute! My balance is now close to 80 dollars and there is no principle amount on the card. That is all late penalties I guess they feel they deserve. Six months has passed, and no one with any authority will contact me to work toward a resolution. So much for my day in court! Up until now, I've been a loyal Kroger customer all my life. What a mistake!

• Co
      25th of Aug, 2007

i have a 123 rewards card also and alot of the stuff you mentioned seem absolutely false and/or stretched. For instance with an interest rate. your interest rate can only change if it is a variable rate, and even then it is tied to some system which rbs (the issuer of the cc) disclosed to us. The variable rate is tied to the prime rate listed in the Wall street Journal and that hasn't moved in months. neither has my rate.

So i would double check you facts... of course like most credit cards they are trying to squeeze us for money somehow but the more you pay attention and stay in control the less they can do.

• Do
      20th of Sep, 2007

Here's what I have to say. I worked for RBS at one point. God only knows how many calls I got about this kind of stuff. Number 1, READ YOUR ###ING AGREEMENT. Everything we rep's do/tell you is all listed in that little piece of paper. Number 2, yes, if you make a payment even 1 day late and have promo rates, as stated in terms and conditions both to credit card and balance transfer offer paperwork, you will lose your promo rates. Any balances affected by this will then move to you standard rate on the account `and we will not reinstate those rates. Its a known fact that if you break contract, contract of any kind, you will have to suffer the consequences. When you filled out that application, mailed/called it in to apply... we tell you what kind of fees there are. If you bring your account over its limit, we will charge you. If your payment is due on the weekend, make sure we have it the business day prior. We will not change your rate every month. If you are on a fixed rate, it will not change unless the bank has to review all accounts and raise interest rates to keep up with market conditions or if you have a late charge. If you are at a variable rate, you have a rate that floats with the prime rate. Prime rate is changed every quarter and you will see that reflected on your statements. Most of the problems you people have with credit cards is you don't read the fine print. When you activate that card and begin using it and didn't read the fine print then who's fault is that??? It's not ours for damn sure. Also, customers seem to think it's nice to belittle and talk down to the reps on the phone with them. How do we live with ourselves having this job??? Gee, I don't know. Maybe it pays the bills. Maybe we do the same thing as you... wake up, piss/###, work to make a living. Think about that the next time you ask a rep that. Have a good day, ###s.

• Ed
      17th of Apr, 2008

I have balance of over $l00.00 on my account for discount on gas. I used the 123 card and received only a .03 cent discount instead of the .15 cents discount. I used it as stated on the pump and have had other problems with it. I can and do receive the .10 cents discount with the shopping card. But not this time. Verry disapointed.

• Ge
      24th of May, 2008

RBS creditcards sucks, I had a RBS mastercard and had bad expreience, their customer service is lame, there is always a long waiting time, and service personel are not helpful at all.

They charge $39 late fee for a balance of $20 that I paid 1 day late, because I never received the statement. I canceled my card and do not recommend anyone else to use them, if you have a card, be careful, cause they are trying everything to rip you off.

• Rb
      23rd of Feb, 2009

RBS Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) credit card is by far the worst credit card company I've ever dealt with. I am referring to the RBS MasterCard. They advertised a promotion with 0% balance transfer. When I finally got the card the rate was about 19%. They refused to honor their advertised promotion. I paid off the card and stuck it in a drawer. Today I received a nasty-gram I owe them over $60.00.. I found out they charged me $20 for Late Fee Protection in December and $42 for late fees and finance charges, and reduced my credit limit to $250.00.. On the phone they refused to remove the charges. So I just closed the account. I will file a Better Business Bureau complaint by internet through the Bridgeport CT office, which will be followed by a local small claims court lawsuit, which I will win by default because they won't show. Bottom line RBS MasterCard SUCKS!

• Ho
      16th of Apr, 2009

I have had nothing but good results from them. First of all you complain about balance transfer fees when it says right there on the form that they charge this fee. Dont blame them because you dont read the whole form. Second, here you are on a message board so you obviously have interenet, email, online access etc. It is so easy to set up for paperless statements and you can go online and see your account balance and your minimum payment due, due date, etc. You can even set up automatic transfers, simple and painless.
    I personally use this card for 15 cents off a gallon of gas and for the double reward points at Freds. I pay my bill every week in full. If you dont pay your bill every month on time you should cut up your card because you have no business using a credit card.

• Na
      4th of Aug, 2009

If you make a one time late payment most good credit card companies will take away the late payment and let you keep the interest rate you have. Not Kroger (RBS) they just say too bad. I was out of town and went to Kroger to see if they could look up my bill so I could pay on it. You can't pay at the store. I didnt even have my credit card with me so I could look it up on the website. I know my mistake. My rate went from 11% to 28.99%. What that means for Kroger is I won't be spending my money on groceries, instead I will be working like he** to try and pay the credit card off. I also am feeling resentful enough to buy my groceries at a store that treats people who have been shopping with them 30 years better.

• Da
      17th of Sep, 2009

I had similar problems. When they raised the rate on me, I paid the card off in full and closed the account after speaking with their cusomer service (service? that's a laugh). A month later received another bill for interest on a paid off account. I called back again spoke with Matthew (C020205) and his boss Omar (c0202118) with no help and rude. I asked what I owed today and what would happen if I over paid as not to have that happen again. Omar said "they would write off the samll overage". I asked him to send me that in writing and asked at what amount would not be "Written off". He could not answer.

I over paid on line so I will maintain a positive Balance to have them send statements on and so I can continue to call their Customer Service. If disatisfied customers would do this, we can eat up some of their overpriced service profits and tie up their customer service (manpower = $). Spread the word.

• Ih
      19th of May, 2010

I haven't had the interest problems so many have, but I have been wrapped around a tree twice trying to dispute a charge that was put on twice by a merchant. ALL of the information required was put in the first letter to them, but then they sent a form that said I had to put the information in in their format. FURTHER that the dispute wouldn't begin until they got the form and that had to be within 60 days of the statement. I think they just want to avoid handling the issue and make it as impossible as possible. Extra stamps!

• Ci
      19th of Dec, 2010

I got the 1 2 3 REWARD card 5 months ago, started making purchases imediatelly so i can get the rewards build up. Too bad never saw any certificates they sure send the bills on time but i never got anything else. I have been trying to get this resolved for past 5 months no success. Is anyone else having same issue? I talked to the customer service reps.dozen of times but it's just lie after lie i don't trust anything they are saying anymore. They owe me few certificates and i want to get them but don't know whom else to contact. HELP.

26th of Feb, 2012

Those ### are Theifs to the american comsumers. I recently bought a mastercard giftcard that forces you to use a website owned by Krogers Personal Finace, and when ever you try to register your card (activate it) they will not let you giving you a error saying you put your information in wrong when I have not. THEY ALL BELONG IN PRISON FOR FRAUD AND SCAMMING THEIR CUSTOMERS.