[Resolved] Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimahharassment and calling me b*t

M Nov 28, 2017

I have been on default for 3 months on my RAKBANK Credit Card due to major financial difficulties, i'm paying for min.dues only but its not enough. Yesterday, 27-Nov-2017 the Agent named ANAS ([protected]) called and pushing me to pay the Min of AED950 before month end to at least cancel any legal proceedings the bank may file against me. I've explained my current situation that I don't have yet any cash on hand and requested to please wait for my salary after the Holiday (04-Dec-2017). However, he insisted and sent his colleague/collector to our office to get the AED950 from me. I've talked to the collector guy politely and explained that i don't have yet the fund and tried borrowings from friends but its almost month end and all of them doesn't have this amount. The collector talked politely and insist me to arrange before month end though from my side, i've said that my salary will only be receive after the Holiday. Then here comes today, we are busy in the office due to wide management meeting and ANAS called directly to our office, our Admin advised that we are on a meeting and if possible to call my mobile directly since this is a personal matter. However, he got mad and shouted to our Admin whose talking politely to him. Unfortunately, this guy shouted to my colleague and not listening to the explanation of our Admin. He threatened that he will send someone from RAKBANK to come to office and deal with her. The admin got mad and called me during the meeting and advised to check my phone(not allowed on the meeting) to talk to this guy which is harassing her. I talked to ANAS politely when i excuse from the meeting. I am trying to explain the situation to him but he got so angry and shouted to me and calling me B******t! He said the words many times and requested him politely to please stop saying bad words coz I am explaining, he cut me out and shouted that I dont have the right to explain or talk coz i need to pay after half an hour. Again i explained to him that i will settle the dues after receiving my salary in a few days and begged him to listen but he is so rude to the point that he is cutting whenever I am talking. May I ask if this is the right way to treat their customers? Even explaining politely they will shout and cut me out? He is insisting that I dont have the right to explain further? is this how a big and prestigious bank treat your client? To the point of unprofessionalism? I am clearly aware of my obligations and doing my best to settle it.

• Resolution Statement

• Dear Customer

Please contact us on [protected] or provide your contact number for us to reach you.

RAK BANK team