[Resolved] Rak Bank / unprofessional staff

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Dear sir/madam

Let me introduce my self, abdul wahab, sharjah, from past one year i have been using rak credit card and doing the payment on time, but unfortunately from last three month i am delaying my payment only because i have no job, the customer care peoples are the worst people of rak bank, they take their customer for granted, one of the customer care person name ali working in al nihal building in qusais call my wife yesterday from his direct no.[protected].18pm till 1.30pm) regarding the same but she clearly explained the situation and promised him that the payment will be done by the end of this month.Despite explaining the problem this guy started abusing her using unwanted words which you can retrieve from the recorded tape.She was so embarrassed and kept on requesting him to reduce his voice but this stupid person never did so.My concern is the way he was talking was totally unprofessional and specially with the ladies which is unacceptable. Is this the way rak bank teach and train their staff to deal with their customer? She told him i will complain to your higher dept, but in return he told her even if i complain to their seniors it wont be any use, this is the way they talk, i suggest others not to deal with rak bank the worst bank in uae, very disappointing & bad experience with rak bank

I need a proper explanation from the manager on this regard

Abdul wahab
[protected]

• Resolution statement

• Dear Customer,
    Request you to provide your contact details to assist you further.

Regards,
    RAKBANK Team

• Dear Customer

Please contact us on 04 2130000 or provide your contact number for us to reach you.
    RAK BANK Team

Comments

• Ra
      21st of Dec, 2010

###ing ### holes call center idiots.

• Ba
      9th of Mar, 2011

I totally Agree with you, my account with RAK Bank Lamcy Plazal Brnach Dubai, this brnash is lawsy and no despline at all, the employee sitting having fun and taking coffe and no attention to the customers at all, even the brnash manger the worth manger I saw in a bank, his almost calreless and nothing can be solved with him. Will leave RAK BANK soon.

• Sh
      15th of Jun, 2012

100% agree with you, Rak bank simply the WORST!
    I applied for a Rak credit card 01/04 and got confirmation message that the card is being delivered on 05/04, I had to wait till 28/04 to receive the card!!! more than 15 call given to the customer service asking why is the delay? each and every time i raise a complain for that and the response given is " Sir ur card is with the courier company the delay is from their side" I didn't really understand them! should I call the courier company my self and follow up? After all I had to tell them that I'm going to report that to the police as you got an open cheque from me against the credit card but u never deliver the card, Only this time they start to act and finally received the card!!!
    By the way, I haven't received any statements so far!! call and complain given with no action as always!! I'm going to throw the card on their faces..

Sherif,

5th of May, 2013

RAKBANK has the worst customer service known to human history. They are utterly incompetent, and lack proper training. Every issue you raise with the call center, they tell you to go to the branch. When you go to the branch, they tell you to call the call center. They take money from your account without informing you, and can not even explain what the charges are. I am closing my account and never going near a RAKBANK again.

• Vi
      18th of Sep, 2013

I am a card holder for years and they don't have any product to close out the cards, every other bank gives instalment payments except this credit card shark called RAK. The guys at the call centre reminds me of
    typical money lender's collection men who comes home and threaten and abuse to insult.When i missed out one payment, i had this experience and I even asked the person, did his parents never ever taught him how to behave and respect people.The answer was more strange, this is bank, understand and you will face dire consequences if you don't obey us.

• Fo
      14th of Nov, 2013

Rak Bank branch located in Ajman for the most part have very helpful staff, however their new accounting department has some downright rude and unprofessional staff, my experience with them has been very disheartening, first of all the staff member asked me to speak in another language other than English, even though I was talking to him in English, then on top of that his behavior with me was such that he just didnt want me to open an account with them, they have no transparency, they give comments such as - "We are not authorized to release this information", they even tried to convince me to open an account with a bunch of services, after falsely representing their services and not informing me of their hidden charges, their behavior with low income clients is absolutely detestable, they are extremely racist. They will hold any large amounts that get into your account, without explaining beforehand, what amount or transaction caused the hold. Overall I am highly disappointed with this bank, My advice to new customers is to stay clear from this idiotic institution.

30th of Dec, 2013

Am having a Rak Bank credit card, On last Oct the card was stolen by a Tunisian, we did not had any idea on this till the bank call us for the confirmation of the transactions for 54, 000AED in three days(i.e) 27th - 29th Oct 2013. In this three days there was more than 25, 000 AED utillized everyday but there was no single Intimation from the bank, not even an SMS. Whereas in other bank credit card even when we purchase for 100AED there is SMS facility to Intimate us.The person who have stolen our card has been caught.
    It seems to be he have purchased more than 80% of the money like Mobiles, IPAD etc. We gone to the mobile outlets we checked all the Receipts it was not the same signature which was behind the card, As well it was a even not the same name given for Invoicing.
    More over the card name was an Indian how can it be acceptable to a Tunisian who use the card for purchase there is no security for our money.But this bank says the clever reply as The signature & name are just only for Receipt purpose these are not required to be the same as card holder mentioned. In this three days transactions happened for every twenty min & half an hour for 3000 & 4000 AED but the bank did not half any single doubt & not even bothered to check with the card holder, purely there is no Intention to have favor on the card holder. Mean if the transaction exceed more than 10, 000AED the vendor must must check the ID card even they fail to do this.Having so many things even after the accuse was caught the bank still have send a notice to us in order to claim their dues. Where there is customer service here?.Its not safe the be a part of RAK Bank even if the bank does not have this basic Courtesy. So Other card holders please be aware of all this Demerits of RAK Bank. Even they want to make money with the basic facilities which other banks provide free of cost for their Innocent customer. Any how looking into this Comment by me the bank should have the coutesy to show some positive behaviors to me if not I will come back to this world with more negative comments about the bank. If the bank is is really service oriented they will approach me positively, Whereas I will get back all this words.

• Ne
      8th of Feb, 2014

The nature of this complaint is regarding incompetent and unhelpful staff in RAK Bank in Ajman, Located in the NK MALL AJMAN.

Incident - Occurred during opening the bank account
    The bank employee told me specifically that he doesn't speak any English, and wanted me to speak in another language. Their general behavior was that I should not open an account with them, they asked me several times for what purpose is the account being opened, after supplying all official documentation still he was not convinced, and then referred me to another staff who was equally incompetent. During the process of opening the bank account, the bank employee was tricking me to into opening an account that has a recurring charge, after asking him several times, whether that was the case of a recurring charge, he in an unclear manner told me that was the case. They are tricking customers into opening these accounts that have recurring charges.
    - false advertising from employees
    - Rude behavior from tellers opening the account

The other day, i also wanted to send a TT locally, first of all they expect you to print out the document, then fill it out by hand, and then submit it back to them, and then attach evidence for why you want to send it. Which is absolutely nonsense.

Among the staff, the worst are the non local arabs, they are absolutely useless, in front of my eyes there was a huge long line of people waiting to make a simple inquiry and there were 2 counters, one had an asian and the other eyptian, the egyptian was just sitting and pretending to be busy, and didnt have the courtesy to ask if anyone wanted any assistance. The other teller was irritated and had to handle more than 50 people at one time.

The manager of this branch, is the proverbial Emirati, an arab with a huge salary and the wit of a ###ed ape, going to him is absolutely useless.

I would like to kindly request the manager of the hq of Rak Bank, to please implement better policies, and stop treating people like animals. F U !

2nd of Mar, 2014

Thanks, a lot to RAK bank Really wonderful Last DEC31' 2013. I have launched a complaint regarding the theft of my card AED56, 000 which had been completly waved off & made my life peaceful I appreciate the bank for this kind action. I Belive still the banks are service oriented. Thanks again also through out my life.

• Ga
      2nd of Nov, 2015

Very Very bad service. i had contact them on 19th October, 25th and 1st November regarding my estatement issue every time they will say we will call you back sir Tomorrow!!! until now no one cal me yet my complaint still lying very bad service

• So
      6th of May, 2016

Worst service ever!

I requested for NO liability letter on 20 April. Rak bank advised me I will get my latter after seven to ten working days but still I did not get any response from Rak bank. When I called them they put my call on hold after long time they gave me response without satisfaction answer at the end, so I am very disappointing!
    Please advise me how I can get my no liability letter.

• Ca
      7th of May, 2016

They transfer the amount to other account without my knowledge and approval, this bank totally non cooperative and full off idiots in staff.

• Ah
      6th of Jun, 2016

Dear Rak Bank,

I want to make complaint anout 1 guys sales person name MURULI GOPAL from Diera Branch,
    He lying to me, unprofisional and he not take care customer except he just want to
    finish his job only because he still not direct hire RAKBANK.
    I will apply leability letter ASAP as long this guy still working with RAKBANK and try to find another bank.
    I Have all prove in our conversation chat by whatapps aplication.

AHMAD KHAIRUL

• Ah
      28th of Jun, 2016

this guy really dont know how to do his job and will make you in trouble.
    i really want leave from RAK BANK and will find another bank due of this guy.
    his name is murali and his tel number is 0657273295.
    i don't want used ram bank anymore.

they can call me if they want to ask me something
    ahmad iza

• Ni
      29th of Jan, 2017

I've been a customer of RAK bank for the past 10 years religiously doing the payments and making sure all payments are done timely. Now that I have some extra money wanted to close the card and loan that I have with RAK bank. I called asked the outstanding amounts to pay and did the payment promptly. Since that day every day I'm trying to call and request for a closure and I'm told to pay 100 aed sometime, 20 aed sometime, 160 aed sometime. This is continuing since the past 10 days . Every day I go to the RAK atm and do the payment and request for a closure and to my surprise I am told a new amount to pay ( Can you pay this amount now?). Everyday I get told this is the outstanding for now and you pay this and request for a closure, once I do this payment they give me a fake ref number for card closure which later I know does not have any meaning.
    The customer care people are only playing around with customers and taking them for a ride.
    I'm so frustrated and very upset with the bank. I was under the impression that RAK bank was a good bank but I am wrong.

• Ni
      29th of Jan, 2017

all staff are absolutely unprofessional and clueless. It's a horrible bank and will not recommend anyone to choose this bank.

• Sr
      7th of Jun, 2017

@Nilofer Completely agreed . Such a worst bank I even dealt with .. such a poor customer service and they play with their words time to time for money

• Ad
      22nd of Sep, 2017

I totally agree. RAK bank is the worst worldwide. They are keeping applying penalties for paid amount.
    Never deal with them.

• Eb
      12th of Nov, 2017

Rak bank collection department staff are unprofessional people . Because of one month delay they call my family members which their numbers are with the bank
    Even after I have paid all the balance amount .The collection department never told me when I will receive the clearance letter .Never trust in collection department phone number (04-2130000) you always get a record massage .I am in a deep [censor] because of RAK bank
    Ebtehal

• Ro
      7th of May, 2018

i have been dealing with Rak Bank for couple of year and with in the short span of time they drain me almost with unnecessary charges...in a single month 3 loan recovery..for make 200AED transaction 200AED charges where i can transfer the cost of 20AED from outside..as well unknown charges getting accumulated on the account...its really humiliating the customers..also when we raise a complaint the recluse respond coming from staff saying that bank is leagally cover with terms and conditiong...one of the wrost bank i have ever dealt with it..i never let any one go from my knowledge to them for any deal

• Pc
      31st of Oct, 2018

Dear to the concern people,

I have been paying in time for the pass 6 months but now since I lost the job and not able to pay on time, most customer service staff of Rak is very rude and even calling my son in my home country to threaten him and even using a Philippine number .They don't have the right to call someone in my home country as I am reachable. Most of your staff namely Nader, Saleem, Kumel are threatening me and shouting every time they call.

The number who keep calling and threaten me just to get payment are. 0566610474, 0528304140

If this is the kind of staff You will have you will never regain trust from the client.

Hoping your kind assistance