Quicken Loans / fraudulent company

1 20555 Victor ParkwayLivonia, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-610-5499

Well, we bit on it. Quicken Loans has a beautiful website and I suppose it's designed to elicit trust. And I read what other people said, that they ask you for fees and never give the money back, and want your credit card number. With all the scams in mortgage lending, I thought that maybe these mortgage companies learned their lesson and now they were restructured.

We spent about 25 minutes discussing a new home loan, and the agent gave us this spiel that he was going to hook us up with their realtor, and bank, and we were going to get a house and they were going to do the mortgage.
Then he asked us for our credit card number and he wanted $600 just to secure the loan, sort of a good faith thing. It's a scam. Then we got an email that said unfortunately they couldn't give us a loan, (we qualified with a major bank as well), and their Fresh Start Credit Repair company would help us out...of some more money I suppose.
Anyway, that's what happens if you try to negotiate a loan with Quicken.

Ka

Comments

• Ka
      22nd of Mar, 2009

This company is a major scam. I was put in touch with this cmpany through Sallie Mae whom I have Parent Plus loans through. After much debate, I finally made the decision to refinance my mortage and home equity loan. Of course, I had to pay $350 "Good Faith Deposite" up front. (now I'm told that was for my appraisal. Anyway, I went through hell, I mean hell, for this loan. It was one thing after another that they wanted going back on my credit for stupid stuff. I responded to everything. Finally, they had a "credit counselor" call me to verifry a few things. That was the end of my possible loan. Why?? Because their policy is to "only allow one late mortgage payment in a 12-month period. I lost my $350. I told her this was bad business practice. If this was QuickenLoans "policy, " then it should have been a question upfront before I paid the $350 and before any appraisal is completed.

Now they are harassing me to help me "repair my credit" and they will help me refinance in a year. But first, she says, we have another program coming out on April 1st for "people like you." People like me???? What is a person like me? I have been owning my home for 21 years now. All I wanted to do was get a cheaper rate for the remaining balance plus the home equity loan. I emailed her and told her to tell her friends at "Fresh Start" to stop calling me. Further, if I had bad credit, I would pay someone else before I paid them. They are blocked from my email. I will be filing a complaint with the Attorney General's office.

9th of Apr, 2009

People with bad credit are always angry aren't they, I did a loan with Quicken and they treated me just great, I even got assistance from credit repair team (Fresh Start) I needed 44 points and the software helped me achieve 63 points in 2 months, I have no complaints with them, And to this day I can still log into my account and continue to increase my scores, which I have been doing.

• Ro
      14th of Apr, 2009

I recently clode with quicken loan. The whole process took 25 days and would have closed sooner except I changed the term of the loan two times and delayed closing date. They we upfront with me all the way and explained everything to me. They explained the 500 dollar deposit was for appraisal and I would get it back after closing(which I did). The closing went smoothly and after the 3 day wait everything was paid off. I high recommend this company to anyone who is interested in refinancing. If you have good credit(like I did), the process is painless. Yes the closing costs might be a little high, but if you are planning to stay in your house longer than 5 years, then its worth it.

• Ho
      2nd of Jun, 2009

These guys are amazing...even after I got pushed to the wall...and told the guy who did it "no thanks" and then emailed him articles about him on the net being a slimeball...he acted like nothing happened...then my call was "esculated" to a "closer" (I bet another salesperson) who stated leaving me berating emails that my file would be dropped and only a fool would not refinance in this window. I get 1-2 calls a day...they just work off averages, someone will cave..Caveat Emptor !

• Vc
      20th of Jan, 2011

The way this company work with potential client is too agressive. They don't send me options for me read in advance. They call me and walk me through: creating online account with them inorder to see the documents and expect me to sign while we talk on the phone. You will not enough time to read carefully and do your home work and that lead you to sign something that you don't understand fully.

I have experience with this type of company before with a bad experience. So this time, I am able to say "no" and safely get out the potential harm.

VCC

• Tm
      19th of Feb, 2014

I got turned down for a VA home loan through this company
    then got suckered out of $200 for this Fresh Start Program. I believe this program is a scam and takes
    advantage of people in this situation. I
    and others look forward to a class action law suit to stop this practice.
    This company game me a incorrect credit score to sucker me into this Fresh
    Start program. I got approved through Veterans United with my correct credit score..

11th of Dec, 2015

All of them are true. Stay away from them as much as possible.

• Sl
      6th of Jan, 2016

It's not a coincidence that the negative comments are actual people with names and the positive comments are monikers and screen names. Steer clear.

• Tp
      14th of Mar, 2016

i am an existing Quicken Loan customer. My property appraised by 3rd party. I have about $60, 000 of equity in my home, Looking to refinance with $10, 000. cash out to pay my credit cards. I have never had a late payment on the mortgage i meant NEVER (in 7 years) just have high revolving credit balance. They turned me down and ask me to sign up for Fresh Start program. This is crazy. $60, 000 of equity is not sufficient enough collateral. My score is not great due to high debts and too many inquiries. NO late payments and no delinquency what so ever. How fresh start program that can help me? pay down my credit card? The only way i will qualify is that I need to pay down some of my credit cards and wait for two years later for those people to be off my inquiries.