Quality Auto Parts / Terrible company

1 7420 Hitt Road, Suite BMobile, AL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 312-224-1676

This company has high pressure agents who talk good but when you get their products it is defective. I talked to a person in Chicago, IL named Chris (Phone # [protected], EXT 1143) when I ordered an engine and he assured me that the engine was fully tested and ready to be 'just dropped in' to my vehicle. The engine was shipped to the shop and I was informed by the owner that several problems existed, including bolt from the head was missing.

These people will never let you talk to Merissa, whom they claim is the supervisor of customer service. Merissa's telephone number is [protected]. They also have a phone number that is [protected], and another that I know of which is [protected]. Agents at Quality Auto Parts will also try to pressure you to get your credit card information and after they charge your card they will send you an email where you can log on and see a different warranty statement than you are told.

My engine was like it had been dropped off a truck onto the roadway because the oil pan was busted, the water pump was leaking, and head bolt was missing. They are giving me a hard time to either replace the engine or give me a refund. Then they have a belligerent attitude about you must return the engine at your expense before the 30 warranty is up.

TELL EVERYONE NOT TO USE THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE A FULL RIP OFF IN EVEY SENSE OF THE WORD.

Va

Comments

2nd of Sep, 2008

I totally agree with you, these people are ripoff artists! I bought an engine for a Mercedes-Benz and paid $2500. After spent another thousand dollars in diagnostics after the engine was installed it was determined that the engine was defective when shipped.of course they said your warranty is only good for 30 days. A warranty implies that the original part was good when purchased. I intend to sue these people in small claims court. Does anyone have any experience in this area. Also, I ordered the engine on my American Express and I asked them to intervene.
    Any advice is appreciated.
    JC

• Je
      24th of Sep, 2008

I called about a part/price...then I Googled their company and found a lot of complaints. They kept emailing me, so I blocked them. Now they are calling my cell phone. I emailed them and told them I was not buying anything from them because of all the complaints. The price kept getting lower with every email. Live & Learn!

• Jr
      25th of Sep, 2008

This company is FRAUD, I put a call in to get a glass window replacement for my GMC Envoy and they assured me that the window was "quality tested" I was assured by 2 different customer service reps, that it was the correct part and that the glass was "IN LIKE NEW CONDITION!" I received the part not only in horrible shape, but IT WAS THE WRONG PART!!! so I imidiatly got on the phone and I spoke to a Marissa Voleta as she said she was a supervisor at first, she concluded that she didnt know whos fault it was and I had to pay 50.00 for return shipping! and out of my pocket! what happened to the customer service here? I then perceded to ask to speak to a manager and she said she was the manager, and I told her that she just said she was a "supervisor" and her reply was "they are both the same here" and that I had to pay for shipping EVEN THOUGH IT WAS THE WRONG PART!!! and she would not send my call to another manager or her supervisor/manager! apperantly these people dont back up their service or parts they sell, horrible customer service, I called yet another customer rep trying to find out if I could speak to another rep and nope they kept giving me the same person "Marissa Voleta" 773-828-4742 what a joke, dont they have other supervisors? or managers? STAY AWAY STAY AWAY horrible service will lie to you to get your order! and then if something goes wrong they do not DO NOT try to assist you with anything, better off paying retail than having to deal with this kinda BS. STAY AWAY STAY AWAY!

• Ri
      31st of Jan, 2009

too have been contacted by this company. I was just trying to get a price on a radiator. The guy on the phone called me within a hour of the request. He then tried to get me to buy one rite now. To save 20$ on a used part versus new it wasn't worth it. He then told me" i wasted his time what the [censored]" and hung up the phone on me. Beware this company ripe off with poor customer service. In today's market customer service is going to prevail. This company will go down. I used automotix to search for the part and contacted them and have yet to recieve any feedback on that.

• Ed
      22nd of Feb, 2009

Don't purchase from this company. I had a similar experience.

• Mb
      22nd of Mar, 2009

You want shopping experience "nigerian style"?
    These guys will do!!
    And if you come to a point to speak to a manager or supervisor, be sure that they will never return your calls.

• Ed
      18th of Apr, 2009

Yes I agree. Advance Auto Parts buys old car parts, replaces a very minimal amount of whats needed, paints and resells alternators, distributors, starters, carburetors and they are all junk! I have had my problems with them from the past 6 years, with parts that only last one year. Then they say that you cant get a refund unles the part is a manufacturer defect, not worn out! They really cheat consumers. Ive returned used parts that never worked from the start and even looked dirty in the box. This happens at every single store no matter where you go in the US. The customer service is very very bad too. The counter people are asa stupid as they come and refuse to help.. they are only trained to sell. Its a shame this happens. The best bet is Napa, or your dealer and get a new part. Plus, for supplies, oil, cleaning, wax, go to Walmart or Target, its much cheaper!!

• Qu
      22nd of Apr, 2009

ITS TRUE!!! THEY ARE RIP OFFS!!! My husband had a tune up in April 2009..spark plugs were never changed after he paid for the service. The check engine light went on 3 weeks after a tune up. They said they had no time to fix it to bring it back in 4 days. the truck had hardly any power and it kept bucking . He took it to Strauss Auto where they found out that the plug was never changed and then it damaged the ignition coil. After $200 at Strauss he went back to Quality to confront the manager. He became very hostile and told my husband to get the f... out of his building and shoved him a few times out the door. We filed a complaint with the BBB and filed a harassment charge on the manager. The verbal abuse my husband took was unbelievable. Quality Auto in Union is the same as all of them...DONT NOT GO TO ANY QUALITY AUTO CENTERS!!!

• Te
      21st of Sep, 2009

Quality Auto Parts e-mailed & called me right after I submitted a request to the national auto parts database… the lady on the phone was very pushy and didn't speak good English at all. The kicker was that she quoted me a price of $500 on a part that I have found 2-3 other places for between $150-$250. Shop around, then don't come back to these guys.

6th of Nov, 2009

LOL at this company. Talking to a foreigner named Michael Smith. Knew it was crap from the start.

30th of Jan, 2010

I disagree

Just for the look the the jack -assed mechanic gave me after I told by him " You better go buy a new car, they don't even make this part anymore...I called all my contacts and they said the same thing"
    Quality Autp Parts was able to source the part for me in good condition
    He just shut up put his tail between his legs and installed the thing three days later..I said after I paid " You might wanna call "Quality Auto Parts" next time you can't find a part...

Best day of my life that was...thanks again Quality Auto Parts

• Th
      9th of Feb, 2010

I'm glad I found this site. I was about to drop $700 in a motor from them. I was just about to give them my info and have it shipped. Something told me not to and look them up first. Thanks for all you who left feedback you saved me a mistake.

6th of Jul, 2010

I work at a salvage yard that they sometimes order parts from. Buyer beware that they indeed jack the price way up almost tripple the cost of the part. We have gotten back 9/10 items they buy from us, drop shipping them to their customers, and the customer expects a perfect part, which the condition of the item is always explained to QAP before we ship/charge them. I am no longer doing business with them as I see they hurt you, the consumer at every angle. My advise is to stop doing any business with 3rd party used auto parts companies and just deal directly with a salvage yard. Your part will be explained to you, the condition, warranty, ect, you deal directly with them, and you do not pay an arm and a leg for a part. car-part.com has inventory listings of every yard in the United States, and uses the same system that 99% of all salvage yards use, they have hone numbers, prices, addresses, ect on their site so you can talk to an American rather than some India lady who you can barely understand.
    In short, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM, DEAL DIRECTLY WITH A SALVAGE YARD, you can find them on the site explained above, anywhere!

• Re
      28th of Aug, 2010

Sup, I worked for QAP. You want to sue em, u need info i have. email me at iminocentuntilprovenguilty@hotmail.com. I love freedom of speech, more than that i love freedom to bear arms.

Peoples army for life,
    Red Fox.
    We out peace.

• Do
      28th of Aug, 2010

They send a bad product they should not be used.

• Ih
      29th of Sep, 2010

A middle eastern guy names 'Dennis" assured me he had a rear bumper cover for a Highlander for $140.00 He said it was gold color so I would not need to paint it, sounded good to me.

I told him to send an email with specifics and I woudl get back to him. The email listed it at $740. ! (the part new is $165.00). If he had my charge card # it would have been my problem.

Get the word out, these Camel Kissers are robbers !

• Re
      31st of Oct, 2010

hey my name is Rex Warner i completely disagree with all complaints but yes when there is a goo there is a bad. but you can not judge depending on one single mistake.i will tell what they have a very good customer service and they quickly solve the problem just like that so mainly what we will be looking forward to thats future business i am happy with everything dont just thing about one mistake it happens thing about 99 good things that they have done.

• 0 Votes

hehehe this is a scam.. for eg, they say that they have only ware house parts, but that s a load of crock, . its all form a junk yard., hahah, they r liars.. hehe and whats more, for a part that s cost them $ 20 at the junk yard, they charge you $ 150., scam, haha, , they do not check the parts they send u like they talk about theIR SO CALLED quality inspection, , trust me, call them up and @ 1- 800- 505-5838 and just talk to them and listen to the b*** sh** they will tell u.. they are able to locate parts that are in "car-parts.com", if u ppl are not so lazy then i suggest that u go onto that site.. do not entre a zip code when it asks u too, but just submit, , then u will get all the parts which these guys aRe able to locate and hell yeah for like a lot of $$$$ lesser.. they offer a 30 day warrnaty when they get like a 6 month warrany directly form the junk yards, so what i suggest u do is follow the above steps and tell me if i havent saved u from a "the biggest SCAM of the 21 st century... ""REMINDER check "car-parts.com" for all the parts that u need..

• Tr
      7th of Dec, 2010

I too have been contacted by Quality Auto Parts and they are high for the parts they sell. However, parts are worth whatever people will pay for them so I suppose they have a good supply of customers since they stay in business. Buyer beware as always.

• Ab
      3rd of Apr, 2011

hey i used to work for those con artists ... just visit "car-parts . com" thats where they buy all their parts from. . . and the worst part is they force us sell a part which would cost only $20 on the above site for like $150-$200. . . .
    quality auto parts suks ... and there is one last secret to their company the say they are a chicago based company which is total crap the have call center in INDIA in this city called "BANGALORE" and thats where they call you from ... if u do ever call them ask them some genral questions about chicago... like abt the climate or where exactly in chicago do they live ...they'll talk crap or probably hang up on you proving my point