Punjab National Bank / difficulty on cash deposit

1 India Review updated:

Sir,
I have to deposit cash in pnb account.
I went 2-3 of pnb but they said that u can't deposit here cash in outstation's a/c b'coz it is a big branch.
please tell me the meaning of big branch.
it means in which branch we can't deposit cash in outside's a/c we can call big branch?
other banks are giving facilities day to day and pnb is going to down.
if like it will be done again then i will close my a/c of pnb

Regards
Sandeep Makkar
sandeep_makkar7@yahoo.com

Comments

Su
  6th of Aug, 2009

sir, i was going to punjab national bank Bolangir branch the nearest PUNJAB NATIONL BANK from my home for my studyloan.but when they comes to know that i am not belongs to proper Bolangir near to Bolangir a rural area they refuse to give me studyloan even they not give me permission to apply for the loan.
sir, is there any rule that a student only apply in their home place for loan.
sir, i am already took admission but cannot beer rest of the money for admission.

Ar
  4th of May, 2010

Sir,

Recently within 1 month of period I have gone through the worst experience with PNB.

1. I tried to deposit cash on 4/05/2010 in one of my Friends account in Varanasi from PNB Gurgaon (Bus stand, Sec 14 & Sadar Bazar) branches and they said that the people who does this work has been sent for the Population Counting (JANGANNANA) by Govt. and there is nobody who takes cares for this task. However they if the account is from the same branch then they are able to do so. Otherwise, not. And now they want me to try at PNB branch which is 8 KMS away from my location when all these 3 are just at the walking distance

2. Before that when I requested for the duplicate Debit card at PNB Gurgaon (Bus stand) they said, they can't issue a card because my account belongs to Jammu and told me to go to the PNB Gurgaon (Sadar). They issued the card within 1 week when they could have done this in couple of days and even for that I went to the Bus stand branch for the application that they can't issue a card, in which they mentioned "They do not have enough cards" and then I submitted this in the Sadar Branch.

If it happens the 3rd the time I'll close my account with PNB.

Arun Singh
Address: Branch Durga Nagar Jammu (J&K)
Ph. no. : 9818532782

Pi
  31st of Mar, 2011

Hello, I too experienced this problem with PNB. Last Year (Dec2010) I went to Faridabad and I have to send cash to my PNB Himachal, but the authorities refused to take cash and said that You can't deposit more than Rs. 10000/- from here, you have to go to some other branch.
On 28 March 2011 I went to PNB Punjabi Bagh New Delhi for transferring cash to Himachal PNB account, but they refused this and told me to go to Nangloi branch. I requested Chief Manager for this task and after that operator received cash and transferred it.
I can't understand, what is the use of online banking, if some customer is not able to deposit cash from any branch.
Piyush