Puget Sound Energy / penalties and charges for hard times
We have been having rougher than usual weather and the heating bills were very high. My husband is self employed and was experiencing some tougher times finding jobs and I am unemployed and a full time student so when the high bills came for the electricity from Puget Sound Energy we were tight on the money and have made a few late payments. As we have made late payments we were paying the late charges as well. Now Puget Sound Energy is charging us a $477 deposit, which the company will hold until we make 12 consecutive on time payments. If we do not pay this payment they are threatening to shot off our power. we are having hard times so they are punishing us by making us find more money that we do not have. It is a vicious circle we are stuck in. We payed late because we had no money, now are charged more money for not having money in the first place. So in 3 days we might be in the dark... What are we to do? Is there any way to dispute these charges/deposits?
More Puget Sound Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Puget Sound Adventure Boot Camp - Stay away from this company 
- Puget Sound Energy - deceptive billing practices 
- Puget Sound Energy - late fees, monopoly
- Puget Sound Energy - "surprise" deposit requirement for 9-year customer 
- Puget Sound Energy - PSE - monopoly - can't do a thing
- Puget Sound Energy [PSE] - power outage and advertising for it
- Puget Sound Energy [PSE] - outcome of undergrounding of pse electrical lines in front of my property
- Puget Sound Energy [PSE] - electric/gas billing
- Puget Sound Energy - electric power company, wa state.