Provident FundingTerrible company

Provident Funding sucks! I have been with them for two years. I had trouble with my bill pay and that made my payment late and they would not waive the fee. Any other company would do that as a one time courtesy especially since I have never been late. Now I am having trouble with my mortgage. I am trying to do a loan modification. I turned in the paperwork and they never answer or call back! I hate this company so much. I have dealt with Wells Fargo and Chase and they treat their customers so much better with respect! Please do not go to Provident Funding even if it is your last choose!

An

Comments

• Do
      Apr 01, 2009

I can't agree with you more on this!

It treats its customer so poorly. They charged me $25 fee for the first unsuccessfuly auto-pay due to bank transaction failure, and wouldn't waive that fee. The call rep kept cutting off me without even let me finishing talk.

Provident funding sucks!!!

• La
      Apr 17, 2009

Dea Anna, where did you get the application for loan modification, from Provident? I called so many times, they wont give it to me...that company suck...

• Di
      Jun 27, 2009

This company can't even fund my loan. I'm thinking that may be a blessing in disguise.

Stay away from Provident!

• Ti
      Jul 01, 2009

Yes, they are sucks. We have been with them for two years also. Now we have trouble with our bill, and we try to contact with them many many time. We send all of the file about our salaries, taxes and try to approve for get down the interst. But they denied and said we not enought qualify for that.They said just sit down and waiting they will find another way to help us.
    We are waiting for about 3 moths, and during that time we still try to call them ( everyweek), waiting for an hour but the transfer just the voice mail message only. Today we try to contact them and now we know our house actived forclosure. It' is terrible, and now they denied they didn't say about "Your guy just sitdown and waiting our help". Is it the BIG LIAR???. We don't know what we have to do now. But yes, stay away from Provident Funding.

Jul 27, 2009

I hev been dealing with Provident funding since March 09 . I have explained my hardship of income reduction. I was told they could not help unti I was 32 days behind. I explained I did not want to default and damage my credit. They told me to call back in a week and check if there loan modifcation plan from the government has been activated. I called back and was told to call back again in 6-8 weeks. Still nothing. Now I have no choice but to miss a payment because I am out of options on getting money to pay it. I have owned three homes and this is the first company that doesn't give a crap about it's customers. I've live in this home for almost five years and would hate to lose it.If they keep this up they can have it.I can rent a house alot cheaper than my mortgage. Soor so long, I just had to vent.

• Ti
      Aug 03, 2009

If after reading this you still move forward in dealing with these incompetent, unprofessional, worthless, paper pushers, I'd say your a glutton for headaches and punishment.

Here's a lof of our recent interactions with Provident:

6/1/09 Application for Modification accepted at Provident

6/8/09 I was told application had not been assigned; that it would take a couple of weeks

6/15/09 I was told application had been assigned to someone (can’t find the name). Left him a message.

6/29/09 I was told application had been re-assigned to Michael Proctor. Left message.

7/3/09 Left message for Michael Proctor

7/6/09 Left message for Michael Proctor

7/7/09 Called and complained to the person that answered the phone that Michael Proctor had not responded to my messages. The person said it takes a while. Left message for Michael Proctor

7/13/09 Emailed Michael Proctor requesting a response or a phone call

7/31/09 Left message for Michael Proctor. Told him we needed to hear from him or we would have to make some tough decisions regarding the house.

8/3/09 Asked to speak to a supervisor. Sean said all were in a meeting.

8/3/09- 10:53am

Called Provident spoke to "Shawn" who tranfered me to Scott Messinger's voicemail after asking him to please SPEAK to a Supervisor because we were not getting any calls back from anyone my husband has left messages for since before June.

8/3/09- 10:56am

Called Provident for a second time after being put thru to Scott Messinger's voicemail. I again spoke to "Shawn" and explained that I needed to speak with a "Live Person." Since he told me in our previous phone call that the Supervisors were out of their "meeting" I asked why I'd get someone's voicemail? I reiterated that I desperately needed to speak with a "Live person, now, " and that we have been trying since before June to get ome answers. He placed me on hold and when he came back he let me know that he spoke with a Supervisor who was with another client, but that he was told to send out an email to three other Supervisors so that one could get back with me. I let him know that was unacceptable and that I would hold until someone was available to speak with me. He told me once again that all he do was send that email. I reiterated that I was not getting off of the phone until he transferred me to a live person who could assist me with the matter of my loan. Shawn then said, "Mam, I can either send this email or I can hang up on you."

I told him again that I'd hold for the next available supervisor at which point I was hung up on.

Aug 04, 2009

We have been trying since May to start the process for a loan modification and have been pulled and tugged in every direction possible with all the excuses and NO ONE ever calls back.
    We are now going to file a complaint with the Banking Commision and send an email to our President Obama.

Aug 24, 2009

I received a making home affordable packet from Provident .I filled it out and faxed 40 pages to them. I called 48 hrs later to verify they received the fax, and they did. I just hope that they can modify the loan. My loan is with Freddie Mac and do not have pmi on the loan. All i can do now is wait.

• Bl
      Aug 31, 2009

I've had a loan with Provident since 03/08 and since my income was cut in half over the past couple of years, I tried getting a modification done. .

When I called in April, I was told that I have to be late on my mortgage payments to qualify. I called again in early July and the didn't require that prerequisite, but rather asked me a few questions as to why I think I should be approved for a loan-mod. Then, they sent me the Harship packet, which I filled out entirely and faxed back with my income taxes, paystubs, statement of financial hardship and the income statement I compiled for all my expenses. A few days later, I called to verify that they received my docs and was told that they did get it, and my file is being assigned. Less than two weeks later I called to follow up and was told that I was denied, solely based on my housing ratio--to qualify for the loan mod, it must be 31% of the household income, or higher. So, despite the fact that my property depreciated and I'm making about 40% of what I made 2 years ago, I still don't qualify.

I'm trying to come up with some counter-arguments and hopefully get that decision overturned, but I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Sep 02, 2009

I received a letter in the mail and was also turned down because my gross income is above 31% and they told me I was at 23%. I asked what about my take home pay, car payments, medical bills, utilities, insurance etc. They told me I did not qualify for the making home affordable program. I asked them what am I supposed to do since Iam making substantially less than I was a year ago. They said try making your payments as long as you can. Why should I pay if eventually I'm not going to be able to? Provident Funding could care less. I don't understand why they wanted copies of pay stubs and how much our bill are, if they're not going to include it in the review. I feel they just wasted my time faxing 40 pages for nothing.

• La
      Sep 04, 2009

Does anyone save up for emergencies anymore? Most of these complaints are because people wanted the lender to "modify" the original loans they had... you know, when you signed on the dotted line saying "I promise to pay XX for XX years until it is paid off or you can take my house from me" so many years ago?? Last time I checked, the note and mortgage don't have asterisks saying the lender is obligated to help you out if you lost your job, if you had income cut, or if you bought a house without an adequate emergency fund saved up. Anyone have a real complaint??

Sep 10, 2009

I had an emergency fund set up. Now it is gone. I have been employed at the same business for over 20 years making the same amount of money until a year ago. I never had a credit card with outstanding balance until now. Please don't tell me i'ts all my fault because the economy went down the toilet. I have owned three homes and never had a late fee, payed all my bills on time and had plenty of money left over after paying my bills. Who are you to judge someone because they are in need of assistance because of a huge drop in income ? It must be nice to still make your payments on time! My crystal ball was broke, so I could not tell that my income would go way down.

• Si
      Sep 20, 2009

Please don't blame any of this mess on someone who has worked very hard and has gotten caught up in the mess caused by unscrupulous people and unbelievable greed. Please. My pay was cut by 30% last November and I do not see that changing any time soon. I have tried for 11 months to get a modification with Provident and after all of this time they have just now declined. Of course, I am in foreclosure now because they told me I could not apply for a modification until I was 32 days late. Then after sending in my package, they added wrong (it took them over 30 days to add wrong). I had to point out the mistake to them and then it took Wells Fargo over 35 days to decline saying that it was not warranted for the life of the loan. I agree, so why not be proactive and modify it for 5 years????? duh? Does no one have any brains anymore or are we just still too greedy? Now the clock is ticking and I do believe they intend to just let the clock run out.

Sick to Death

• 8d
      Oct 10, 2009

I see a lot of these complaints are coming from people who know nothing about mortgages. The HAMP program signed by President Obama helps people out by reducing their mortgage payments to 31% of their gross income or more. So if your mortgage payments are already below the 31% then you do not qualify. It has nothing to do with the company; it's the program requirements.

And some people here are acting as though they are entitled to a modification. I agree with Sportsync3 comment; a lot of people don't know what they are getting themselves into so they lose their homes. A lot of the restrictions that are placed are not the lender's policy but the investor's policy (Freddie, Fannie, RFC, ...) that the lender must adhere too. It's too bad that people lose their jobs and there are unexpected issues that come up, but it's not the company's obligation to bail you out because they did not cause your job loss or medical bills etc...

And the end of the day Provident, like any other lender, is a business and businesses have to make money and mitigate their losses.

• Ne
      Oct 10, 2009

nobody is telling them to give us the house for free, we are just asking for a break, a little help until we are back on our feet. The loan modification is a request to reduce the interest rate, so the company is still making money. I have been turned down too. I lived in my house for fifteen years. Provident does not
    care. My house is in foreclosure the selling date is next week, I am about to have a nervous breakdown

Oct 13, 2009

I called for assistance with HOPE .The lady was very helpful. I gave all the information I gave Provident and she told me that I should qualify for the making homes affordable program. We did a three way call with some one named Daniel. He said that Provident Funding figures the gross income by year to date and not by current montly income. Just because the beginning of the year may have been better than the later half, does not mean we can afford the payment now. We were transfered to Chad Coulson who I have left several messages and e-mails . Once again we received his answering machine. To this date I have not received an e-mail or a return phone call from him. No one else will assist because he was the one that did my paper work. I do not want my house for free, I just want a little help while thing are tough. I was told to either pay my mortgage or sell the house. My house is worth half of what I owe. If I were to short sale my home, Provident would get half of what is owed . The remainder would be forgiven with the debt forgiveness act of 2007 so they will be out $120, 000 how stupid is that. All I want is a mortgage I can afford .

• Li
      Oct 14, 2009

We also have had a mortgage with Provident for about 3 years. In May 2009 I called them about possibly lowering our interest rate since we could not refinance due to property value loss. They kept telling me for 3 months that since we were current we would not qualify for any kind of help or modification. Then the first week of August they sent us an application for modification through the Making Home Affordable program. The following day before we even faxed the paperwork back, we received a letter from them denying our application because we were current. We went ahead and faxed the information they asked for and since then have been asked to fax pay stubs and our hardship letter again. When I call them they tell me that they are not required to help anyone and that it is a voluntary program to help homeowners. So where is the help that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac backed mortgage holders are supposed to be able to receive. We didnot purchase a home we could not afford like so many others. We would just like a little help because our income has dropped and expenses have increased due to the current economic situation.

• Je
      Oct 23, 2009

Harley9701 : I am in the same place as you. I was on the phone with Hope and I am doing this 3 way call next week. I know I will get the same answer as you. Freddie Mac HAMP C65 is the "Obama plan" It spells out all the rules. The people at HOPE tell me I qualify as my DTI housing ratio is 36%. I have been working 20 hours OT a week for years. Now after layoffs, my hours are cut to Zero OT. I have struggled the past 5 months and now I am heading to foreclosure. My loss of income happened in April. So, PROVIDENT is like no other > You have a major income loss> they don't care and don't follow HAMP. They look at your Year to Date numbers when they do the math. So the counselers at HOPE will tell you that you qualifiy. This is correct for just about every other lender. They don't realise your hosed until they call Provident and they tell you your Housing DIT is 28% and you don't qualify. Most other lenders will look at your hardship letter, look at your new income and use this to qualifiy you. I called Freddie, and asked them this: If a servicer does not follow your C. 65 plan, and forecloses on a borrower and the house looses 100K on the sale > who is out of pocket? She said Freddie is> Wow >You have no control over how someone inturpets your Plan, and You eat the 100K
    Classic Government. Freddie is owned by us tax payers> they take it in the shorts and Provident washes their hands. Got to love it.
    I was told to catch up on my payments, then in early 2010 when you have a new year to date that removes my 4 months of OT from early 09 > then apply again. Lovely

• Mr
      Oct 28, 2009

Jeff, using year-to-date earning from your paystub is a standard underwriting practice. It would be very subjective to look at current earnings and ignore year-to-date earnings. I am sure if you are able to somehow document your reduction in pay, your servicer would take that into consideration when calculating your income.

My advice to anyone contacting their servicer is the following:

1. Be prepared
    2. Be patient (you are not the only one calling)
    3. Be polite (you will get a lot farther being courteous than being rude and aggressive)
    4. Be honest
    5. Keep good record

Cheers!

• Th
      Oct 29, 2009

From a closing stand point, this company is the absolute worst company I have ever worked with. They do not review the documents required for funding before the closing and then do not inform the parties of any corrections that are needed until 4:30pm the day before the file funds. They then make impossible requirements for people to meet (not sure how we are suppose to get new documents signed from a borrower that is in another city when there is 3 feet of snow on the ground) and then charge a 're-draw' fee of $300 and a 'lock-extension' fee of $1500...sounds like fraud to me!! Their funding guidelines are ridiculous and the people who work for them are so burned out from working in their 'sweatshop' that they are rude and impossible to deal with. I will NEVER obtain financing through them!

• We
      Nov 06, 2009

Try this on for size? We have a Provident Loan in which Freddie Mac is the investor. We have to relocate to another state for medical reasons and therefore had to put our upside down mortgage home up for sale. We sold the house in 4 days with three offers - ALL of them above the appraised value of the home. Provident approved the sale - Freddie Mac would not. Why? Because they wanted SEVEN TIMES the amount of money we had left to our name as an additional cash payout. OR they wanted us to agree to sign on a loan with them for THIRTEEN TIMES that! Needless to say, we refused so they are now denying every single sale offer on our house. So, we have taken the house off the market and letting it foreclose. Why the hell is Freddie Mac doing this??? Do they get some kind of 100% reimbursement from our tax dollars or something if the home forcloses? What gives?

• Mr
      Nov 07, 2009

I am confused how you "sold" your house "with three offers." Maybe you received three offer to purchase your house.

Just because this short sale request was denied, don't give up. I would suggest you cherry pick the best offer since your house has stirred some buyer interest. Your realtor should counter the offer to increase the sales price and bottom line to the investor. Also ask the realtors and closing agent to reduce some of their commission and costs, therefore the bottom line to the investor is increased. Finally, be honest with your finances and how much you can afford to contribute towards the loss. Submit this revised short sale request to your Servicer and hopefully it gets approved by the investor. I wish you the best in relocating and health.

Cheers!

Nov 20, 2009

Well it has finally come down to not being able to pay the mortgage. I was involved in an auto. accident last month and was out of work for over two weeks. I know I will eventually get paid from the insurance company. I called Provident Funding and explained what happened as to why I was unable to make my payment. I was given the run around again . The lady then asked me if I was unable to pay the mortgage or just didn't want to. She transfered me to the hamp dept. I explained the situation again and asked if there was any way for some assistance until I get my back pay from the insurance company. He said You could short sell the house. Freddie Mac will not assist anyone that is current on the mortgage. I will not be able to pay it this month. Unless I am 30 days late they will not help or send a packet. I told them to send the packet because I will not be able to pay it. I will put food on my table first then my other bills .

Dec 12, 2009

Oh My God I do agree!!!They SUCK!!

• Th
      Dec 16, 2009

Provident has been holding my payment until after due date, check was sent 10 days ago and still has not been processed. They charge a late fee of $45 dollars. This is the second month in a row that they have done this to me and Ive never been late before. They are obviously under staffed and sticking it to there customers for it! I had to stop payment on this check and pay a processing fee of $15 dollars to pay by phone today! On top of that they treat you like they don't care and tell you its the post offices fault. I live 1-2 days by mail away and they just happened to process last months payment right after it was considered late.

• Pr
      Dec 23, 2009

Completely agreed. Provident has made zero effort to assist with my situation, both before I was delinquent on my loan (32 days late bs...) and after I've gone delinquent. Fortunately I've got documentation that they are in violation of legislation passed in my state that requires a meeitng to discuss the situation within a designated amount of time from when they receive the modification request package. They did not respond within that time, are out of compliance, and have been requested to cancel the foreclosure proceedings immediatley. Will update if ithis is successful, my atty is confident that the letter of the law will be upheld. Check your own department of finance . securities in your state and get informed to see if they screwed up in your state too!

• Vi
      Dec 28, 2009

I don't think anyone is asking Provident to give them a home for free; my complaint is that I've been making calls, making arrangements to pay and each time I talk with a rep I get a different story, then/now resulting in foreclosure. I called to make a payment as promised, then they said I had to make two payments. I was $100 from being able to make 2 payments. Michael Proctor said as long as I call back before the end of the month and make those two payment that we would be okay. I asked him to confirm that, because a third month would now be due. He confirmed that I would not be asked for the current month, as long as I pay the 2. Well I called to make the two and they refused it and said it went to foreclosure. This is the practice I'm complaining about. They need to be held accountable for what their telling people. This is not a game and they treat it as a game. What resolution do I have now after they mislead me? My word against theirs...any rep can lie. I don't understand this mentality, I've stayed in communications. They also said they've sent letters and stuff. I never got any. But I can go online to their website and it says letters sent. What do I do if I didn't get them...since their reps lie, do I assume they really didn't send letters. Either way, doesn't look like I have a leg to stand on. I would never recommend Provident Funding. If they cannot be honest, then you cannot trust them.

• Hf
      Jan 15, 2010

I have had the same issues as everyone with Provident Funding. They are supposed to be modifying our loan, and cant find the paperwork, never return phone calls, and they have no idea what they are doing. I have been doing this with them for a year, and nothing has changed. They assign it, and then that person doesnt answer his phone or return calls. I still get dunning calls from them every day to call back, and when I do they tell me to ignore the calls, I am modification status - but then no one knows if and when the modification will actually be done. It is an awful company and I am beyond frustration with them. Meanwhile, we may lose our house due to their inefficiency and inability to get anything done.

• Mi
      Feb 05, 2010

I have just finished with Michael Scott who has not changed his voicemail in over a year. It say's he's out of the office Feb 2009. I have 400 thousand dollars of equity and was sick with Cronic gout for 15 months and missed all my payments.
    I have a 15 year loan that if converted to a 30 would be easy to afford . You guessed it they did not approve anything and had a sale date of Feb 4th I was forced to file 13 to save the 400 thousand they were going to steal from me. I even offered the title to my 300 thousand dollar home that is paid in full and Michael Laughed at me and said what are we going to do with that.
    We want the money. Bottom line they do not modify anything and at the 11th hour bam you are on the street.
    I even have a son that is special needs who would have been homeless and they cared 0. I am now working 3 jobs to make the money of 1 and will never lose this house to those sick people.

Chapter 13 stops forclosure if you have no choice

• Ss
      Feb 19, 2010

They are the worst company ever. I am an agent working for my best friend, she has tried to work with them, Tried to do a loan modification they wouldnt work with her, hired and attorney and Hired me to short sell the house. I have offers and they just say its too BAD we want your house. They will not work with valid offers to get their moneys. I can not believe what I am hearing. We work with banks all the time for a win win situation and this should be a crime, and I wish there was a way for the government to get involved with this company. These people are in need because their employer cut their income 50%. This is no fault of the consumer, its the fault of a failed system. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY EVER... I bet soon there will be a class action law suit...They are that unethical and that bad...Sorry to hear all your sad stories out there. This is not the Norm...

• St
      Feb 20, 2010

My name is Steven K Craig and I am a published author. While finishing up my latest novel, I’m beginning the next. This next book entitled “Mortgage Lenders-Destroying America” is an expose’ on Provident Funding with my personal dealings with them in order to save my home. I’ve read story after story from other homeowners who have been treated so wrongly by this company. I’m seeking these other homeowners who have had their lives destroyed by Provident Funding and their unethical policies. Also looking for anyone else with a story concerning Provident, (i.e. Brokers, ex employees, etc.) Do you want your story told? Seeking some sort of justice? Now’s your chance to be heard! Send me your story for possible inclusion in the book. Please have documents to back up any claims against Provident Funding Associates. Keeping quiet is what will allow these companies to continue “Destroying America”, speak up and be part of the revolution. Freedom Of Speech, Freedom Of Press! Most forums will not allow me to include a link to the anti-Provident website so search ProvidentFunding (dot) info. www.providentfunding.info

EWS,
    This company is realy bad, has no cusomer service orintaion. They treat their customers very badly. You could never get any one who is welling to help. I want buisness some where else.

Mar 12, 2010

big time scrowed up company no customer service what so every...they suck

Mar 12, 2010

Provident is useless. They never reply to emails and never answer the phone. If you open a case number, you'll be lucky for them to even look at it. Provident seems to run a pretty unethical operation."
    " I was considering using Provident because of their pricing. However, after reading all the negative feedback about the company I will not waste my time filling out a broker package, or my client’s time, with a company that operates with such disregard."
    "I hate them. I'd love to know if anyone knows someone with an actual brain and some authority that I can talk to at Provident. This is unacceptable to me. I'm so disgusted."
    " Provident Funding is terrible.. simply put. I have been in the mortgage business for over 20 years and have never come across any company that finds reasons like Provident to condition your lock out of date and deny loans. Save yourself the hassle and place the loan with another lender.

go to see more about is www.providentfunding.info

• Wo
      May 19, 2010

I had a similiar dealing with Provident last year. I was behind 2 payments, going into the third, when I received a preforclosure notice from them. It said that I must pay the 3 months plus legal fees for a total of $11, 000 within 30 days or MY HOME would be forclosed. My house payment is $1700.00/month. My business was a little slow those few months but I called PF and advised them that I had the money for the 2 months I could pay today. They would not accept those payments - said it was to late - must pay the third month plus the legal fees - otherwise forclosure!!! I couldnt believe it. Only after 2 payments! So I borrowed on a credit card to pay the HUGE legal fees! With that I ended up getting myself further in debt with my credit cards. I still have my HOME thank goodness~ I think it is a shame that this is happening to me and I have NO doubt to many others! Why would they ask for those HUGE fees when just by the fact you are behind in your house payment they think you have EXTRA MONEY to pay for the legal fees.!!!
    Something must be done ~ CLASS ACTION NOW!

• Vi
      Jun 23, 2010

I've responded earlier in regards to Provident Funding and everything I've said seems to be right on target with whatever one else is saying. I do want to ad that when I submitted my paperwork for a modified loan, I called them after I faxed the papers and they verified recent. After nearly 4 months later, I contacted them again and they said they never received anything. They are so misleading and I don't like calling people liars, but these reps are bald face liars! Luckily I was able to get my home out of foreclosure, unfortunately I've been unable to sell. I was so hoping to sell so I don't have to deal with them.

Someone said you were writing a book and you welcomed stories, but I don't see how to contact you? Can you post?

• Kg
      Jul 22, 2010

They are horrible...
    Mailed house payment on 7-7-10, they waited to post it until 7-19-10, therefore, you guessed it they charged my account a late charge of $40. There is no way in the world this pymt took that many days to get from AZ to CA. For the last 3 1/2 yrs, I have never been late and have even mailed it as late as the 12th of the month and it's always been received before the 16th of the month. THEY REFUSE TO LOOK AT MY HISTORY AND WAIVE THE LATE CHARGE THIS ONE TIME EVEN THOUGH IT WAS NOT MY FAULT! Spoke with 3 customer service reps and left a message on supervisor's phone (he just called back today). I've worked in customer service all my life and could understand not waiving a late fee for someone who has been late before, but to not even have compassion. His response was "show me proof you weren't late". The only proof I have is the date of the check, I mailed it the same day from the post office. I wish I had the money to refinance. I hate this company and the attitudes of their people. What is really shocking is the pattern that seems to be going on here, sounds like there have been several people being charged late charges when they are not late. KARMA BITES HARD!!!

• Yc
      Jul 27, 2010

I have had my mortgage for over 10 years. When I lost my job 4 years ago, I asked for a short sale or deed in lieu of foreclosure. I was told that they wouldn't cooperate with me in either instance and if I went ahead with the foreclosure procedure, they would come after me for every cent they could eek out of me (shortage, late fees, processing fees, and any other kind of fee he could figure out to charge me). 4 years later, I have lost an average of $6, 000 per year trying to rent the property, I work 12 hours a day in order to be able to make my payments. I'm a 61 year old woman and can't keep up the pace anymore. I called again yesterday and informed them of my plight. He told me to check into a short sale again. I informed him that I had already done that and that no realtor would touch a listing for a condo. The man I talked to only said he'd mail me the papers to fill out for a deed in lieu of. I wanted to talk about another agreement to keep them from coming after me for the shortage but the man refused to talk to me. He told me nobody could talk to me until after the papers were filed with them and a decision was made whether or not to allow the deed. I'll bet they come after me just like he threatened 4 years ago.

• Fo
      Aug 08, 2010

Quicken Loans 'sold' my loan to Provident Funding in 2006. When enquired about Federal programs for assistance to home owners, they simply stated they do not participate in them, and told me in no uncertain terms that I am on my own. (My property, like most other properties, is severely underwater). All I am looking for is a rate change!! I am just thinking of walking away, and sticking it to this damn lender... It is heartbreaking to see greedy corporate raiders like Craig Pica taking undue advantage of American public, and yet, the American Governemnt just stands by witnessing the massacre!

• Sh
      Aug 21, 2010

A year ago I was calling Provident every month to get a loan modification. I had two surgeries and my pay was cut too. Every month they said I was on the "waiting list " and someone would call me. NEVER HAPPENED. I lived through it and used some savings.
    Now I want a stremline loan and they won't help me at all saying my house isn't at the proper value ratio. I am working at the same job for 9 years, make a good salary, credit score in the 800's and never missed a payment in my life! I just need a LOWER interest rate to get through these times. They won't help at all. My house is not underwater according to 2 other lenders but it doesn't have the 20% equity (only by computer software & no real appraisal has been done). I have an apartment addtion on my house which no one else has in my neighborhood. The comps just don't match in the computer. But they still won't listen or help.

So much for doing everything right and being financially repsonsible! No one wants to help at Provident when you need it! They really do suck. Why not drain every once of money from people while they can, and then ruin your credit when you can no longer keep up!