Protection One / Stay Away From Protection One Alarms

I signed a 3 year contract so I thought. I've had them for over 5 years now.I'm paying over $30.00 a month which included the insurance plan. So I have a problem with 2 parts in my system and go online to speak with them, and was told that parts are not included with the insurance. They could bill me for the part and send it to me. I've wasted hundreds of dollars on the insurance. I call the call center and was lied to again, until I get the supervisor who told me that the other two ladies were incorrect. Now she says they can send me the part and they have changed their policy again a couple of months ago to include the main system battery. Of course us customers never get anything in writing when they change their policies. Must be nice, that they don't have to inform us of changes. She tried to give me the run around thinking I was stupid. Now I want to cancel my service and it's like pulling teeth. They asked me did I read the SMALL PRINT that says I'm still under a contract. That I only have a small window to cancel my contract when it renews each year. I hope the rest of you read this. She also told me that she would review my contract and maybe even come out after I cancel and rip the system out. WOW!!

Stay far, far away from Protection one and read the small print.

Email me at xgamark20x@aol.com if you have any questions.

Thank God for Lawyers!

Comments

27th of May, 2009

Update

I went ahead and canceled my service and paid the $100 early fee, even though I only had a few more months left on my contract.

I spoke with Karen at the home office and she told me that she would just charge me 100 and I could be done with them. I paid 2 more months andthen $100, because I had to mail something to them 2 times, before they said they got it.

Now they want to come to my home and rip out the system and it says in the contract that they are not responsable for any damage they may cause.

When you goto their website and do the live chat now and ask them if you will own the system after the contract is up, Melissa Dietz will tell you yes, even if it is not true. My rep told me that I would own it also.
    SO after a total of 8+ years and 2 different homes, this is the thanks that I get.

Read everything before you sign with them, if you do decided to go with them.

The emails that I got from them, told me that after the 100 they would be done with me and you can't go by what they tell you.