Proactiv / attempt to return unopened product

MD, United States Review updated:

The "guaranteed refund" is a farce.

I purchased the product from a kiosk at Lakeforest Mall in Gaithersburg, Md. When I looked the box, it turned out that the product has benzoyl peroxide, which I cannot use. I called Proactiv for a refund. They said I had to call the kiosk owner. I had to go back to the mall to get the phone number off the kiosk. The kiosk owner said they would not give a refund because it was over 60 days, even though the product was unopened. I also called Proactiv, who also refused to give a refund.

Jm

Comments

• Di
      Feb 14, 2010

should have read the receipt

• Jm
      Feb 24, 2010

Clarification: The product was bought from a vending machine. "Reading the receipt" would not have made a difference. The receipt did not have contact information for the vending machine owner. To my knowledge, the vendor was ProActiv, not the vending machine owner.

It's the same as if you bought a bottle of Coke from a machine on an out-of-state trip? If it turned out that the bottle had mold in it, so you could not drink it, would you expect to make another trip out-of-state to track down the vending machine owner? Or would you expect the Coca-Cola company to fix the problem?

• Ab
      Apr 06, 2011
    Proactive - product/ customer service
    Proactive
    Nevada

My son tried Proactive for about a year and it didn't help very much. I was told to be patient, and I was, however, a year is a very long time not to see results.
    I started noticing that the info comercials have only older people on them, no adolescents. They do not show it working for teens with hormonal imbalances, and major acne.
    Proactive knew I was buying it for my 13 year old son, and said it was perfect to start using it when a teen. IT DID NOT WORK!!! And then they would not take back my last shipment that I did not want. They said it was against their policy to help me out. I even talked to a supervisors, supervisor. Unless they were just saying I was.
    I do not trust them and will never buy anything from Guthy Renker again!

• Gi
      Apr 19, 2012
    proactiv.com. - proactiv.com.
    proactiv.com
    abq
    New Mexico

This is a long problem with https://www.proactiv.com. I ordered $99 purchase gift for a friend and then https://www.proactiv.com continued to charge me for another 3-month supply order three months after my first order using my account with them on my Master card. I talk to my credit card to get my money back, but I could never get anything back. Now https://www.proactiv.com sent me to a collection center to collect $99. Hope that all people out there read this and stop buying their stupid product as a gift.

• Dl
      Nov 28, 2012
    Proactive Clreanser - underweight bottles
    1125 Cheyenne Dr
    Indian Harbour Bch
    Florida
    Phone: 321-432-6398

We have had trouble with the way your company handles the financial aspects of payments. We pay and yet get at least 2 late notices. I can prove when my bank checks are delivered, and NO other people I pay online have such a problem, so that leads me to gather that it must be on your end. For example my bank says payment was received on Sept 28...yet you did not process it until Oct 29..? why the month long drag in time, while we are getting late notice after late notice.
    2) My wife just spoke with a guy named Charlie. He sold her 4 4oz bottles of cleanser which was 51.80...now shipping was 7. 79.
    She had a code from an email139638 which will give 20$ off of a 40$ order. The total then with shipping was to be $37.79. I just looked up my bank statement and see a charge for 59.79...can somebody please explain the difference? why would you have promotional discount codes but the discounts are not applied? We called again and got 2 more explanations as to why that happened...what are we to believe. I always go to what can't lie, the numbers...as it stands the charge is 59 dollars not the 37 it should be. Our acct # is040593170. We have been customers for over 10 years. I can tell you that as a business person myself, I would stay away from business practices like these. You have a very good product that works but maybe it is time to re-tool the business strategy. It is not building good trustful consumer relations when you tell someone they will be charged x amount, then when they see their actual charge it is much higher than expected, and we have to wait to get back money you were not supposed to take in the first place. I would like to talk to the CEO or CFO sometime tomorrow., to see if we can come to a lasting comfortable, equitable solution to this constant trouble. We have to say we love the product but your service to loyal and long time customers such as us is terrible. We were actually told to just order when the specials come out on the internet... After over ten years of faithful patronage to your company you would think we would get some kind of little perk as a small "thank you" for our loyalty and confidence in your product...To me it is not good to give a customer any type of bad service. Good customers are hard to find...even harder to keep, but well worth it in the long term. We don't want to wander, we would like to stay loyal but I would like to speak with someone about this. My cell is 321-432-6398 (Dave Livelli) you can call me anytime after 4 pm tomorrow night. I apologize for feeling the need to bring this to you but I thought it is something you should be aware of and hopefully deal with and correct.
    Dave Livelli

• Pr
      Jul 22, 2016
    Proactiv - Charges for returned products & unable to unsubscribe
    Proactiv
    Tucson
    Arizona

I have called Proactive customer service six time in an attempt to cancel my subscription. After the first time I called to cancel I received another package and was told it had already been ordered to be shipped to me. This package was returned unopened within days of delivery and after a while I was told my account was zero. This was several months ago!
    Two months ago out of the blue I received another package! This package was again returned. Yesterday I received a past due notice for $98.84!
    I recommend if want to try this product buy it a Kiosk at the mall, I am having a tough time canceling my subscription and discovered many complaints of Proactiv sending customers to collection agencies. DO customers have any recourse?