Proactiv / customer service

Des Moines, United States Review updated:

I had an account with proactiv for about a year. Last july, I canceled that account. I was canceling the card that I had the proactive on. The proactiv rep notified me that I still had a $39 balance on my account. I said no problem... Take the $39 from another account here's the number. Ok great. Thanks for dealing with proactiv...7 months later. I get a letter from a collection agency saying that I owed proactiv $39. I called them and said I canceled my account last year now it's in collections. I gave you a card number to put the $39 balance on. Why didn't you take the money out... Barely apologetically, the rep says "oh yes we do have the new card number on here... Sorry"... Sorry? You were going to ruin my credit over $39 that I tried to pay for but you just decided not to take the money out? Sorry will not cut it. I was highly upset and told them I shouldn't have to pay them the $39 now because it was there mistake which almost damaged my credit. Of course he didn't have the authority to do that. I asked to speak to a manager and he said he couldn't guarantee that they were available. I was too through at this point and just wanted to be done so I said take the money out of the account and never send another piece of mail to my house. I am livid. I'm going to call every single day until I get a manager and find out why, had they been taking the money out of my account for over a year, but refused to take the final payment out, but instead put me in collections. I am disgusted.

De
Feb 13, 2015

Comments

• Le
      8th of Jun, 2010
    ProActiv - I am disgusted with their customer service
    Proactiv
    proactiv.com

I called to say I was out of some of the product and that it wasn't working. The woman suggested I try the new Proactiv e and two months later I got the box and the bill. I called the company and they pretty much said tough, you can send it back but your paying the shipping both ways and you better get roof of shipment or we won't believe you. I am disgusted with their customer service!

• Go
      22nd of Jul, 2010
    ProActiv - Unauthorized credit card charge!
    Proactiv
    Canada

Purchased a product only once, but Proactiv charged the credit card multiple times after that without consent!!!

Fortunately the credit card company was informed in time and the extra charges were cancelled. However, we'll never buy anything from Proactiv again

• Ca
      22nd of Jul, 2010

Purchase your ProActiv products on eBay - its hassle free and you can purchase those items you really want- this pretty much goes for any infomercial product.

• As
      18th of Aug, 2010

same thing happened to me :-(

• Hb
      1st of Nov, 2010

I ordered my proactiv in mid-june of this year, tried it out, it made my skin waaay worse, so I talked to a rep on the phone who told me to send it back. So I sent it back mid July (WELL under the 60 day money back guarantee), and was told not to contact them before about a month and a half as that is how long it would take for them to process the return. Well 2 months goes by, I email to find out where my refund is, and they claim they never received it at their warehouse, so it was "too late" for me to return my product (that I obviously didn't even have since I RETURNED it). So of course I am really ticked off that I wasted $10 shipping it back, and never got my money. Well just the other day I came across my receipt from sending it back. It even had the postal code of the place in Mississauga where returns are sent. So I tracked the package online and it turns out they DID receive the package on July 28. And a D. McLean even SIGNED for it!!! So they LIED about receiving the package, so I emailed them and attached the receipt and the delivery notice from canadapost.com, evidence that should definitely prove that I sent it back. And they STILL refuse to refund me!! Bunch of friggin crooks!!!

• In
      9th of Feb, 2011

Could have been that the package was well on it's way already, the payment comes out of the account before the shipment is recieved. You should call right away anytime someone/company takes out money from your account that you feel is unathorized. Did you specify that you didn't want to try the new formula? Sometimes they will send out a sample for you to try so that way you don't lose your member benefits if it does work for you, so they "freeze" the account and if you don't call back and let them know you don't want it, they will ship it out to you. Not because they want to "scam" you but because acne is an ongoing thing and after the postponement is done with, it auto ships from the system. It is your responsibility as to what happens to your account.
    The reason for the whole "not believing about the return" is just so that there is proof to protect yourself and the company. You should get proof of shipment when you send out anything to anyone. As far as them being rude, well who knows about that... unless you were rude as well. That can go both ways.

• Ro
      16th of May, 2011
    ProActiv - Card Charged twice
    proactiv
    Mexico
    proactiv.com

In Apr-28 2011 I ordered proactiv kit, my card was charged $ 69.99 in May-02 for this order, today I received my bank monthly statement and for my surprise I found that my card was charged again $ 69.99 in May-04

I didn't order a second kit. Buyers beware.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!

13th of Jun, 2011
    ProActiv - Scam/ unclear charges

The billing process in unclear and I was charged for much more than I wanted. Getting out of this billing cycle is difficult. Customer services is extremely rude.

• De
      19th of Jun, 2013
    ProActiv - cancelled
    PROACTIV
    Quakertown
    Pennsylvania

Cancelled for PROACTIV. Cancelled for money 5/7/2013. $45.93 for debit.
    Daughter telephone PROACTIV. Three month credit me.

• Th
      12th of Jul, 2013
    ProActiv - fraudulent charges
    proactiv
    Des Moines
    Iowa
    Phone: 18002356050

Contact them fraudulent charge said they take care and cancel. They did not . To top off wouldnt give me shipping address so I can press charges