Priceline.com / charged $82.15 in fees on $100 car rental

online at Priceline.comHillsboro, United States Review updated:

I rented a car through Priceline.com and was ripped off with extremely excessive fees. $82.15 on a $100 total auto rental. Their website asked if I wanted to rent a subcompact at $18 / day or a midsized at $20 / day, or full sized at $23 / day, etc.
I picked the midsized at $20 / day for 5 days and the bill was for $182.15 - What it can't be??? I called priceline.com and they said that I had agreed to their terms and the $82.15 was for taxes and fees. No, it did NOT include damage waiver, insurance, age additions (I am 52) or any legitimate charge.

$82.15 fees on a $100 car rental ! ! !

Typically taxes and fees should not have been more than $15 to $25.

Priceline.com ripped me off and I will NEVER use them again.

Comments

Ge
  25th of Jul, 2014
I bid on a full-sized car through Priceline for $65/day, which seemed steep but there was a Mormon event in Salt Lake City at that time so I agreed to that price for 4 days. Imagine my surprise when the bid came back at a cost of $384.70 for 4 days ("taxes and fees" undisclosed ahead of the bid) rather than $260; it was $124.70 over the supposed "Best Price Guarantee". If Priceline had revealed the true price, $96.175/day, before the bid there is no way I would have rented from them. I phoned them and was told by 2 people that the $124.70 could not be refunded. I call it deception and fraud.
Qu
  7th of Feb, 2015
Are you surprised? Priceline.com is a Mormon company. MORMONS lie, Steal, cheat, etc. They LOVE money and will do whatever it takes to get it - even illegally. They are cult of white collar crimesters. Looks like they ripped off one of their own.

Priceline.com Logo Priceline.com