Priceline / non refundable/nontransferrable

1 Milton, FL, United States Review updated:

"Barbara Moseley" <badhabit11261@yahoo.com>
To:
comments@justicejunction.com
My son is in the army, at Fort Drum, NY. He and his wife were going to Texas for the hoildays and to meet his in-laws. I bought a ticket for him to return to New York, he is being deployed January 4, 2009. His commanding officer informed them 12-03-08, that the Army will not let them travel that close to deployment. I called Priceline to cancel the ticket and after two hours of going back and forth between Priceline and the airlines, I was told "If you had called to cancel within twenty four hours, we could have refunded your ticket price." My reply, " How can I call within 24 hrs. when my son just found this out today." I bought the ticket on Nov. 27, 08, and I called Dec. 3, 08 to try and get a refund.
Now, I can not transfer it to my daughter, can't get a refund, but they will hold it open for a year: $150. to change the travel plans, $30. fee for Priceline to do this and any amount if the price of ticket has gone up. Considering my son will be out of country for at least a year, so I just paid for a $336.00 tip to Priceline. How can this be, rip off supreme. Oh, and on top of all this, I was finally informed, if I had purchased the travel insurance, I might have gotten a refund. How stupid does this make me feel?! I will not ever use Priceline again.! So my question is, what can be done about this and others I have read on the complaint board? All similar stories of beiong RIPPED OFF?!??!! And like the other complaints, customer service is a big, fat, joke: and not a funny joke at that!!

Barbara Moseley

Ba

Comments

• Gl
      5th of Aug, 2009

priceline book me a room that was for older people. No view nothing for kids and why to far from the beach. They wouldnt upgrade or refund my money.I did not stay in the rooms they book for me. I will never use priceline again...Price line is a big rip off and scams people.