Priceline / non refundable/nontransferrable
"Barbara Moseley" <email@example.com>
My son is in the army, at Fort Drum, NY. He and his wife were going to Texas for the hoildays and to meet his in-laws. I bought a ticket for him to return to New York, he is being deployed January 4, 2009. His commanding officer informed them 12-03-08, that the Army will not let them travel that close to deployment. I called Priceline to cancel the ticket and after two hours of going back and forth between Priceline and the airlines, I was told "If you had called to cancel within twenty four hours, we could have refunded your ticket price." My reply, " How can I call within 24 hrs. when my son just found this out today." I bought the ticket on Nov. 27, 08, and I called Dec. 3, 08 to try and get a refund.
Now, I can not transfer it to my daughter, can't get a refund, but they will hold it open for a year: $150. to change the travel plans, $30. fee for Priceline to do this and any amount if the price of ticket has gone up. Considering my son will be out of country for at least a year, so I just paid for a $336.00 tip to Priceline. How can this be, rip off supreme. Oh, and on top of all this, I was finally informed, if I had purchased the travel insurance, I might have gotten a refund. How stupid does this make me feel?! I will not ever use Priceline again.! So my question is, what can be done about this and others I have read on the complaint board? All similar stories of beiong RIPPED OFF?!??!! And like the other complaints, customer service is a big, fat, joke: and not a funny joke at that!!
More Priceline Complaints & Reviews
- priceline.com - fraud and scam 
- Travelweb/priceline - refusal to acknowlege cancellation confirmation number 
- priceline.com - unauthorized charges 
- priceline.com - do not take cdw for car rental
- priceline.com - liars and cheaters 
- priceline.com - mckinley grand hotel july 13-15, 2018 noise complaints
- priceline.com - many issues
- priceline.com - air ticket refund
- priceline.com - car rental
- priceline.com - hotel room