Prevention Magazine / Don't use a credit card for their magazine!

I subscribed to Prevention Magazine of which I used a credit card to pay for it. Shortly after that the credit card number changed (a whole different story). When the renewal came due, I got a notice from Prevention that my credit card number was no good now and they need me to give them a different credit card number. I called them and told them that I was not interested in renewing. I continued to get multiple notices from them saying I owed for the renewal. I thought they just were slow at getting my subscription stopped. Instead, I got a nasty collection letter from a collection agency for the amount of 2 years of Prevention Magazine!! All because they could not force me to automatically renew for their magazine. This is not a reputable business!!!

De

Comments

• Du
      5th of Feb, 2008

Hi
    I really can’t comment on your magazine, because I've never read it. I've googled it and it seem like good reading for women. I; however, am of the male gender. I do not want this subscription. There is some mistake. In these days of internet tomfoolery I'm painfully aware of these mistakes being made. Could someone please fix this problem PLEASE expunge this account.

Acc. No. PVN 1666524853

Duane
    P.S I thought the 666 was kind of cute.

• Mc
      13th of Feb, 2011

I just got a nasty collection letter in the mail from Vincent Maretti at Prevention, demanding I renew my subscription. Thing is, I do not have nor have I ever had a subscription to their [censor] magazine.