Preferred Homecare / Not being truthful

1 Mesa, AZ, United States Review updated:

I recieved a oxygen unit from this company due to a sleeping disorder. When the technician delivered the unit, I was in bed sick. I advised the technician that I would be recieving a medical retirement at the end of the month and my insurance coverage would expire. The technician said don't worry your equipment is already paid in full. she then handed me a reciept which indicated a zero balance with zero balance on all the attachments to the unit.(I still have the receipt). Approximately 11 months later, I receive a bill for over $2, 700.00 from prefereed Homecare. I called and spoke to a female representative. I was told not to worry, the bill was submitted wrong. I received a second bill for the same amount one month later. When I called this time, I was told that my insurance expired and I owed the amount billed. When I explained that I have a receipt with a zero balance, I was told that Preferred Homecare does not disclose prices to the customer on billing receipts, they write zero balance on all the delivery receipts. They did lower the bill to $1000.00 dollars and told me if I did not pay this amount they would ruin my credit. This company should be prosecuted for mail fraud. I would recommend that customers should be aware of Preferred Homecares unethical practices, especially the sickly people who can't read the fine print on the company delivery receipts. They will take advantage of you, Preferred Home Ripp Off Company. One of the billing supervisors Alexis was very nice and helpful, her is another story.

Va

Comments

• Ba
      6th of May, 2009

I totally agree. I was using an O2 Concentrator From Apria Healthcare
    with no co-pay. They accepted Insurance Co payment as in full.
    Health Plan Nevada ( a Serria / United company ) sends a letter
    that Preferred Homecare will take over and it will be transparent.
    .Three weeks later I get a bill for $70.32 . I call to check this out
    70.32 each month “Yes it is” I tell them I can buy a newer model
    for 735.00 Their answer was “ So! “ I call Apria back how much life
    dose this machine have ? They told me it should last 10 years a my
    current usage. How Much $ It cost me 200.00 and they thru in 3
    sets of filters and if I have any trouble just give them a call
    What GREAT service. Preferred Homecare can Kiss Me Where
    The Sun Don’t Shine.. LC in Las Vegas, NV

• Tt
      6th of Jun, 2009
    Preferred Homecare - Multiple billings
    Preferred Homecare

Preferred Homecare continuously bills each month for items that are paid in full. Contacting customer servfice gets a professional and polite person explaining that the bills are in error, that it must be a glitch in their accounting system, and that the balance is indeed zero. But the bills keep coming in. I have called three times, faxed, and written...but the bills never stop. I beleive they are intentionally targeting older persons who may be afraid to question or contest bills.

If you have also experienced this problem, please write to the Attorney General and the Insurance Commissioner of Arizona.

• Ra
      24th of May, 2010

And so, I alos have been and I still am having problems with this total incompetent pitiful
    excuse for Medical Oxygen Equipment Provider and with Mercy Care Advantage HMO and
    I am on 24/7 with mutliple serious life threatening disabilties, and had to fight them every
    since these Preferred Home Care Rip Off Artist Incompetents took over from Apria and this
    phony incompetent Preferred Homecare sent me out FOUR Defective Oxygen Concentrator
    and has Ilegally Denied Me Badly Need New Oxygen Tubing for Several Months or they
    send out the Wrong Type of Nasal Cannulas and Supply Lines and their So-called Customer
    Service is even worst then Apria and are rude, totally incompetent and arrogant as is my
    own pathetic equally poor Mercy Care Advantage Plan in handling this matter. I will file
    Medicare Fraud Complaints against both Preferred Home Care and I talked to a Lawyer
    that told me to sue both of them for huge damages! The BBB in Phoenix has had 16 or 18
    complaints against Preferred Homecare as well!!! So I urge all of you that are having or have had problems with Preferred Homecare and/0r Mercy Care Advantage to file every
    possible Grieveance, and Medicare Fraud Complaints and Sue Them! They Need to be put out
    of business here and now before their greed and incompetence kills someone!!!

• Na
      26th of Sep, 2010

This is a terrible company. Don't ever use the one in Mesa, AZ. The customer service manager is a witch!!!

• Ra
      26th of Sep, 2010

Thank you Nancyiii and Bam Boozled for confirming the arrogance and total incompetence
    of Preferred Homecare and I hope others will join us in this complaint as Preferred Homecare
    needs to driven out of business and every HMO and Medicare Advantage Plan, including
    my own Mercy Care Advantage need s to drop these incompetent, arrogant rip off artists
    immediately and do so before people die from the Incompetence of Preferred Homecare!

• El
      29th of Apr, 2011
    Preferred Homecare - service
    Preferred Homecare
    Mesa
    Arizona
    preferredhomecare.com

This company is the worst to deal with. My wife had a stroke at the age of 29 y/o. I have been only able to deal with preferred because of our insurance. They never return phone calls. It is almost impossible to reach anyone there as well. Just to order a small part I have been waiting for over 4 months. Excuse after excuse. PLEASE do your self a favor and don't waste your time on this waste of a company. Every time I deal with them it is the same story...

• Ro
      28th of Apr, 2016

rEMO j lALLI CUST NO. CH644. THE CONCENTRATOR WAS SEND A WARNING LOUD LOUD SOUND. We shut it off several times and it still had that warning sound. At 10;45 I called preferred and the man said someone would be here in 20min. A guy called and said he couldn't come because phc wouldn't allow it WHAT it's oxygen. I will look for an alternative to not have this happen. And the answering man said he'd send a report and at 11:00 am no one called. An answer to my complaint is expected.
    Roseann Lalli