Portrait Innovations / poor employer

Extremely poor management. Tells employees they will make 30, 000$/yr when in reality you will not even come close. Claimes they have medical benefits for thier employee, in which they do not. Claim that a dollar raise will be given after 90 days training in which it never was. Gives vacation time, but does not allow you to take it. Uses your vacation time for you whenever they want to. Gave a two week notice like a good employee should and was told normally they fire you on the spot for quitting, but they needed the help so they are just going to tell corporate office that I just didn't show up after the two weeks. Horrible customer service as corporate forces overbooking appointments. Sets sales goals at unreachable ranges so the "bonus" they talk about all year is never recieved.

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Lo
      5th of Feb, 2011

I was told on the phone when offered the job that the position paid $30, 000 per yr (I asked directly how much it paid). Found out in paperwork, after I had already quit my previous job and had already started at PI that I would only be making $12.00 per hr. Shady. I also filled out paper work for insurance that did not exist. I would get a few extra dollars added to my check after 90 days, but not enough to even buy separate insurance. Was told I would be working 40 hrs a week when hired, but didn't until the blackout period came along (hired for FT).

Told I needed a high sales average if I wanted to keep my job, but was hardly allowed to have customers. Only the employees who always sell high were allowed to sales. How is a person to get sales if they only work with one to two customers a day and work only 15 to 20 hrs a week?

During blackout (Christmas season) I did get more hours. I would work 14 to 15 hrs a day with only one day off. Then, my one day off was taken from me, so now I did not have any days off. When working those 14 to 15 hrs a day I would get one 30 minute lunch break (absolutely no bathroom breaks! My co-workers and I would get in trouble for even going to the bathroom!) and ended up work through those lunches sometime if my help was needed. (We were fully staffed by the way) Once I started work at 7:30 a.m. and did not get a break until after 7:00 p.m. (Illegal) That day I worked until almost 12:00 a.m. and had to be back the next day at 7:00 a.m.

The company does over book, making it impossible to keep appointments on time. Employees get frustrated and stressed. Customers get angry and many walk out. They do tell employees that their job was not customer service, only sales, but seriously? I have pride in my work no matter what it is and once I found out what PI was really about I quit. I know companies are meant to make money, but have some professional integrity please.

I have worked in retail sales for over eight years and I have never come across a company that treats its employees and customers with such disrespect. When I worked there I felt like a sleazy car sales man from a bad movie or a snake oil sales man. Employees are trained to trick and manipulate customers and customers are usually left feeling disappointed about the company. PI may have enough capital right now to open new stores, but eventually the bad name they are creating for themselves from both employees and customers will eventually catch up with them, especially when they conduct illegal work practices regarding their employees.

I apologize for this post being so long.

• Do
      24th of Jan, 2011

The thing is the had health care reimbursement which is where they give you 90percent of what the arte would be for sex and age. Vacation days and this is in writing when you accepted the position is you get 10 P.T.O. (Paid Time Off) and those can be used on a first come first serve basis and as long as it isn't during Blackout Season i.e Christmas, Easter, Mother and Father's Day. And you can earn 30, 000 a year if u do your job and do it well. It's no on'es fault but your own.

• Po
      16th of Dec, 2010

Did you get those promises in writing?