Plumbingsupply.com / Plumbing Supply simply refuses to take responsibility for its mistake and want to charge me for its error

US Review updated:

I ordered a replacement flush valve for an old Elger. The model was Murray. I entered the required information into the order forms on the website, and Plumbing Supply sent me the wrong valve. When I called to straighten the issue out, the woman on the phone insisted that they sent me the correct part. However, the valve did not fit the Elger Murray I have sitting in my house. Plumbing Supply refuses to credit the shipping costs and insists on charging a restocking fee when they are the ones who screwed up. After paying to ship it back, I would have paid more in nonrefundable shipping back and forth than what the valve costs. Plumbing Supply refuses to take responsibility for their mistake and insists I ordered the wrong part.

Plumbing Supply simply refuses to take responsibility for its mistake and want to charge me for its error.

Buyer beware.

Comments

• Ji
      Oct 26, 2012

I looked at the web site for the Murray toilet and see that they have a picture of the flush valve to look at before ordering, so I do not understand how it could be their fault. You fail to say how it did not fit? Did you ask any questions before ordering? Did you have them come to your house to see what your valve looked like before ordering? If not how could it be their fault that it does not fit your toilet? There are model numbers listed, is your toilet one of those?

• Pl
      Oct 26, 2012

We apologize for any problems related to your order. As our return policy clear states, if we've sent the wrong parts we will take care of it immediately, and without cost to you: shipping or restocking. We double check every order before they go out, in an effort to reduce errors, but mistakes can still happen as we are human. So please give us a call as we'd like to take care of this as quickly as possible.

Here's our toll free number: [protected]