Platinum Travel Club / Scam artists

My wife bought a vacation voucher for $300 from this company probably 2 years ago and they have never came through with producing the voucher or reimbursing her money. Owners wont return phone calls and being ignored, sure there are hundreds if not thousands of people who got scammed and now they are operating a company called Platinum One Destination. The government should shut companies down that take money from consumers but never deliver the product.

Ar

Comments

• Sc
      10th of Apr, 2013

Anytime you have to go to a secret presentation, that only a few qualify for (heartbeat or breathing are the only real requirements) and no one knows who the owners or officers of the company are or where the home office is, just don't go. I checked these guys out and their online site owner information is hidden and unavailable unlike real companies like Travelocity.com who has real and verifiable whois data...

• My
      18th of Jun, 2016

PLATINUM HOLIDAY CLUB scam holiday, it take me $98 for no thing. If anyone known how to helf me get money back please tell me. Here my case.
    20/06/2016 When number (03) 8744 9095 call me the Girl from PLATINUM HOLIDAY CLUB said: you have a $2000 Rewards Dollars and $600 in Flight Vouchers form of Platinum Holiday Club . I ask her Why am i won prize? She answer because i lucky and i decide to take up this offer. She has blatantly lied to me to make a sale.
    I were asked to provide my credit card and bank details before she can send me the ‘prize’. I agree and give her my bank detail, my name, my birthday to get prize.
    After that she talk me need pay $49 to join... she said to fast i did not understood everything. i was not sure all what she mean, i still did not known clear about your Platinum Holiday Club then i told her sent me message or email, i need more imformation that i can discuss with my husband. And now i realise it gone take me (10 fortnights of $49) $490 A huge amount money.
    I did not transfers my money to your Club, but they use my personal details to take money from my bank account.
    i saw in my bank that
    At 23/05/2016 direct debit 428198 PLATINUM HOLIDAY 18672172 - $49
    at 06/06/2016 direct debit 428198 PLATINUM HOLIDAY 19322609 - $49

That mean they take me $98.

I sent they email to cancel and aks for refund but they said: You are not eligible for a refund.

• Li
      13th of Dec, 2016

@my vo Hi, my name is Liudmyla I have the same story!!! They do fraud!!! They are crooks! People dont believe that company!

16th of Mar, 2017

@my vo After paying that $98, do they still take the money from your account for the rest 8 installment?

27th of Jun, 2016

I am the same, I was scam thinking I won $2000 holiday, I was a winner of a prize and for me to claim my prize I was to paid $49. I learn that I had to pay 10 payments of $49 . With this I also won $600 flight tickets. I went to book at the weekend motel for 5 night as learn that it only discount on the price of the motel, No $2000 prize at all, I played three amounts of $49 . I rang today to cancel my membership and ask for refund. I was not a winner at all as they give the same to everybody . I would not get my refund, To me a winner is a gift not to to pay money . There staff need to learn the meaning of winner and prize . I want to know how do I get my money back .
    Thanks Cheryl

• Ro
      15th of Jun, 2017

@Cheryl George call this [censor] Bernadette, a filipina scammer...pls next time search the company first.regards t2 Rombat

• Be
      5th of Oct, 2016

Today I received a call from number (07)3177 4281, where I supposedly entered a survey on line and the man i spoke to when asked said he was a Philipino, told me that I had been chosen to win the $2000 towards a holiday plus extra for air fares etc, all I would need to do is pay 10 payments of $49.50, and there was 3 ways I can do it, (a) credit card, (b) Debit card, (3) direct debit. I told him I needed time to think about it and immeciately searched for the company website that he gave me and found this. So I did think it was too good to be true, thank you to tnis site, I will not be taking up the offer, its true what they say, if it sounds too good to be true, then it usually is.

27th of Mar, 2017

This happened to me today. The guy called me from (03) 86910855, started with I won $2000 and $600 for a flights and commendations. He also said I only have to pay $49 for 10 fortnight, how do I do that? off cause to give all my details and credit card to someone over the phone?? I knew that sound too good to be true, so I was just listening to him and did not give him the respond that wanted, he started to sound pretty angry told me that I’m wasting all his time. At the end he said, ok I’m not gonna wast my time "SO DO YOU WANT TO TAKE IT OR NOT??” I said “NO” and he said “BYE”. How crazy was that, I knew I would found something like this online too. I hope this would help someone not to fall into trap like this..

29th of Mar, 2017

I received a call today from 03 9001 6066 with the same story as above. I asked them to email me the information prior to signing up and of course they couldn't do that. When I asked to speak to a supervisor the guy said he WAS the supervisor. I then called back on the same number and asked the same question from a different consultant and was told the same thing... funnily enough he was also the supervisor. This has scam written all over it. I hope no-one falls for their well written spiel.

• Ob
      4th of Apr, 2017

I have also had the same type of calls as the above people. You are a winner, but we want to take out $49 for 10 fortnight, I asked them to email me the details, but of course they couldn't do this until I had set up debit details. I asked them to ring me back tommorrow & went straight to Google to check them out...this site has reinforced my first thoughts, it's a bit dodgy, I won't be joining up.

• De
      24th of May, 2017

Oh! Wow! I just got that phone call! I decided to research
    This company and I'm glad I have read these complaints !
    The Indian man is ringing me back tomorrow for my details I won't be answering the call!!! Thank you to you all for sharing your story and I'm sorry you have been scammed!

• Sh
      25th of May, 2017

These people are at it again. I get a call almost every day from Platinum Holiday Club. Very hard sell!! And the website makes it seem you can just use the credit for anything - it actually says if you see flights on webjet or similar they are included.

• Ro
      15th of Jun, 2017

The girl's name from the Platinum holiday club is Bernadette, a Filipina girl. I received a call from this filipina this morning telling me that i responded to a survey sometime ago and i was one of lucky 1000 people selected to receive $2000.00 and $600.00
    I myself is a filipino and scammed by my own countryman is [censor]

• Gr
      7th of May, 2018

After reading these comments i was worried but i have already booked my holiday, I joined because my cousin recommended this to me as he went on a trip to Thailand last year. So far i haven't had any problems and i doesn't seem like a scam because i know my cousin enjoyed his holiday.

27th of May, 2018

been on this website many times after i joined platinum holiday club and i have to complain that all these negative comments had me worried. I have already traveled to phuket and back with the vouchers i got from platinum holiday club so my complaint is this got me all worried for nothing my trip was great...

• Li
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Platinum Holiday Club - hotels

I dont know why everyone is complaining about this, I joined one month ago and had a lovely trip to Bali, Im a strong independent woman and proud to be a feminist. Initially looking at this website got me worried after my purchase unnecessarily so my complaint is please dont cause others worry for naught.

20th of Aug, 2018
    Platinum Holiday Club - travel

• Gr
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Platinum Holiday Club - holidays

• Ti
      29th of Aug, 2018

Very dodgy with the booking of flights.I don't understand why they would charge extra fee for booking yet they can use my flight voucher for that

• Cr
      2nd of Oct, 2018

Reading all these complaints got me worried too...currently paying$49 after convinced by a Filipina girl about this whole deal...it was too good to be true and I have yet to find out...they always call when payments are late but when I try to call the no back ...no one is responding...I have already made a few $49 payments which I don't think I will get back if I cancel now...working it out it was $490 in total was the cost of the boucher...please help what should I do? I haven't tried to book a holiday yet

• Pa
      5th of Nov, 2018
    Platinum Holiday Club - phone calls
    Queensland
    Australia

I have be told numerous times I have won the prize of a holiday voucher and told the details. I have thousands of times told them thanks for the offer, but I am busy to accept their kind offer.. Please no more phone calls. HOW CAN I GET THEM TO STOP PHONING?. Even being offered to my number not to be called, and they said I am of their list.

5th of Nov, 2018
    Platinum Travel Club - debiting money form my account directly
    Melbourne
    Victoria
    Australia
    platinumholidayclub.com.au

These platinum holiday club is debiting money from my account.Till now it was debited twice form my account on 7th april and 21th april. Please refund my money immediately.

4th of Dec, 2018

I have just got of the phone with a lady representing this campany. She was very pushy to get me to sign up after telling me that I had won a coupon worth $2600 for travel and accommodation. All I had to do was join the Platinum Travel Club and make 10 fortnightly payments of $49 which just seemed to be to good to be true which seems to be right after reading some of the other articles on this site