Pixmania / Bad service

United States Review updated:
I bought a wireless pc card november 30th. No sign of the thing not being in stock. The confirmation e-mail said the card would be sent to me within 2 or 3 days. From then on... silence... December 5th I called Pixmania (0, 25 eurocents per minute). They told me the card wasn't available anymore and that the manufacturer of the card could not deliver until december 19th. I asked them how it's possible I could order a card that wasn't there anymore. "It's possible that the moment you ordered someone bought the last item just seconds before you", they told me. And why didn't they just send me an e-mail telling me so? "We don't do that" they simply replied.
December 19th passed and guess what... still no sign. I called again today. Now the story was: "The manufacturer just told us he cannot deliver the card at all". But they would give me a refund. Like hell they will!! I asked again (what can you do) why I didn't receive an e-mail telling me this. Well, I knew the story... And I asked: "What if I hadn't called? Would you have given me a refund anyway?"
They bluntly told me that they wouldn't have done so, not until I would have contacted them myself.
I'm so pissed right now! I should be getting my money back within 10 workingdays ("We're in France, you see". No I DON'T!) I sure hope I don't have to go over to France in order to get it!!
All I can say to anyone is: NEVER buy anything from these french swindlers!

D  28th of Apr, 2009 by
Thank you for your review.

We apologise for the inconvenience regarding your order.

Pixmania website is updated regularly. When the product is out of stock we offer a replacement for the product. If you accept the replacement we are able to process the order and arrange delivery or we will cancel and refund the order.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,