[Resolved] Pimlico Plumbers / boiler repair service

London, England, Greater London, GB

I am providing one star, as it is not possible to provide a lower review. Firstly, a general note, while they do provide a fast service, Pimlico plumbers are very expensive compared to the competition in London. Secondly, in terms of my direct experience, Pimlico organised for an engineer who was insufficiently qualified to assess my boiler (pulsacoil), which had stopped working, even though I had been guaranteed over the phone in advance the engineer would have knowledge of my boiler type. The engineer found a number of faults and recommended that even if he attempted to fix the faults, he could not guarantee that the boiler would work, recommending a replacement - to the cost of £1, 200-2500. This seemed incorrect to me, so I organised for an assessment by an alternative company. It turned out that the only problem with the boiler was a faulty timer, and since this has been replaced I have not had issue with the boiler. Pimlico have refused to provide a refund.

• Resolution statement

Pimlico Plumbers customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the client have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.

Da