[Resolved] Persopo / Scam

Las Vegas, NV, United States

I had made a search request on Persopo and subscribed for 5 day trial. The whole thing cost me only $1.
After I made a request they said that I'll get all the necessary information within 48-72 hours.
5 days passed and there was no way to contact customer service, they completely ignored me. 5 days later they finally contacted me and said that they have all the information I needed but since 5 day trial was already over I had to pay some extra money to get the information! I refused to pay.
These people are scammers! Glad it only cost me $1.

• Resolution statement

• Persopo Customer Care's Response, Aug 08, 2016

Nick, please let me explain, as it sounds like you have us confused with another company. What you sign up for as a trial account is to view all available records on our database covering public records on over 320 million Americans. If you signed up with us, you would be immediately given access to that database. Our website provides all information on hand immediately. We do make additional requests towards any governing municipalities for further information, but to say that you were immediately told to wait before ANY information would appear is absolutely not the truth.
    Secondly, saying there is no way to contact us is again untruthful, as not only is our phone number shown on every single page of our website, we email all customers a copy of their receipt the moment they sign up, that in addition to having our contact information, also allows you to reply directly to our support team. If you were on a website that had none of the contact information, you were not on Persopo.com.
    Thirdly, our company does not contact our customers out of the blue, as we have no interest in spamming or bothering people whom do not want it. If you contact us we will respond, but we do not make unsolicited contact towards anyone. Ever. Again, saying that the company contacted you asking for more money proves that you were not on Persopo.com.

While I understand that mistakes do happen, should anyone believe they have any issue with Persopo.com please feel free to contact us any way that is comfortable for you (persopo.com/contact) and any one of our family members will happily clear up any issue relating to our service.

Scam