[Resolved] Penske Corporation / I am complaining about a purchased unit

1 Riverdale, GeorgiaRiverdale, United States Review updated:

My name is Cedric Gray Jr. and I purchased unit599159 through eBay auction on May 12, 2018. I picked the unit up from Charlotte and drove it to Jonesboro, Ga. because two engine lights came on that was May 15. The unit been at that location ever since, I just want another unit so I can get to work. Can somebody please help me with this situation please

• Resolution statement

• Penske Corporation Customer Care's Response, Jun 20, 2018

Hello Cedric -- my name is Alen Beljin (alen.beljin@penske.com) and I would like to assist you with your used truck purchase. I work in Penske Truck Leasing's marketing department. Can you please email me with your contact information? I will ask our used trucks corporate department to further examine your concerns.

Alen

Ce
Jun 19, 2018

Comments

• Ce
      20th of Jun, 2018

20th of Jun, 2018

Cedric Gray Jr.
    (770) 318-3002

• Co
      2nd of Jul, 2018

Hello Cedric Gray. I'm going through the same thing. I picked up my unit last Monday, drove in for 2 hrs and transmission light came on. Took it back to penske and it's been a nightmare since then..I just want to get back to wotk.. Have you had any luck? I keep getting the.."he's busy at this time, but I'll have him call you back" routine everyday and no call backs. I'm in Canada... Oh and my unit was 48k and it's fully paid for.. Yet I don't have anything to show for it. Have you gotten any help at all?

2nd of Jul, 2018

@Conrad in Canada Hi Conrad, well I really don’t know where to start with this. It’s been almost three months since I paid for a unit and insurance on a unit not even on the road like $10, 000 lost on that cause I still don’t have a unit. I’m currently/frustratingly waiting for July 18, Penske is prepping another unit so we’ll see how that goes. Yeah I’ve been on the receiving end of that type of help but I didn’t stop there. Continuous calling every day more than three times a day from shop to corporate to customer service. Hopefully this next unit will make things right, I’m praying it doπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ˜ž

• Na

@Cedric Gray Jr. Hello Cedric,

Like the saying goes, misery loves company. I also made the mistake of doing business with Penske. They have my money and I have a non functioning tractor. I am interested as to what the issue is with your unit. Mine is emissions related...the one box...verified by another shop. I am also in the Atlanta Ga area. The customer no service is slow to respond. My perception is that they stall to try and make us go away. Penske is unethical at best. Good luck. I am only about 6 weeks in my process. I feel your pain.