PECO / Overcharging
I have "Electric Residential Service CAP Opt D" which is a State funded assistance program. My budget plan payment has been $49.00 all year, which has always been paid on time. Octcber's bill, however was $120.00. Twice, I called them. The first time I could not get through. The second time, I got through, but after 12 minutes on hold, got disconnected. I was away a few days and when I returned I had a letter telling me I was past due and had to pay the bill immediately or be dropped from the CAP rate program. I sent in the bill the next morning, hoping they would make the adjustment, and knowing I would have to try and conntact then again after the next bill comes. Well the next bill did came only a few days later, and its for $584.29. They didn't even give it time enough to receive my check. I called them again, got through to only their computer, which tells me, after 21 minute on hold, that they received my $120.00 and have applied it to this month's bill and that I still have to pay the balance of $464.26. I am an older man in my early 60's and on disability. This is why I qualify for the CAP program. I can't pay this bill, that is in error, and PECO shows no inclination to want to fix the matter. Their Customer Service is a joke. There is no one in their billing dept. that knows how to do their job, nor cares to. And, their computer phone service is atrocious.
More PECO Complaints & Reviews
- PECO Energy - Frustratingly Incompetent Service 
- PECO Energy - Failure of duty to provide policy transparency as a public utility provider 
- PECO Energy - Disgusted and fuming with the service! 
- PECO Energy - credit department 
- PECO Energy - Bad service 
- PECO Energy Company - damage to car
- PECO Energy Company - slow in completing paperwork to turn on electric
- PECO Energy Company - no electric power for over 4 days.
- PECO - power outage
- PECO - electric