PECO / Overcharging

1 3051 N. Reese St.Philadelphia, United States Review updated:
Phone: (215) 223 - 7279

I have "Electric Residential Service CAP Opt D" which is a State funded assistance program. My budget plan payment has been $49.00 all year, which has always been paid on time. Octcber's bill, however was $120.00. Twice, I called them. The first time I could not get through. The second time, I got through, but after 12 minutes on hold, got disconnected. I was away a few days and when I returned I had a letter telling me I was past due and had to pay the bill immediately or be dropped from the CAP rate program. I sent in the bill the next morning, hoping they would make the adjustment, and knowing I would have to try and conntact then again after the next bill comes. Well the next bill did came only a few days later, and its for $584.29. They didn't even give it time enough to receive my check. I called them again, got through to only their computer, which tells me, after 21 minute on hold, that they received my $120.00 and have applied it to this month's bill and that I still have to pay the balance of $464.26. I am an older man in my early 60's and on disability. This is why I qualify for the CAP program. I can't pay this bill, that is in error, and PECO shows no inclination to want to fix the matter. Their Customer Service is a joke. There is no one in their billing dept. that knows how to do their job, nor cares to. And, their computer phone service is atrocious.

Comments

Go
  14th of Feb, 2009

My bill also jumped. We paid no more than $50 til November rolled around. Then our bill jumped to $90. And This Jan and Feb 2009 our bill is $140-170. WTF?!? This company sucks!

Be
  19th of Jan, 2011

Bill???? No highway robbery!!!
I am a CAP opt E subscriber ::: my bills have gone from about $30 $40 per month to $599 this month. What the hell???? I am Sr. citizen, SS check is about $700 a month. If I could live without electricity, I would read by bonfire or candle light. I understand the cost is up but come one, be realiztic, not 1000% Is there any way out of this?? I live by muself, only luxury is baseboard heating. Should I opt to freeze to death??? Anyone have an answer to any of this bull [censor]???

Di
  19th of Jan, 2011

My bill also went up from 149.00 in Nov to 699.00 in Dec. No changes in usage everything is the same I am also disabled. I've had no luck in contacting their customer service line. Peco needs to fix this problem.

Ga
  19th of Feb, 2011
PECO - ON hold for more than 2hrs
electricity
Phila
Pennsylvania

electricity stoped earlier today, have been trying to contact PECO for more than two hours via cell and computer. Now both computer can cell battery are dying due to no electricity.

Sn
  19th of Jun, 2016

Can anyone explain this to me? Because PECO cant. We live in a tiny 3 room apartment, one bedroom. How is our bill consistently $800 a month?
That is 735% higher than the average PA household. PECO says there is no issue, we're using this much electricity? This is without heat or AC by the way.