Peach Direct / They are scam artists!

I ordered from peach direct on December 9th, 2006. I ordered 2 xbox 360's and a 19inch HP computer monitor. My order status has been order pending shipment for 2 weeks. So I started to get suspicious and did a search on the company name. After reading all of the complaints about the company not shipping your order and all of the run around they give you and all of the excuses and lies, I called peach direct. They started feeding me the lies that I read they gave other customers. When I brought this to the customer service rep's attention, she immediately began to get nasty with me. Saying that the disclosure says that it will take 3 business weeks, then 21 days, then it will be shipped by the 3rd week (not business week). When I asked her why they are lying to their customers and telling them 2-3 weeks, and their disclosure says something else, she refused to answer me. When I requested to talk to a supervisor, she put me on hold, and came back on giving me another lie, and refused to let me speak with a supervisor. When I told her that was fine, I would call back later, and in the mean time I would call my attorney. She started yelling and I hung up. I will call back later, and I will continue to call daily or even a couple times a day. Don't get sucked in!!! If you get a letter or approval throw it AWAY!!!

Comments

13th of Jan, 2007

On November 1, 2006, my wife bought me a HP laptop(ie, model A) costing around $1400. On Nov 10th, a laptop showed up (ie, model C) costing roughly $800. I immediately called and told them of this problem (understanding they can substitute any product at any time for model of equal or greater value) and they were friendly enough and said they would send RMA labels to send the wrong computer back.

To get to the point. 15 phone calls to Peach and 6 calls to the finance company to halt payment, over 7 weeks. On December 29th we finally got a label to return the laptop we did not order.

They are still trying to bill us, even though they have the laptop back ( all fees were waived) and we have sent written letter to close and cancel the account. It has been the worst experience we have ever had with a company. We have since gone and paid cash for the same laptop Peach was supposed to send.

BOTTOM LINE, avoid Peach Direct at all cost. The company gives you the run around. And seems to be unwilling to send the correct item. Instead, sending an inferior product in its place and hoping the buyer will not notice the switch.

• Ke
      15th of Jan, 2007

They are terrible they actually were going to send me a statement for payment even though I had not received the product!!! This company is really REALLY BAD. They prey on people with average credit. I ordered before x-mas and it is now mid January and the product still did not ship. I emailed customer service and they DO NOT EMAIL YOU. They are worthless ### and should be out of business...I would suggest anyone who has had issues with them call their State Better Business Bureau...

16th of Jan, 2007

I will never ever order from this company ever again i promise on my life!

I ordered an Xbox 360 get this, this is the funny part are you ready!!? November 16th 2006, it is now January 6th and the product i ordered still has not seen my hands... Ive called over 20 times it seems and all this company does is lie and oh LIE SOME MORE! They keep feeding me the same old bull every time i pick up that phone and dial their stupid number.. You want to hear their latest lie to me? Oh Mr. Adray your order says it has been shipped on my computer screen, *ME* oh really well its been almost 2 months of me waiting for this product you know this right? *Peach Direct* Oh really well we have heard that a lot of shipment progress has been halted due to bad road conditions. BAD ROAD CONDITIONS COME ON!!!! I live where roads can be so bad BUT... I told the lady you know woman I could have ordered this product and easily drove from Michigan to where ever you are located and have gotten my XBOX BY NOW!

So all I' AM trying to say is that avoid this company unless you like waiting like i do =) NOT!!!!!

All i know is if i get somehow.. the wrong product OH MAN I' AM GOING TO GO CRAZY!

I HATE PEACH DIRECT MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!

• Cr
      29th of Jan, 2007

Peach Direct is a JOKE! I ordered a Panasonic home theater system on 12/15/06. As of today 1/29/07 it has not shipped yet I have been billed for it! I have confronted the finance co with no help what so ever and they are still billing me! I will not pay for something I do not have! My credit ain't that great anyway so they'll have to try to sue me for it! I will be contacting the Attorney General here in my state about these con artists!

29th of Jan, 2007

Peach Direct is the BIGGEST SCAM I know!! I ordered a Sony home theater system 12/20/06 and today is 1/29/07 and It still haven't been shipped off to me. I call over 10 times and all I keep getting are LIES....they won't put a supervisor on the phone.I told them stop with the lies and just send my system or they won't get paid and I also told them I will call my locate tv station and tell them I know a company you need to put on tv -cause they our scanning customers out of there money. I also will be contacting Attorney General . PLEASE DON'T FALL FOR PEACH DIRECT-WATCH OUT !!!!!

• El
      2nd of Feb, 2007

November 2006: Opened an pre-approved account. Ordered an item. Was told shipping would be 2-3 weeks. After 3 weeks, with Christmas approaching in a matter of days, I kept checking status of order. I called three days in a row and was given a different story each time. After the 3rd day, I cancelled my order and closed the account. Two days later, I receive the item in the mail. Was told they would send a return shipping label in 7-10 days. As of mid-January, no label received and I started getting calls about my "past due account". Was told shipping label would be sent "again". Continued to get weekly calls regarding my "past due account". Every time I contact Peach Direct to get a status on my shipping label, I get a different story. Main office is unreachable ( I have tried on numerous occasions). When I call the number I get a recording that I will have to leave a message, only to learn that the voice mail box is "full" at the end of the recording. It is now February and I still do not have the shipping label, and I continue to get different stories each time I call. I am contacting the Better Business Bureau.

• Co
      5th of Feb, 2007

I totally agree with you guys. This company is terrible. I ordered an Xbox 360 and a Toshiba laptop on December 17th. I also got an extended warranty of the company and it said it was shipped about a week and a half ago. It is now Feb. 5th and still nothing. I have called them plenty of times asking them when my shipment was going to come and just like the rest of you, all I get is the run around. I'm done with this company.

Is it possible to cancel my order and close my account after I have placed orders?? If so I think I am going to do it ASAP.

6th of Feb, 2007

I placed an order with Peach Direct on Dec. 5th 2006 for an XBox 360 and a pair of Christian Dior Sunglasses... I called numerous times to find out where my order was, as I was already paying on two products with GE Money bank that I did not have. I was told that "because of the holidays" it was taking longer than usual and that I should wait the full 21 business days....Then when the 21 business days came and went, I called back and was fed another load of lies, saying that the product was being shipped directly from Microsoft, and that they "ran out of product" (ha, ha) Ok...now when I brought the fact that the sunglasses were not made by Microsoft to their attention, I was fed yet another load of lies! I called them back a week later and the rep I talked to told me that my complaints have not even been filed with customer service! I was furious!!!! She told me she would do it, I asked to speak to a supervisor and when I did, they "assured me that all would be taken care of" and that "By Friday" I would get a call back from customer service letting me know where the products were....That week passed then another....then I called back and to my "surprise" (ha, ha) I was told that sometimes it takes them a little longer to return calls...and that I should be patient?! I let them know that my order was going on 2 months now not having received my products! So, of course I was given another load of "bs"...I finally got the XBox on Jan 31st...and guess what? It was defective! My husband is a computer analyst and KNOWS computer and electronic equipment...there is no getting around it, the product is faulty! I called them to notify them and asked what they would be doing about it, that night...I spoke to the most incredibly ignorant supervisor who was incredibly rude and he told me that the best they could do it send a return lable?! Then I asked how long that would take? He said anywhere from 7-10 days...then I asked since I had to wait soooooooooooooo long and since I was already paying on this product that they send me a replacement product immediately and when I get the return lable I would return their defective product...He told me no, we cannot do that, you will have to wait for the lable then you will send it back and then we will send out a replacement product...I asked how long this would all take? He said anywhere from 6-8 wks more! I called today Feb. 5th and once again I spoke to the most ignorant people on earth, in which I was outright called a lier, told I was being too impatient and I lost it this time! I canceled my entire order, (the sunglasses by the way...have not even shipped!) and when I asked for a number to the executive office, I was told there was none??? I informed them that I would be in touch with GE Money bank to file a dispute of these charges and I was also contacting the better business bureau today to file a grievance with them as well! Peach Direct is the most fraudulent, most ridiculously bogus company I have ever come across....and I STRONGLY urge anyone who even considers doing business with them to be cautious, at the very least...By the way, I informed the woman I spoke to today, supervisor, of all these complaints that I have run across on this site, and she disregarded it as though it was no big deal...didn't even try to make my situation right!

• Wa
      7th of Feb, 2007

5 weeks ago I ordered a computer from Peach Direct. It was to take 2-3 weeks for delivery. Tomorrow it will be 5 weeks. I've already made one payment, they aren't slow in sending the bill, but have yet to receive my computer. I've made numerous calls and no one seems to be able to track anything. In short, they are are great at taking your money, but fall far short of being able to deliver the goods.

8th of Feb, 2007

I read the complaints so I was weary. Before ordering, I called both GE and PD and got the run around with both companies. Neither could assure me that my experience would be any better than the ones I read about. I did not order anything and I have cancelled my account. To those that came before me and posted their experiences, thank you for saving me the hassle with this horrible company. Good luck with your refunds or cancellations!

To anyone out there thinking of ordering from these shysters, don't.

• Do
      10th of Feb, 2007

I ordered 2 items from this company on 11/30/06. In December, I received one of them. Although their website showed the item I received was still pending and the item I did not receive had been shipped, as you can imagine I knew better since I HAD the item in my hands. When I inquired as to the status of the other item, I was told it had been shipped and 3 or 4 other explanations. Finally, in the middle of January, 2007 I called and asked to cancel the item I had not received. I have since tried to get them to credit my account. They told me to contact GE Money Bank. GEMB told me that PD had to inform them of the credit, which they have not and refuse to do. This company is absolutely THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN! And, check out the California Better Business Bureau at http://www.labbb.org where they are rated an F.

I am now on a mission to hold this company accountable for their terrible business practices. If you care to join in a legal action, email me through the Complaint Board with contact info.

15th of Feb, 2007

I placed an order with Peach Direct on 12-20-06. On 12-28-06 I received a bill from GE Money Bank (1st pmt due 1-15-07) for a TV and accessories that, according to the Peach Direct website, were still "pending shipment". Feeling it is extremely unethical if not illegal to bill people and expect them to start paying for items that are not even on their way to them yet, I cancelled the order that same day. Please note the GE transaction date was 2 days after I placed my order even though the TV was not to ship for 3 weeks! As of today the order still does not indicate being cancelled on Peach's website and had I not thrown an extreme fit with GE, they would still hold me liable even though their policy of paying Peach for items weeks before they are sent to the customer is a big part of the problem. In addition, GE Money Bank had to be contacted three times regarding their calling me about the payments I don't owe them, even though I have filed two disputes on the billing. According to GE, Peach will not respond to the dispute (now there's news flash for anyone who has dealt with them - not!) Of course they won't - the sooner they do, the sooner they have to return the money they should not have had to begin with. Peach Direct needs to be put out of business and if GE Money Bank would quit funding their fraud, they would be, so I hold them culpable in this sham as well. Customer service, not at all, just scripted BS and no way to contact anyone higher up than the $8 an hour nitwits they obviously have to resort to hiring. No one with any morals or employability anywhere else would continue employment with such a nightmare. They are based in LA so maybe the local news stations would be interested in exposing their ###.

8th of Mar, 2007

First of all, WHO is their right mind would even THINK of e-mailing that e-mail address with their account number?! We don't know who really posted that reply that is supposed to be from customer service!! Instead of replying to the posts on this site, Peach Direct needs to directly be taking care of customer complaints and problems! I just ordered a notebook computer from them a few days ago, and now that I have read all of the negative complaints on here, I am very nervous now!!

Secondly, it was my negligence in regards to the research I should have done BEFORE placing my order. I should have thought that they were so quick to approve me for such a large amount of credit when other companies have not given me such a generous credit limit.

Thirdly, I now feel it is very skeptical to the consumer that there are no model numbers given on alot of the electronics and computers! I was also looking for customer reviews on the products and service, but to my dismay, did not find either one!

Last, I found it extremely fishy to me that every time I tried to call the number to accept their credit offer I got an automated message saying that they were experiencing large call volume and to call back! I called at random times and it was always like that! I finally went online and accepted the offer, after realizing after doing so, that their site is not even secure! After I placed the order, I called the 1-800 number again and got the same large call volume message, blah, blah, blah. I waited for about 30 seconds, and what do you know, but someone answered my call immediately! The girl did answer my questions, but I am hoping that I didn't get ripped off like so many others!

If PD wants to stay in business, they have ALOT of issues to work on! Scamming people and ripping people off seem to be their specialty right now. I will wait 2-3 weeks for my computer to arrive. If I do not have it by that time (Which I feel is ridiculous anyway, since I was not given the opportunity to customize the laptop in any way, shape, or form!) , I will definitely take legal actions against them and enforce it to the fullest!! My husband is in the military, and I will get the JAG, or whoever else involved if I do not receive my merchandise and find out that I am being billed for it already!

I hope that everyone will read comments, both positive and negative about ANY E-commerce site before making a large purchase from them! Good luck everyone!

• Ro
      8th of Mar, 2007

I just wanted to chime in with a word or two in support of Peach direct. They have obviously had a lot of problems, and judging from the board traffic, Christmas was especially bad for shoppers expecting gifts at a certain time.

I just received my 32 inch LCD TV and love it. It arrived 12 business days from the day I placed my order. The price was definitely in line with all other retailers. The shipping/handling charge was substantially more than other outlets, but I take that as a concession for the generous credit terms.

I too was seriously fretting after I placed my order and saw all the bad press online. But in the end I am nothing but pleased.

• Di
      8th of Mar, 2007

I asked the customer service if they knew who Blake Newman was and they had no idea. If you are who you say you are make things right for all of us because no one is going to give out their account to another scam.

12th of Mar, 2007

Ok, well it is March 12, 2007 and I received the Sony Vaio notebook today. I ordered it on February 25, 2007. Given the 2-3 week wait time, I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised.

I just thought I would follow up on my previous comment and give everyone a follow up on my experience. I will say that Peach did deliver the Sony Vaio notebook in the time as promised and it is what I ordered. I have since then searched for the same model (now that I know what it is now!) on the internet, and yes, it is way cheaper on other sites. Other sites that would not give me the chance to finance it too by the way.

The no interest offer that Peach Direct promises is basically no good due to the 30% mark up. I am pleased that I have the notebook that I wanted and am going to be able to make low monthly payments.

The notebook did not come with a manual of any sort, but I am very efficient with computers anyway, so it was not a huge deal. I started it right up out of the box and Windows XP Professional was already installed, as well as a trial of Norton Security, and Microsoft Office 2003. There is no software included, but luckily, I already have the needed programs and will install them on myself. So far, I cannot see anything wrong, and everything looks like it is running great. I am hoping that I will not have to go through the return process because I can only imagine by the reviews what a hassle that is going to be.

So, all in all, I did receive what I ordered, and have not been billed for it as of yet. Yes, prices are higher, but they do give generous credit limits where as other banks will not. I will have to say that I am pleasantly surprised and am enjoying my computer. I will give Peach Direct credit for that even if they are just the middle man in the transaction. If anything changes, I will definitely let everyone know.

• Ki
      14th of Mar, 2007

Ok, my husband and I ordered a 42" Panasonic Plasma from PD on March 3rd. It has not shipped as of yet. We knew it might take up to 21 business days to ship. After reading the entries on this site, we are both really concerned. We obviously should have done some research before ordering. I guess I just thought that we would not be expected to pay on something we have not received. I hope we are pleasantly surprised!

• Cr
      16th of Mar, 2007

Peach Direct HA! I ordered a Panasonic DVD recorder on 1/11/07. I called and canceled the order on 1/17 after hearing about all this. NOW IT SHOWS UP AT MY DOOR 3/14/07!! I call them and they say they will send a return authorization but I still must eat the shipping! I CANCELLED MY ORDER YOU ###S!

• St
      19th of Mar, 2007

We ordered a flat plasma TV and then cancelled within 48 hours. We are now getting calls from GE's collections department because they say that Peach Direct never let them know that we cancelled the order and do not owe anything on the account. Peach Direct doesn't answer their phones and will not credit back the charges.

GE says they can't do anything about it. Filing a dispute did not work a month ago and now we are about to go into a sixty day late period, at which point GE will report us to the credit bureaus, and then all of our other credit cards will blast their interest charges on our other accounts because that is what the new laws are skillfully written to do to the consumers.

Peach Direct (GE Credit) Scammers (Going out of bus?) Shame on both of them!

• Ca
      22nd of Mar, 2007

Gorgeous catalog just jam packed with beautiful pictures and priced in some cases as much as $1500 more then the competition. This comes all wrapped up with a slick cc that has an Apr. of 22.98% or the prime rate plus 14.73%. Such a flagrant and oh so arrogant display of consumer gouging it would make PT Barn um blush. And FYI it seems a great company like GE is holding the paper, GE MONEY BANK is who you call for account servicing requests. Bet you never see Dateline do a story on this scam. Hey, I understand that business is business but you are praying on people that can least afford it and have little or no credit.If you made the minimum payment on a very overpriced 42 inch plasma it would take about 10 years to pay it off. Just my opinion but this smacks of usury.