Peach DirectRip Off Direct should be new name!

J

First I received a letter telling me I was approved for $2300.00 credit limit from GE Money Bank and offered the latest luxury goods with payment plans and no interest til next year. I said I will try a small purchase so I ordered Eternity by Calvin Klein for Men for $55.00 plus $8.00 shipping and handling! This company after two weeks of ordering still did not ship out the item I could have gone down to Walmart or Macy's and picked up and had that night! The $8.00 shipping and handling isn't cheap on something so small. I can understand if this was a "built to order" notebook computer but come on even QVC, HSN, or Ebay people ship faster than two to three weeks out!

Next came to phone call to Peach Direct and I was put on hold and told they would take care of canceling the order! Next day it still was showing as pending on PD online. I called again and this time the girl said it would be canceled but it would take 2 to 3 days for it to show up in system as canceled. I said I want to talk to supervisor and she asked why? I said I want to talk to supervisor and she put me on hold. Two minutes later she said it was immediately canceled and it would show on system immediately. I said I wanted to still talk to supervisor to tell them she is playing games with me! Amazingly the phone disconnected! I called back and supervisor told me her "wonderful" employee followed policy and my order was now canceled. I said I have $2300.00 to spend and will NOT because of trouble I have with this small item and she said where am I going to get a laptop for low payments? I said QVC offers laptops and 4 easy payments and probably ships out in less than a week. She didn't seem too happy with me!

Lessons learned from Peach Direct - 1. shipping is expensive and not refundable 2. customer service is shady and hard to cancel items 3. items are shipped out late so you are charged by GE Money Bank in hopes you become delinquent setting off late fees, 20% restocking fee, higher interest rate of 28.99 fixed with first late payment, and overlimit fee of $30 plus you are responsible catching UPS the day of TV delivery or will be sent back and owe $300 restocking fee on a $1500.00 TV and still get no TV. 4. items may be substituted for equal or better without notifying you if it is ok to do this - lets say you order a Bose system and get Sony - you must pay 20% restocking fee because there is nothing wrong with Sony item. 5. Shop at QVC, HSN, EBay, or Walmart.com because they are cheaper and have the latest products. 6. Read the fine print and terms and conditions carefully.

Lastly while doing a google search on Peach Direct I noticed an article on Oracle systems installing the latest computer technology to Peach Direct. The company that runs Peach Direct is eCapital Financial Corporation. You might find this article very interesting!

Notice the item under the heading "Managing Orders Efficiently and Reducing Delays".

Thank you and good luck!

Jacob K Mar 17, 2011

I ordered a computer from this company on April 30th. I never received the item from this company and yet they are billing me for it. They are ruining my credit. I called them 5 times, and emailed with no response. They have reported my account past due to credit agencies.

I am now trying to save what's left of my credit score.

• Lu
    LUIS ROMERO Jul 24, 2010

I ordered at peach direct a HDTV screen tv in 12/07/2007 value $ 738.00 now 7/07/2010 $513;00 i pay for long time this tv and never reduce my cost at G.money bank in 3 years i pay every month more then minimun pay
    the flat tv coming in bad conditions no serial number for guarantee for to the tv. exist this peach direct no answer tomy question cuase that services its down no longer exists and they havent replaced my product and this Bank Gmoney from Peach direct montly sent the full bill
    att L.R

• Fe
    femmdraven Jun 23, 2009

Peachdirect is now venue.com, so if someone hasn't been able to get their warranties, etc. from Peach Direct, I'd suggest contacting this company.

joahnna Apr 27, 2009

I BOUGHT A TV FROM PEACH DIRECT AND PUT INSURESE ON THE TV NOW NO ONE KNOWS ANY THING ABOUT THING AND MY TV IS DONE AND I'M STILL PAYING FOR IT AND WHAT CAN I DO.

• Fe
    femmdraven Dec 27, 2008

I ordered several items over the period of one year and every time I purchased a warranty, it took forever to get it and I had to call the company several times to get a hard copy of my warranties. There are still two items I paid for warranties for and never received said warranties...even after repeated calls to customer service and getting the runaround. Now their website has disappeared and there is no recourse.

John Oct 14, 2008

Peachtree Direct took almost 4 months to deliver a 42 inch TV I ordered. When I called I heard excuses that it was being sent and that if I cancelled it I may be charged a restocking fee. After waiting several a couple of months, I received a letter asking me if I wanted to receive an inferior flatscreen versus waiting. I declined and waited another four weeks. Send in the payments IMMEDIATELY after you receive the bill or make them over the phone and verify they receive them - check with your bank. If not, expect your interest rate to soar. They indicated they had not received a payment and the next month I received a bill that was higher than what I had originally started with on the TV. Save your money, pay cash or go to a company that is widely recognized if not you may end up paying for that TV 3-4 times at Peachtree. Believe what the others have said about their customer service. RUDE and completely not helpful.

james boykins Oct 01, 2008

I order the princess cut diamond earrings and got them right away I have received so many complempts. Bling Bling

Andretta Wilder May 28, 2008

I feel your pain, I have been disputing back and forth with them for over a year. We all need to get together and sue them. They Need to be shut down! If you haven't already, I advise you all to file BBB complaints, FTC complaints, and take it to your community legal services.

• Fy
    f youngblood Apr 19, 2008

Had the same problem, i am being billed for charges even though items were shipped to the wrong address. As soon as they resolve this i am cancelling the card.

• St
    Stephanie Apr 01, 2008

The first thing i bought from Peach was an Xbox, it was the Elite version that cost about 200.00 plus dollers more than the others. The thing that i liked about this Xbox set, above the others, was the extras it was to come with. During the holidays the company put out special packages that the consumer could choose from. One set was between Spiderman and some other came that i cant recall, but because i was not ording from a store like Toys R Us, i did not have the chose between the sets, which was fine with me, i was happy with any free game. I got my order in no time. I Wrapped it and but it under the tree. On Christmas day is when i found out i was not gaven my free came. I was mad, but i was happy to have the Xbox by Christmas. On the box was a pic of the game that we were supposed to get, so their was no hiding the fact that we were taken. My second and last experence with this company is still going on. About six days ago, i ordered two pairs of Gucci sunglass's. One was black the other was white. These were to come with certificates proving that they are real, otherwise i have no proof, and it makes them about worthless, and yes i am not above keeping my certificate with me, if someone wore to doubt them. Anyways i called to get the shipping address to find that i would have to wait 24to 48 hours, to get them to sent it to my Email account, or i can wait 10 days and they will sent it to my house. I still have no shipping address, and this is my third time calling. Another thing to consider when buying from them, is when you want to return somthing they charge 15 to 20%, plus shipping, which in my case is 20 dollers. My total for these sunglass's were in the ballpark fig of 600.00 dollers, so take 15% of that, and i'm still geting riped off.

• Re
    rebecca felice Mar 11, 2008

Peach Direct was great I even receive my order way ahead of time ...all employees was awesome and service is great !!

Anna Blaine Feb 17, 2008

I ordered two items that were shipped the same day from separate locales. The first item made it here with no problem whatsoever. The second item was sent to an address in Connecticut. I live in New York. I called and asked them to send it to the proper address. First they say I have to cancel the order and reorder the item to have it reshipped. I say "What?!!??" and they decide that no, maybe they can just reship it. Except this time they STILL put the wrong address on it. According to the tracking info, it's now been returned to the shipper. I call and ask what's going on and am told nothing that isn't on the tracking info. In order to get the item, I'm going to have to cancel the first order and place a reorder. I asked for a waiver of the shipping fee because if they had just put the right address on the label, I would have received the package about two weeks ago. They actually claimed my not receiving the order was UPS's fault and insist I have to pay shipping again. Baloney. I canceled the order, did NOT reorder, and as soon as the refund is processed to my account, I'm canceling their card. What a bunch of screw-ups.

• Ti
    Tiata Rogers Jan 30, 2008

This is a late response to the comment made about me being an employee of Peach and getting paid to give them a good review.

I am a stay at home mom in Oklahoma. I am not nor have I ever been an employee of Peach Direct. The comment that I left was an honest account of my experience with the company. I made an order and I received my product without hassle. I am still making my monthly payments, which are very reasonable, and I am fully satisfied with my television. I even had a problem with the tv that required professional service, and the manufacturer's warranty fully covered the expense. It was an issue that is actually quite common with the tv that I purchased.

So, my experience with Peach is great. And I'm not being paid to say this, I'm just being honest.

• Ji
    jimish b. kansara Jan 29, 2008

pleace tell me another i am forget the networking , searching, on my life my age - 33 years

no your answer i understend are all of froud & cheet me.

Janice Brown Jan 29, 2008

i ordered a compaq presario from peach direct in september of 2007. i thouhgt i would be getting a brand new computer ! i got a computer that has things from 2003 . just imagine how you would feel.this computert is so slow sometimes it shuts down. now i have ge money bank breathing down my neck because i refuse to pay for 2003 computer!

• Pa
    Paul Stuart Jan 14, 2008

Within the last month I placed orders for a video card and two different Microsoft software products. Both orders were shipped
    in three days. One arrived two days after shipping, the other the next day, both via UPS ground. I've never had a problem
    with Peach Direct and will continue to order items from them. Their prices can be a little high, although the video card was
    competitive with several other online merchants.

• Lo
    lori.arguelles Dec 26, 2007

My husband and I placed an order with peach direct back in October. He ordered the hd player for our x-box 360 and the wireless adapter for it. I can honestly say that we had no problems what-so-ever. I feel like we recieved everything sooner than expected. However, after reading about all of the complaints it makes me a little hesitant in ordering in the future. I had never heard of this company before and when we got the offer in the mail my husband actually submitted the application on-line. I really and truly can't complain about the company. All I can say is that I am a lil in shock that this is the same company, because like I said we had no problems with our order or with the shipment time. I am now a little nervous for placing an order in the future, who's to say that I just jinxed myself...

• Do
    Dorothy M Bruce Dec 22, 2007

I ordered 10 items on 11/12/07 and I was given the run around after 3 weeks of no products they came in slowly after they stated you will receive them within 14-21 days. After 5 weeks I called everyday and the customer services associates wrote notes that did nothing finally after 6 weeks 6 items delivered 1 was cancelled without notice and 3 items the psp, and game and sewing machine that was promised now not coming in time for christmas im so upset and what do i tell my kids, they make luxary affordable for people with less than perfect credit only to give me the run around, and now i don't have the money to go out and buy those gifts i thought were coming, wish i could so something they shouldn't be allowed to do this to customers.

• Ni
    Nicole Dec 21, 2007

OMG! Before making my very first purchase at Peach Direct, I read the complaints on the complaint board. I immediately emailed DKim asking if this was true and if it could be prevented if I chose to purchase with PD. I didn't hear directly from him, and I decided to go ahead and order. I made my order on Tuesday and it arrived on Thursday. No hassle what so ever. I couldn't believe it! They told me over the phone that it would ship out in 2-3 weeks and that it is shipped through vendors in your local area. I asked who the vendor was and they didn't know, they just said depends on the closest to your area. I'm happy it worked out. . .

Satisfied Dec 10, 2007

Ordered two Ipod classics, came within a week and ordered some fancy french perfume for the wife came with in a week. No problem with the service I received.

• Cy
    CYNTHIAHESTER Dec 01, 2007

THEYSENDME TWO

• Je
    Jeremy Nov 28, 2007

I ordered a XBOX 360 and a game from PD. I received the xbox and a packing slip for the game; but no game. They have billed me for the game. I have called them and every time I call trying to talk to someone i get hung up on. They are a big scam. If you receive a pre-approval letter from them THROW IT AWAY!!

• Le
    Leyna Coppersmith Nov 23, 2007

I first ordered from Peach Direct in March 2007. I ordered a laptop & received it a few weeks later with no problems. Then a few months later I ordered a digital camera & also had no issues, receiving it within a couple of weeks. Believe me, I have dealt with some shady businesses in the past, but I have no complaints about Peach Direct. My orders were perfect, if a little slow on the shipping. (And no I have no affiliation with the company. Just wanted to tell the other side.)

• Rb
    R B Mac Nov 18, 2007

I also received one of PeachDirects very attractive catalogs and applied for credit. But I was wise I only ordered one small item, a purchase that was under $100.00 so that if I did experience any problems with PeachDirect then I could pay this purchase off quickly and walk away from them free and clear of any after affects. As for ordering in the future right now they have my business.

• We
    wendy macedo Nov 01, 2007

At first I will admit my experience was bad!! I hated Peach Direct... but because of Dean Kim I cannot complain. He has always been there to help me and answer all questions. He has gone out of his way to make Peach Direct a great company. Thank you Dean for all your help!!!

Wendy M.

• Kh
    Khalel Oct 26, 2007

Dean ... you the man...

• Pa
    Paul M. Guy Oct 17, 2007

I was offered a credit limit that made me feel that all the hard work and discipline I put into cleaning my credit record up finally paid off.. I'll be playing with the "upper-crust" of society with that kind of credit.
    I should of known better than to think somebody is gonna just me all that money.
    I ordered a desktop and monitor after replying to the catalogue I got in the mail.
    My name, credit limit and authorization code were totally exposed for anyone to see.. THAT IS THE FIRST THING I SAW.
    I hope (PEACHDIRECT) is legitimate so I can continue on my path to "Financial Harmony"

• Da
    David Pantaleon Oct 12, 2007

The people that say that they got their stuff are people that work on Peach Direct. Don't believe them i have been waiting 6 months!!! Every one should contact some sort of authority, attorney or something to end this scam once and for all!

• Sh
    Shirley L Choat Oct 05, 2007

This is just a note to tell you that Peach Direct has already refunded the $128.00, I had reported them to BBB in Calif. and they did the trick, I just checked my credit card and the money was refunded this morning. It really does pay to complain and complain until you get results, if none of you have had any results look up the BBB for Los Angeles, Callif. and they will help you get the results you need. Thanks again for letting me tell my story.

• Sh
    Shirley L Choat Oct 04, 2007

In the last of May-first of June, I ordered a computer package from Peach Direct, while ordering this latest computer on the market the sales person told me I would need to order SPEAKERS with this as it did not have built-in-speakers. I questioned this and she assured me it did not so like a fool I said go ahead and send them too. So along came all of my order in a timely fashion and I find out when grandson hooked it all up that I was taken for a Sucker!! It did have built in speakers, just like I thought. Well I called Customer Service and nicely explained what had happened and I did not want the speakers, they assured me a return label would be on the way, weeks later I called again, after the third call I received the label and I sent the speakers back. these speakers cost $128.00, NOW I cannot get them to remove them from my credit card or send me a refund, I have called and called, even wrote to headquarters and now I have turned it over to the Better Business Bureau in Calif. Today I heard of [email protected] and I just a few minutes ago sent him an email if he doesn't help I guess I have been suckered for $128.00.

An expensive lesson and I had been going to order the biggest screen television later, now I am afraid to.

• Th
    Thomas Sep 29, 2007

I am an new customer, and havent bought a thing or order with Peach direct. Had a similar exprience with a "Customer Service" Although, after reviewing all the complaints, I must say someone should contact the "Better Business Bearul" And contact: ""Date Line-NBC "" or CBS, or ABC News Corp. (Ask to direct your call to the consumer frudulant dept.) (or equivlant). You can contact a Web site that handles all frudelant practices in the US. Yes they will help you as well. Today federal requlators are scoping thses practices due to "Homeland Security" Again contact the Media listed above. This might be a story that they want to do, in addition, you'll help others and gain fame in doing so!!

Best of all and good luck !

Thanks for all your forwarning here(Complints) !!

Thomas

D. Kim Sep 27, 2007

Peach Direct is dedicted to ensuring that our customers receive the best products and service. We have taken a very proactive approach in contacting customers on this website and have been successful in resolving most of their issues.

If there is anything we can do to improve your experience, please contact us right away.

D. Kim Sep 27, 2007

Our customers will soon be able to track the status of their orders in real time. Until then, should you have questions regarding the status of your orders, please feel free to contact our customer service department at (866) GET-PEACH.

If you have any escalated concerns or issues, please email me directly and I would be more than happy to assist.

D. Kim Sep 27, 2007

We have made great strides to ensure the best possible service for all of our customers. Should you have any uresolved issues, we would appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We look forward to hearing from you all.

• Bi
    bill payer Sep 21, 2007

I received a catalog in the mail with a preapproved line of credit from GE Bank. I ordered a Dell Laptop and waqs told for 3 weeks that my computer was waiting for ups to pick it up, then I waqs told that my computer was shipped, and after 4 weeks again they blamed UPS. I canceled that order and placed a second order for a more expensive laptop, and it was immediately shown as released for shipment. After being told it had been shipped, I called back the next day and was told it was on backorder and could be another month before shipping. When I called last night to cancel the rep laughed and said I had not waited long enough and that my comouter would arrive on Sept. 24, but he had no UPS tracking info. They lie , they do not answer emails, and they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. I finally went out yesterday and bought a very nice laptop fpr $650.00 with a 1 year warranty that PD wanted $139.00 for. They are a rogue company, and I would advise anyone not to be taken in by the nice pictures and the promises of 2-3 week delivery. Peach Direct has no inventory at all. They wait until the bank that extends you credit to pay them then they buy the item you ordered and add more to the actual price we can buy the items ourselves for. GE Bank is a reputable bank and they do not extend credit to people with bad credit. I advise anyone who is thinking of placing a order read all about this company. Chances are you will not get anything but aggravation and lies, but not the item you ordered. Take my advice, I learned the hard way!!!

D. Kim Sep 17, 2007

We appreciate the opportunity many of you have given us to prove that we truly care for our customers.

If there is anything we can do to improve on your personal experience with Peach Direct, please contact me directly and I will do my absolute best to provide you with the best possible service.

D. Kim Sep 17, 2007

Peach Direct values its' customers and wants to ensure the best possible shopping experience for everyone.

Should you have any unresolved issues, please contact me directly, so that I may get them quickly resolved.

Sandra,

I would like the opportunity to assist. Even if your issue as already been resolved, please contact me so that we may ensure that this never happens again.

Customers should not be charged 20% restock fees for damages that are reported right away. If you have similar issues or need further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly. I would be more than happy to help.

D. Kim Sep 16, 2007

Due to the volume of customers contacting us, we are not always able to reply immediately, but every customer is contacted and every issue is resolved.

If you need assistance, please feel free to contact me and I would be more than happy to assist.

Mr. Strickland,

I am very sorry to hear that you were given conflicting information by our customer service department. I have been trying to contact you in order to resolved your issue, but have not heard back.

We are working hard to update our system so that customers can track the status of their shipments in real time. In the meantime, if it has been over two weeks since you placed your order and need assistance checking the status of your order, please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to assist.