PartStore.com / bad store wrong part no exchange

Do not do business with PartStore.com, the worst online store.
Info wasn't clear, wrong delivery, poor customer service, refused to exchange or refund.
Worst experience of online purchase!!!

Comments

2nd of Apr, 2009

I order a part for my Sony speaker tower and was given the wrong part. I call for a return and was given an RMA# but did not get a return address.
    The CSR told me that I should be receiving a return label from UPS and when do so to put that over the old label for sending back the package.

To no avail, I still did not receive any label so I call them to find out where my label is at. They told me that they don't send out any return label and that
    it's my fault for giving them the wrong part #. I told them what I was looking for and they say that this is the right part so does that mean it's my fault?

Its now over the 30 days return policy and they will not accept the merchandise. It took 8 days for the part to get to me so that counts toward the 30 days mark.

The CSR that took my call told me that the original CSR stated in the system that she gave me a shipping instruction with the return address which was a LIE!
    I wrote down the RMA# that was given to me, I'm sure I can write the address too!

Now I'm stuck with the part I can't use and I'm out $$$$! This Partstore.com is a scam, they get you to pay up front and send you the wrong part and mislead
    you on the shipping instruction and wait until time expired and won't take the part back. DON'T ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

• Pa
      5th of Aug, 2009

I too ordered from them and am I sorry. I gave them the model # of my tv, they put most of it into their computer. then sent me the wrong part. I told them what happened, they gave me an RMA #, I read them the part # off of the board I had and they said they would send me the right one. I got the same part again. I was told when I called that they will email me the return tag. I asked when I can expect to see my refund and they told me 1-2 billing cycles. When I asked how long a billing cycle is they told me 1 month. 1-2 MONTHS?!?!? I have to wait up to 60 days to get my money back?

Note: When I repeated the model number back to the CSR they changed it in the computer and told me they can't get the correct part. They lied to me in the first place saying they had the part when in reality they don't even have it, nor can they get it. So now they have wasted 3 weeks of my time (so far) and have almost 300 dollars of my money which they won't return for 2 whole months.

DO NOT buy from this "company" under any circumstances! You have been warned. : )

• Do
      11th of Feb, 2010

I needed a new ignitor and bottom for my oven since my oven went bad on Thanksgiving. Before mid December, I ordered my much needed parts. The bottom was on backorder, but PartStore.com did not reflect this on their website. Not having received the parts except for a cleaning product that I happened to add to the order, I called to see why things had not shipped. They told me THEN that it was on back order and would ship within a week. Finally I received an email regarding this. I waited. Still nothing. Now it is the New Year! Having called a second time, I find out the bottom piece is still on back order. Because the rest of the order is coming from the same warehouse, it is keeping the much needed ignitor piece from shipping. I am told that they will separate the pieces so that the ignitor will ship and the bottom piece will come from a different warehouse. This ignitor piece will ship out in two days I am told. A week later, nothing. Finally a supervisor says she'll do the same thing, but by now I have no faith in the company to be able to deliver. I cancel the whole order. But this is not all, they made an unauthorized transaction on my credit card charging shipping when there was supposed to be free shipping. They will not reimburse me for this. One of their sales representatives said a product can be back ordered for up to a year or more. It seems wrong to let the customer think they can receive a product from them when they know such a situation and don't reflect it on their website.

• Bz
      19th of Feb, 2010

After purchasing a dishwasher part and receiving the wrong item from PartStore.com, I came across this post. I was very disappointed withen opening my delivery because I asked the guy on the phone SIX times if this was the right part. We were even looking at the same schematic on the screen, so I don't know how this got mixed up, but it did. I did not have a great feeling calling for an RMA but I got a big surprise. The rep on the phone said I could just keep the items and I would receive full credit. I guess for $7, they decided it wasn't worth sending back. I'll keep an eye on my card to see if I actually get the credit...lol!

• Pe
      18th of Nov, 2010

I returned an item UNOPENED within 3 days (which fit with their policy). They replied that their warehouse said the part was installed. After fighting to get an explanation of HOW the part could have been installed, and getting an admission finally that the part was returned unopened and my money would return, they have shut down their customer service phone line and have no responded.

Even though I've lost $182, there is a large number of people who have been ripped off from this store. Someone has to stand up for us.
    If you or anyone you know has been ripped off by Partstore, you can join a burgeoning a class-action lawsuit by writing an email to PeopleVsParstore@gmail.com.

• Di
      5th of Dec, 2015

I ordered Maytag dryer parts on Saturday 11/28, . I check my bank statement and saw a pending transaction; all is well. Received pkg on Tuesday 12/1. Wow, that was quick. Here comes the problem. Today, 12/5, I check my statement again, and see two POSTED transactions for the same amount. I call PartStore, and of course, it's a third party from a foreign country. All he could say is, "Don't worry, we'll take care of it." But he couldn't tell me how or when it would be taken care of. HELL, I want my money back. He kept telling me that they only charged me once, but they issued a refund on 12/3, which doesn't make any sense. He said that the first transaction is a "Hold" for the amount. The second one is the actual charge. However, I never saw a second "pending" transaction on my account. He couldn't give me a reference number or anything to indicate a refund was in process. If I don't see the refund pending or posted on my account by 12/8, I am going to dispute the transaction with my bank. I will probably be sorry for allowing them these extra few days. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt.