Palisades Collection / Harassing calls

This company calls my house 1-3 times a day almost every day. When I answer, it goes to a recording. They never tell me what it is about.

If I do not answer, a message is left to call. When I call it is automated and I never get a real person. The message never says who the message is for.

I don't really know what or who this company is about. The only reason I know this company is the one is because the 800 numbers match my caller id and the one found on the site.

I am not happy with all the calls because they are so annoying and after months of this there have been messages that never say who the call is directed to.

Va

Comments

• Sh
      2nd of May, 2008

I got calls every day from Palisades only they never said "Palisades Collection". It took awhile, but I finally got a person on the phone. She asked my phone number, when I gave it to her she asked for a person I'd never heard of before. I told her that I the person she was looking for didn't live at our number, luckily she said okay and I haven't heard from them since.
    Keep trying to call them, they buy collection accounts from banks, stores, other collection agencies and pay them a small percent of what a person owes. Then they try to collect the full amount owed by that person. It's a scam, but from what I've read it's legal. The website clarkhoward.com has a lot of good information. He's a radion talk show host who gives consumer advice and information.

• Ne
      9th of Jul, 2008

I am getting the same thing happening to me. How do you stop these automated phone calls?