Oriental Trading/Easy Saver / Unauthorized Subscription

Oakdale, MN, United States Review updated:
I placed an order for beads supplies through Oriental Trading, I was then charged $1.00 for joining Easy Saver. I don't recall clicking yes to a subscription, then I was charged $14.95 for the next month. I immediately emailed them, when I saw the charge, to cancel this subscription and refund my charge. Time will tell, if not I will contact my bank to pursue the clearing of this charge.

Comments

Li
  3rd of Jan, 2009
I too placed an on-line order with Oriental Trading and never again. I placed my order and was then asked if I wanted to save $15.00 on my next order, I clicked yes, was then asked for my zip code and was then congratulated on becoming a member of Easy Saver! $1.95 for the first month, then $14.95 per month there after. I researched Easy Saver immediately and realized I had just been scammed! I contacted my credit card company and then Oriental Trading and hopefully I will not be charged! I do not blame Easy Saver, I blame Oriental Trading for "tricking" a loyal customer for 15 plus years for scamming! I will NEVER order from them again. I am a teacher and I have notified my school of this and they too will not use Oriental Trading again! I hope the news phone calls to my credit card company to try and straighten thing out!
We
  5th of Jan, 2009
I actually contacted (via email) Easy Saver on the day after this posted and today I received the reply below: I can't believe it. I must've caught the scam in time. Unfortunately, I've already cancelled and been reissued a new card.

Oakdale, MN

Thank you for contacting Membership Services!
As requested, we have canceled your membership and issued a credit in the
amount of $14.95 back to your account.

This credit is being processed today, and you will see it applied to your
account once it has completed the banking cycle.

We appreciate you taking the time to review the membership and if we can
be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us
by email at customerservice@encoremarketing.com.

Sincerely,
Online Membership Services
Ca
  26th of May, 2009
what the heck... im so upset.. i just finished ordering and then put my zip code. becasue who the heck doesnt want $15 off their next order... then it told me im a member.. i was like hold up a minute... does anyone have a number to contact them... im looking for it as i type... never again.
Fy
  4th of Nov, 2009
Easy Savers? First you ask me to save $15.00 and get me to say yes! Then you charge me $14.95 for the fallowing months. I called and complained! They reimbursed me for 4 months. I am really disappointed in myself for ever using Oriental Trading! I guess this is one more persons business they won’t be getting!
Hu
  28th of Dec, 2009
I purchased a few thing form Oriental trading in April and after checkout a popup came up offering $15 off my next order. I entered my email and zip and was told it would charge me and enter me into a program to save I instantly xed out and never entered any additional information.
I was charged $14.95 for 9 months before I noticed... I called the 800 number listed on my bank charge 800-444-9800 and was told they could refund 2 of the charges and I thought great!! then ended up calling back the same day and talking to someone else who told me they could refund a total of 5. then they refunded the next 3 . I then asked how to get them all removed and after holding for 10 mins and ### a lot I recieved a full refund. I did threaten to call the better bussiness burea as well.
The woman said that by entering my email I had given permission via a e-signature... makes no sence to me
Da
  27th of Jul, 2010
I ended up with 9 x $14.95 charges before I noticed, they agreed to cancel and refund 2 charges and after escalating they agreed to credit 3 more (total of 5). They still stole $60 from me and my wife has probably ordered over $1000 with oriental trading over the last year - they just lost future business, I hope they lose a lot more business than what they make by supporting this scam.
Pa
  17th of May, 2011
I was scammed by Oriental Trading as well and only just realized that I had been charged the $14.95 a month for almost 3 years!!! When I was scammed I clicked to save $10.00 on my next order thinking it was a plan for loyal customers. I NEVER AGREED to a memebership. I was charged $14.95 for absolutlely NOTHING! I never received any discounts, or coupons, or ANYTHING! Only after I reviewed my Debit card statement with my husband, did he ask what that charge has been for...and I realized that something was fishy. Be careful, and learn from my mistake. Oriental Trading has lost my business FOREVER. When I called the number for EASY SAVER/online membership services 1-888-303-9543 I talked to several people before they would escalate my complaint to a Customer affairs person. Everyone I spoke to had an Indian accent. They said they were from PA, which I doubt. Get names, don't give up and contact consumer protection and the BBBB on this matter.
Up
  16th of Sep, 2014
When placing an order through Oriental Trading for our Company, I was told that since I had ordered over $200 I qualified for one of the following: Free Gift" $15./Off, or Free Shipping (reference code WCE 1861). I chose the Free Shipping.

Unfortunately, we have been billed on a monthly basis for sometime now an amount of $14.95 and just caught this charge when reviewing Credit Card statements. This is absolutely a scam.

Oriental Trading Logo Oriental Trading