Optima Battery / Battery

milwaukee WI, US

I purchased 2 Optima Blue Top batteries at $235.00 each on 12/9/14 at Mike's Marine in Panacea, FL. At the end of February 2017, the batteries would no longer take a charge and registered only 6 volts. Mike's Marine referred me to Interstate All Battery Center in Tallahassee, FL. The representative checked the batteries and determined that one battery only reached 6 volts when charged and the other would charge to 12 volts but within 48 hours it would drop to 6 volts. The representative at Interstate said the batteries were beyond the 2 year replacement warranty. It appears that the batteries may have a short.
I sent an email to Optima with a response that indicated how to charge the batteries. My wife telephoned Optima and spoke with Mary Jo who basically read the email to my wife and said there was nothing to be done. My wife asked to speak to someone higher than Mary Jo and was informed that she made those decisions. I also sent two additional emails to other addresses at Optima with no response.
I have all of my documentation if needed.
Therefore, I am continuing my quest to resolve the situation through a refund or replacement batteries. I also wish to alert other consumers to be aware of this company and product.
I am very disappointed in the quality of this product and am requesting that Optima honor the warranty. I have owned and operated boats all my life and believe a marine battery should have a longer life span than just over 2 years.

Lo