Onstar / unauthorized charges and useless service
I bought a 2008 Saturn Astra which came with Onstar. The only time I ever authorized my credit card to be used by Onstar was to purchase minutes for the cellular service. After a few attempts at using the navigation system, I gave up because the directions were usually wrong and sometimes sent me to another town when asked a simple question like " where is the closest Target?" At the end of the first year I noticed a charge from Onstar and was told because there were emergency services involved - they have the right to bill me for services without mu authorization. Even though I had never authorized Onstar to use my credit card because the cellular service is from Verizon.
More Onstar Complaints & Reviews
- Onstar.com - Unhappy with OnStar service! 
- Onstar - they sent survey card can't log on 
- Onstar - Misleading information
- Onstar - Customer service 
- Onstar - refund to Visa credit card
- Onstar - renewal fraud
- Onstar - the fees! and no multi car family discount...
- Onstar - didn’t work when needed
- on star - False charging
- Onstar - unaccptable service