Onlingo / No refunds issued

Were not willing to issue refund when product returned within specified time. Absolutely unwilling to work with customers.

Shoddy business, at best.

Ai

Comments

Is
  13th of Oct, 2009

Onlingo uses risky advertising techniques compiled with poor customer service policies. It took two lengthy calls to cancel and three calls so far to try and get a complete refund. You are setting yourself up to make a $100+ mistake if you order from this company.

Here is what you’re in for if you order 1 CD:
$6.95 shipping and handling fee; a week later you’ll receive the CD; one more week and you’ll get charged $87.55. $94.50 = total cost of one CD. If you choose to return it unopened you’ll pay the returned shipping costs and receive a $67.55 refund. Basically a ‘return to sender’ scenario with them will cost you about $40.

Here’s my experience with Onlingo so far:

I received my CD and luckily did not open it (still wrapped in clear plastic just as is arrived). You can not simply ‘return to sender’. Instead you must find a phone number for Onlingo, give them a call, and request a Return Authorization number. The service rep. that cancels your account will tell you “you’ll be refunded in full in 7-10 days”. I paid for the return shipping with a delivery confirmation required (another $9.00 out of my pocket). A week or so later I received a refund for $67.55 ($20 less than what I was charged.) It turns out ONLINGO CHARGED A $20 RESTOCKING FEE FOR AN UNOPENED CD. After escalating my call to a manager they decided to ‘make an exception for me’ and agreed to refund the remaining $20 which I still have not received.

I’m not sure if the CD is a good language learning tool, but I am assuming the product is as ### as their shady company policies.