• Do
    DonnerParty Jan 04, 2012

Canceled my card!!! Only way to get this mess to go away.

• Da
    Danett Apr 22, 2011

After purchasing product, I decided against it and cancelled literally 10 minutes after I called to order. They said it had already shipped and I was to be charged the shipping. They instructed me to return with confirmation number within 45 days of receipt. I returned it within the time period and was still charged $86.00 when I never opened the product. They stated that they didn't have to product and needed me to go to the Post Office to figure out what happened. Once I got the information they needed it took 10 days to receive my refund and turns out their wherehouse personal signed for it per post office tracking but that the person did not scan it so thats why they thought they didn't have the merchandise when in fact they did and were very quick to take my money but took sweet time returning it when it was there mess up to begin with. Advise people to stay away from Onlingo there are other companies that aren't as shady.

• Ju
    Julie Villani Mar 30, 2011

Returned 2 lessons unopened and did not receive refund

• Hu
    Husky Feb 02, 2011

My 18 year old was mislead by Olingo, he thought he was doing a survey to win laptop... It started in December, with the $6.95 now he has had several anauthorized debit card payments taken from his account over last month by Onlingo, amounting to over $250 in less than 2 months. This went from a one time $6.95 payment to $89.90 every 25 days, something he had no idea about. He is a minor here in our state but Onlingo or a representative told me last night we have no recourse as he is legal in the state of California. The Internet is not in our juristriction so they can do anything basically ... I have had to cancel his debit card as I'm afraid they will take more money.. this should have been one time $6.95 S&H for a CD. My son is very hardworking, careful with money too so this is so upsetting. He is saving for college and this money could have bought a book.. he works, go to school, and is no trouble and there is no way this action was legit by this company.. Our bank cannot believe what happened, they told me to put freeze on his account and cancel his debit card. I'm Trying to get this sorted now. Onlingo offered to cancel this whole thing last night, I have several ref #'s several first names.. I was told if I sent last CD back they would give me a refund of $79 but that's it and they were trying to be nice...or courtious.. in all I spoke with 4 people and hung up on twice...What worries me is I was told later in converstaion that if we cancel his debit card we probably won't get any money back at all, as they will not send it by mail only put it back in the account ... I have sent back CD today, to see if we can get at least $79.. I really don't think he will get a penny back the way they were talking to me .. please. is there anything we can do to get the $280 back ??????.

• Ro
    Ron Witman Oct 26, 2010

Just called Onlingo. Got right through. Spoke with their representative. I expressed my displeasure. Told him I did not order the CDs and asked what could be done. The guy " Pringle" was O.K. He first offered to refund $65.00 of the $172.00 I had been charged. I refused and told him I would go to the credit card company and dispute the charges. He then stated that he would refund all of the charges including shipping and would send me an email to that effect. WOW a very different approach than what I read. This company is seems has changed it's approach or maybe I was luckly enough to get the right person. The guy was very pleasent. I was very concerned due to the above comments but it worked out very well, hope it works for you.

• Ki
    kipluck Aug 17, 2010

It is near impossible to cancel with in the trial period.

• Mo
    Mogdele Jun 08, 2010

I called my bank (CitiBank) right away and a very helpful woman from the resolutions dept. called the number for Onlingo that they had on record. She did a three way call with me on the line and they emailed me a return label with code on it right away. They have just returned most of my money (20.00 short) so now I have to chase down the rest. I'll go through my bank again. Hope this helps.

• Mm
    mmjfirst May 05, 2010

I consider myself pretty savvy and I was taken in by this crap. So I called my bank and cancelled the card immediately. Inconvenient, yes, but at least they won't get my money.

And I learned a lesson.Besides reading the fine print, do a web search to see if the company has tons of complaints as I did here AFTER the fact. My bad.

• De
    debspt57 Apr 06, 2010

I ordered my CD a week ago. I just called and cancelled my subscription. The employee was very polite and helpful. She gave me an RMA number over the phone and also sent me a mailing label via email. The phone was answered on the second ring. I got a recording and I was speaking with someone within 15 seconds. I haven't seen any problems yet.

Maggie 2345 Feb 04, 2010

Wow! I thought it would be a great trial disc. However, I was charged and twenty-some days later charged again for a Disc 2 eventhough I returned the first disc. They have refused to take the return and charged me for 2 discs. Since I believed this was returned, my account was charged $35 in overdraft fees because they charged me for both discs, and refuse to credit. Although the trial disc was offered, I should have not even entered into this fradulant business. Very Disappointed. Buyer Beware!

• Ha
    hayleylindsey Feb 01, 2010

Onlingo is an optional purchase in a nearly impossible feat to win a free laptop. My daughter, thinking she was helping with Christmas shopping, subscribed to Onlingo. The trial is FIVE days. That's an impossible amount of time to get to know a product and return it, even had I wanted it. Then, our bank statement showed an additional charge of 94.50 and I have not even received merchandise. When I called to complain, they said that we had agreed to the terms and conditions and could not do anything about it. I don't even have the product that they have billed me for! They said the only way to cancel the charge is through the bank. They were unwilling to simply agree to reverse the charge and cancel the account. If they believed in their product, they would not have such restrictive limits on their "free" trial, and they would not bill without product in place and communication via e-mail verifying that there is in fact a customer who would like their product.

• So
    sopheow Jan 11, 2010

Dear whoever own this email,

I know this is illegal or whatever, but I'm only 12 and I saw onlingo on one of those sponsors to fill out on a macbook air contest...well i used my parents' credit card and it said it ONLY charged 6.95$ well i checked the email they sent and it said 79$ a month!
    I will be in so much trouble but i am capable of doing whatever it takes to cancel it before it shows up on my mom's statement.

Please, please, please, help me.
    I don't know what to do.
    Please reply and tell me how to cancel it.

Regards,

Sophie

PS. I am so screwed.

• Ju
    julielmom Dec 04, 2009

I agreed to the trial knowing I was also signing up for the subscription. I called after I received the charge for the first shipment and explained I knew I was on the hook for the $24.95 but to please cancel any future shipments. They agreed, but stupid me, I did not get confirmation. This month I was charged for $94.50, have not received any product yet, and they are now telling me all sales are final. When I called, the customer service agent said I never called before because there was nothing in the computer. Now I have worked in customer service for health insurance and know how hard it is to deal with angry people, so, while I did let him know I was mad, I made sure to tell him I was not blaming him, something got messed up and would he please cancel my subscription. He tried to sell me on a longer time between shipments, then basically called me a liar. Onlingo is not only crap, but they do not train their customer service agents on how to deal with "difficult people".

• Ki
    Kiriyo Sep 11, 2009

I signed up as part of one of those ads to get a free laptop - I quickly decided that the required offers were too much $$ for my liking. I called Onlingo this morning (after signing up last night) and the woman on the phone was very nice. She still tried to pursuade me to keep the trial, then tried to sell the progrtam to me for $24.95 instead of $79.95, but when I insisted she agreed to refund my $6.95. If there are any problems I'll come back and let you know, but so far so good.

• Cr
    crazyknarf Sep 05, 2009

buyer beware. There is a restocking fee in their terms. Some places will not give your money back. Try any software that is open and try to return it at a store. Only if it is not working, then they give you the same thing. No returns on all Software. They are worried that you copied the info and wanted to return it and get your money back.

The term states "START YOUR FREE TRIAL TODAY." Not when you receive the items. This is how the business makes their money. Make sure you read the Terms before buying anything.

• Li
    Liz T. Sep 03, 2009

I agreed to try Onlingo to pursue learning conversational Spanish. The company said I would have a 14 day trial period. The truth is I had less than 7 days. The trial starts at the time of order, not at the the time the customer recieves the product. They charged my credit card $80 dollars the same day that I called to cancel my trial. I called to cancel on day 7 (well before day 14). I am returning the product but they are keeping $20 for re-stocking. What a FRAUD! Do not use Onlingo and warn all your friends!

S Ash Sep 01, 2009

I WAS able to cancel, and receive a reimbursement for the $79.95 subsequent charge (after the original $6.95 I thought I was ordering). At least I believe I will receive that reimbursement.

I just called the [protected] number and got an immediate customer service person on the line.

Initially she refused several times to refund any money, stating that I had "agreed" to request a refund within the two week trial period upon receipt of the CD. Of course I never saw anything about the 2 week trial period, or the subsequent charges of $79.95.

After refusing several times and my asking several times if there was no other recourse for refund available she said that she could give me a partial refund of $24.95.

I told her that I would take a moment to consider if I would pay the $24.95 or contact the Better Business Bureau directly instead. She IMMEDIATELY said that I had spent enough time on this matter and that she would refund the $79.95 fee, and also cancel my subscription for further materials/charges.

Supposedly there will be a reimbusement to my credit card within 1-14 business days. Supposedly confirmation will be sent to me via e-mail.

She was very businesslike and kind, but until I pressured with contacting the Better Business Bureau she was not going to budge on the refund.

(S. Ash 9/1/09)

shannon mikesell Aug 29, 2009

I just spoke to rep and a supervisor who were both very uncooperative! They will not help get my money back and insist that i misunderstood the agreement even though i never received there cd. Are there any lawyers looking into this company? I would love to file a class action suit against them!

shannon mikesell Aug 29, 2009

my account is now over 200 dollars overdrawn and i never received their cd plus when i ordered it it was 5.95 and they charged my acct. 75.95 im a single mom and need every cent i have i was hoping it would help my kids in school and instead they cant get their school clothes and supplies!!! this company needs to be shut down shame on them!!!

• As
    Ashley2 Aug 28, 2009

[protected] this is the number for them that i got from my bank. it only took a few minutes to reach someone and fully cancel.

onlingo Aug 06, 2009

I TOTALLY AGREE THAT ONLINGO IS A SCAM. THE PERSON I TALKED WITH "EVIAN" WAS OBNOXIOUS, RUDE, AND TOTALLY UNCOOPERATIVE. I ALSO DID NOT RECEIVE ALL THE CD'S HE CLAIMED WERE SENT TO ME. ALSO, THEY CHARGED MY CARD WEEKS BEFORE THEY MAILED THE CD'S AND THEREFORE CLAIM THE 30 DAY GRACE PERIOD WAS PAST.

I WISH THERE WAS A WAY TO ALERT EVERYONE TO THE FACT THEY ARE LIARS AND CHEATS.

• Kc
    kcaruso Jul 30, 2009

Onlingo just makes it practically impossible to cancel I just called and got someone fairly quick but had to be super forceful for them to shut up and finally cancel on me. As a college student I couldn't afford the 70+dollars that they are charging for such poor service. Very frustrating.

onlingorocks Jul 14, 2009

Oh and you can EASILY contact the customer service representatives and they will work with you according to the return policy!!! Nothing in life it free...always look into what you sign up for!

onlingorocks Jul 14, 2009

When you sign up for Onlingo you CHECK a box that says you read the terms and conditions. If you didn't that's your fault. It is explained in plain English how the program works! READ READ READ people. It's not fraud and not a scam. Peace out.

• Ni
    Nick Jun 16, 2009

Call lasted 4:44
    [protected]

Immediately got on with a customer service guy. He told me that it was discounted (the first CD that I was going to get) only $24 something... so considering I like languages, I figured it'd be a cheap way to learn a little bit of another language. I agreed, he shut down my account so there'd be no more shipping or billing. We're good to go. Seriously, one of the best customer service calls I've ever had. No jokes. :)

Oh, and I just got an email that everything was canceled and shut down. :) Cake.

• Ke
    Kevin Smith May 15, 2009

On 05/12/09, I ordered a language course in Russian, on 05/14, I received a second copy of a Spanish course that I had ordered & received early. I wish to return the Spanish course, and receive my Russian course ASAP! Thank you. Kevin D. Smith

• Vi
    victoria May 04, 2009

i too was scammed by onlingo.com and am being charged for items i do not wish to recieve. i was able to contact a customer care representative within seconds earlier today to cancel my order but still have to pay for shipping. i also emailed ctanner and bklaus in hopes to get to the bottom of the situation. i have notified my lawyer and card company. hopefully this does not get out of hand. i am considering putting something together to warn people of this companies fraud and dishonesty. and would like some support...

christina posey Apr 27, 2009

onlingo sucks-havent opened up the package-but I ve just received my second(unwanted )cd-I too, just wanted the first one, i THINK i GOT SUCKERED IN BY DOING A SURVEY AS WELL... NOW I HAV TWO-!! i DO HAVE A PHONE NUMBER, WHICH i got off my bank statement- it's [protected]-m-f 6a to 5:30p and sat 7-3:30, I'm putting disputes thru to my bank, and telling them that these are unauthoerized charges... I'll closemy bank account if necessary, screw onlingo, I dont want to learn french THATbad!!!

• To
    tomsei72 Mar 28, 2009

I ordered a CD, but it was part of a survey where i had to complete 2 offers. I can't afford to pay anything, so I was looking for free offers and this was one I found. I got the CD a few days later, played it once, and lost interest. And now I found out the $80 was taken off my card. They might try to say it was in the ad, but if I knew it was only a trial offer, I never would have ordered it. And now that I want to send it back, I can't find anything that supports their "guarantee".

• Ri
    Richard Mar 20, 2009

I got scammed as well. Have 3 unopened CD packages which I WILL GET A REFUND FOR. LIke someone mentioned, Onlingo's parent company is Syndero Inc. Here's all the contact info I found on them. I hope this helps people resolve their issues. Don't back down...they can't hide!

(Main contact for Onlingo)
    Dan Ellis

99 Rhode Island Street - 1st floor
    San Francisco, CA 94103, US
    Phone: +1.[protected]

General Inquiries:

For all general information about Syndero please contact us
    through the following email or phone number below.
    Media Inquiries:

For all media inquiries, please contact the Syndero Public Relations
    department via the email or phone number below.
    Customer & Product Support:

If you are an existing customer or have any questions regarding any of our
    products please contact us by calling the phone number below.
    Phone: 1.800.747.3046
    Sales & Business Development:

If you are interested in selling our products, or a potential partnership please
    contact through the following email or call the phone number below.

San Francisco - Headquarters

99 Rhode Island Street
    San Francisco, CA [protected]
    Phone: 415.655.8000
    Fax: 415.977.0497

Shelly Brugal Mar 19, 2009

I requested Onlingo's trial offer, but it was never received. I thought nothing of it until the following month when I noticed a charge of $79.95 made to my checking account. When I inquired, Onlingo stated I ordered their product, I told them this was impossible since I did not recieve the the original package. An Onlingo Representative stated they had a tracking number, therefore the package WAS received!

During the past two weeks I have argued with Onlingo in an effort to stop additional charges, in addition I have signed a letter stating my package was never received and fax it to them. Onlingo assured me the $79.95 would be refunded within two business days; it's been a week and I have to receive a refund!

For anyone considering doing business with this company, I say BEWARE! This company is a scam artist and excellent at finding ways to take your money without providing a product. They have also made it virtually impossible of getting your money back if you are not happy with their product.

• Qu
    QuestaGirl Mar 17, 2009

I went to the Better Buisness Bureau website and found the following information. I hope it will help some of you:

Business Contact and Profile

Local Start Date: June 2005
    Entity: Limited Liability Corporation
    Incorporated: July 2005, DE
    Employees: 25
    BBB Accreditation: This company is not a BBB Accredited business.

• Ba
    babatu Mar 13, 2009

I have been unsuccessful in stopping the orders of onlingo languages. I just received #2 yesterday and I will not open it. Please help me reach this company to have them stop automatically sending these languages.

• Br
    Branden Jan 15, 2009

I have received four CDs from Onlingo over the past few months and called to cancel my subscription about five minutes ago. I waited about 30 seconds before my call was answered and asked that my subscription be canceled. I was asked why and offered a promotional discount but rejected the promotion and continued with the cancellation. It took less than five minutes total and I received an email confirmation stating that my subscription was canceled and my bank account would no longer be charged.

• Lo
    Lori Dec 04, 2008

Well, I have a phone number and I talked to customer service. They sent me an e-mail that is supposed to have a print out form of an RMA on it. It sends me to wikipedia and cannot find my information to get the printout. When I first called to cancell they told me to wait and they would send me a package to ship the product back to them. I waited, then I got this e-mail stating that if I did not send it back by a certain date they would charge me for it. I called and told them what they had told me, he told me to print the RMA form and send it back. Well, I can't obtain the form so I will call them again and ship it back. As far as I am concerned. I will be very cautious of anything from Vegas, or Canada from now on. I will not even consider dealing with anyone from the places.

• So
    Someguy Aug 13, 2008

"I received the first package on a Monday and called them on Wed at [protected], pressed 3 for customer service, was immediately connected, received a cancellation tracking #, the reps name, and a confirmation email with return information all in less than 2 minutes. I had read all the horror stories about this company online but if you read the fine print and follow the rules which all companies have to set up, you won't have any problem canceling."

I had the same experience. It was a 1.5 minute phone call and I didn't put up with any resistance. I got what I wanted without any hassle.

James Robert Cotter Jul 30, 2008

does anyone know how to get them to cancel the continuous billing...

• Tr
    Troutman Jul 19, 2008

I was taking an online survey and during this another survey popped up. I believed this to be part of the original survey but now see that is was a total scam. There was an offer to get this Spanish CD for shipping and handling of $6.95 which I thought wasn't bad. How wrong I was! I had been scammed!

In the very small print which basically a disclaimer that states to the effect that you must cancel the order within 24 hours. If you receive you receive the CD you paid $6.95 you have two weeks to call them and cancel otherwise they assume you have given them the right to charge your credit card $70 dollars monthly each time they send you a set of CD's. ALL I WANTED WAS THE $6.95 ONE!!!

I don't know if the program is any good because I haven't opened any of them.

I will say that it is my fault for not reading the VERY SMALL DISCLAIMER at the bottom of the survey!!! Do not fall for this.

I now have 7 sets of CD's that are unwrapped and new. I called Onlingo and they we very polite and said they would only refund the $70 for the latest CD I received. I asked the rep what other re-course I had like the BBB or the Attorney General and then I ended up with a supervisor who in the end stated that they will refund the last two sets for the full $70 each but the 5th set of CD's can only be refunded at $45 because of re-stocking! $25 dollar charge for re-stocking a CD!!! I will have to pay close attention to my credit card statement to make sure this happens.

There is nothing else the supervisor could do so I got off the phone thinking that at least I may get some money back. Thay's yet to be seen. In the meantime I have the 5 other discs unopened that cost $350 that will never be used. The supervisor did politely state that "there is always ebay".

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! The sales method is underhanded at best and is very close to misrepresentation and fraud. They hide behind their "policy" instead of genuine customer service. If this was a food product, or a short-life product, or a hygiene product I could understand not accetping a return, but unopened CD's!!! Give me a break!! Beware!!

If a company has a good product then they shouldn't have to resort to this underhanded way of selling and at the very least take back unused and unopened product from unhappy consumers. If anyone out there has found a way to get their money back or if there is a class action lawsuit I would sure like to know.

• Gd
    G. Dzoba Jun 18, 2008

I must say, that as angry as I was for getting these without wanting more than the "free sample" I got hold of customer service immediately and within 2 minutes cancelled my orders and was off the phone. So customer service was quite good. Now we'll see if they actually stop coming.

• Fb
    fbc Jun 17, 2008

I was wanting to cancel my subscription and was having difficulty determining how to reach OnLingo. As I read the string of comments, I was able to utilize the phone number provided and received an immediate answer to my question regarding canceling my subscription and return the last item received for credit. I received good customer service.