Onewayfurniture.com / 6 reasons I'd never buy from OneWayFurniture.com again!
I recently made the decision to purchase a recliner for my home. After researching various chairs, I selected one that would suit my needs. I chose OneWayfurniture.com because of their lowest price guarantee and their promise of free shipping. Neither of which the company stood by. During my experience with OneWayFurniture.com, I learned:
* it's almost impossible to get anyone on the phone, including to order product
* OneWayFurniture.com products are incredibly overpriced in comparison to other online companies
does not price match, even though stated on the website
* the free shipping is not free, especially if you request a price match
* OneWayFurniture.com supervisors will not return phone calls, even when the customer is told to expect a call back within 24 hours
* to be VERY cautious when providing the company with credit card information when actually placing an order.
* The company may not actually place the order, and come back a week latter asking for more money for the product.
I followed the directions of the telephone sales rep in submitting competitive from similar online furniture companies to one way furniture for a price match. She assured me that one of the supervisors would be back in touch with their response within 24 hours. No one followed up for several days, and I found myself calling repeatedly for a response. Fortunately, I did have the name and extension of the person I first spoke with, and for the next MONTH, I followed with her on a regular basis. At one point, I was told that the company had agreed to one of the two requests for a price match (from two different companies with lower prices), and I provided them with my credit card number and personal information and approved a specific amount for the transaction. A week later, I called back to check on the status, and they informed me that they had changed their minds and were not going to stand by the amount that we had agreed upon. Not only that, but they had not contacted me to let me know of their decision, so I was under the impression that the order for delivery had been placed.
In my experience, I found the company to be deceptive, did not follow-up when promised, untruthful in their advertising and has sub standard customer service. In the years I’ve shopped online, I have never encountered a worse company to deal with. I encountered difficulty calling in, no returned phone calls, reneging on an agreed upon price a week after the order was to be placed, and substantially higher prices. The reason I pursued the product from this company was because of the “free shipping”. If you are going to offer a price match, then offer the price match. If the company is going to offer free shipping, then match the price for the product, and don’t try and include a shipping charge in the deal. When I pointed out that I submitted prices from two competitors, each of which were substantially below the price listed at OneWayFurniture, the company gave every excuse possible as to why they wouldn't match the price. Since the price and shipping options are listed separately on each of the sites, I first compared the actual price of the items.
I would recommend strongly that anyone considering this company do their homework and find another company. Most of the products they offer can, in fact, be found elsewhere for less. I subsequently found the exact same chair, delivered, for several hundred dollars less than what this company wanted to charge me, even with their price guarantees and promises of free shipping.
Based on my experience to date, I would never consider purchasing furniture or products from this company. The fortunately thing for me, however, is that since I teach Marketing and Sales courses at two college business schools, I will be able to use the poor customer service and marketing models exhibited by OneWayFurniture.com in my classes as a good example of how NOT to interact with customers!
More Onewayfurniture.com Complaints & Reviews
- Onewayfurniture.com - Never deliverd no replys 
- One Way Furniture - complaint 
- Onewayfurniture.com - Poor Customer Service
- One Way Furniture - furniture delivery chair
- Onewayfurniture.com - horiffic customer service 
- One Way Furniture - Returns 
- One Way Furniture - Seriously... save yourself a headache and order elsewhere
- One Way Furniture - Can't get my bed order shipped