One West Bank / Not authorized withdrawls

1 Santa Monica, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 305-522-1381

First Federal Bank became One West Bank and I was notified that my mortgage payment would be reduced due to the interest rate being lowered effective February 1, 2010. I was thrilled to receive the news. I have long since had Frist Federal withdraw my monthly mortgage payment from my BofA business account to ensure that the payments where on time. Long track record of good payment history. The initial authorization was for a total of $1, 700.00 which First Federal broke up into two withdrawls of approximately $850.oo each. When One West Bank informed me that my payment was being reduced to $1, 419.46 for interest and principle I assumed that would be the withdrawn amount. One West Bank took out two payments; one for $1, 419.46 and another for $850.00. This caused my account to be overdrawn and inpenaly of some $105.00 in overdraft charges. I immediately contacted One West Bank and explained the situation. the representative asked me to fax proof of the withdrawn amounts and provide a letter to support demand for the return of the $850 and to ask BofA to reverse the overdraft charges. This was in mid February. Nothing was done and I have been given the run around and hands up attitude. Now on March 1st they withdrew the same two amount and refuse to even consider my situation. They are continuing to give me the run around. This is an outrage and they need to be exposed for the business operators that they are. I have documentation to support my claim.

Comments

13th of Dec, 2010

Go to agency that provides oversight (or insures), banks - FDIC - the Better Business Bureau - and your Attorney Generals office.