Omni Jewelcrafters / Terrible Customer Service

Canada, Ontario, Toronto Mississauga Review updated:
Toronto Mississauga
I would NOT recommend this company to anyone looking to sell their jewelry.

I have been looking to sell an engagement ring that was given to me. I have been to a few of the different locations around the GTA that advertise jewelry buying. The offers I have received from 3 other companies averaged about $800.00 for a ring that was originally purchased for $2000.00. I recently herd an advertisement on the radio for a company that guarantees their service and the amount they offer for your jewelry will be more then all the other guys. This company was Omni Jewelcrafters. I was looking forward to doing business with a company that is offering this type of customer service and satisfaction. When I got there the first question I asked the older lady behind the counter was if they were even interested in buying my ring from me. I ask this because there had been 1 place that wasn’t looking for this type of jewelry to buy and he was very nice about it. She answered yes and took the ring into the back where a man was looking it at to make me an offer. While she was back there I could hear them whispering and laughing. That did not make me feel very good. When she came out she offered me $140.00 and when I questioned her she told me that all my 1 carat diamond engagement ring was good for were scraps! She said it in a very rude tone and was speaking down to me.

N  2nd of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Hello to you i'm James The Jeweler in Atlanta, Ga and i also have my own jewelry discussions here under "JEWELRY & WATCHES" i was reading your complaint and i first must say that your $2000 ring would not cost me as a JEWELER the same $2000 because i'm not paying the retail price for it but you are.

I will advise you to get a CERTIFIED JEWELRY APPRAISAL done on this ring that you say is 1ct before you try to sell it to anyone, because an UNBIASED CERTIFIED JEWELRY APPRAISAL will let a jeweler or anyone else know what its' real value is. Unless your diamonds are CLOUDY or have BLACK CARBON SPOTS in them that can be seen without a jeweler's loupe, there's no way that ring would be bought by a jeweler for less than it's FAIR MARKET VALUE or it's REPLACEMENT VALUE. A solitaire 1ct diamond will always be worth more that several smaller diamonds that may equal 1ct, but regardless of that if the diamonds are white & clear to the naked eye you can surely get more than $140 for it.

Should you have any questions for me feel free to contact me and you can also visit my online jewelry blogs at http://jamesisajeweler.blogspot.com
N  2nd of Apr, 2009 by
I was not expecting them to give me retail on my ring. That was not my complaint. My issue was the extremely rude customer service and the unreasonable offer. They treated me like an idiot and wanted me to believe what she was telling me. She wasn’t aware of the fact that I had been to other places until after she gave me her offer.
A  19th of Jan, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
I completely agree with you. Omni Jewellers are rude, arrogant and that includes Jack himself. They do not treat anyone with respect. and they do not give the good customer service other places do. For jack to promote his company the way he does and treats paying customers rudely, makes me sick.
D  12th of Jun, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -4 Votes
I have had nothing but great service from Jack, Avi and the team. They treated me with the utmost respect and professionalism. The ring I bought for my Bride was beautiful. I would highly recommend Omni Jewelcrafters!!! :-)
A  16th of Jun, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
I am still livid about the terrible experience I had at Omni Keele st location few days ago. Never in my life I was offended and mortified by whom I beleive is Jack's son.He should really take a course on how to deal with clients.
I have worked for 40 years in the retail banking business and and expected to treat clients with always a smile and courtesy. I went in to check some south sea black pearls, he showed me just one in the showcase priced at $7250.00 but after doing some calculations price was reduced to $2490.00. I proceeded to inspect the pearls with my glasses and made a simple comment that some flaws were visible and I would like to see others. At this point he abruptly took the pearsl out of my hands and told me to get out and take my business elsewhere and I new nothing about pearls. I was speechless and so hurt that I could not react until I went to my car and actually cried.
Yes maybe I don't know everything about pearls, if I did I would have my own business. That's why we go to a jewler it is his job to educate clients. I also told him that I have several good jewlery including white pearls, coral and a black pearl necklace that I have lost and my intention was to replace it with the insurance settlement, so I wasn't just browsing. He replied""Ho I can see that!" I just want him to know that it's not my habit to were all my jewlwry at once not to look like a Xmas tree. Perhaps he is used to seing all his juish lady clients. I am always suspicious when something is reduced so drastically from the posted price and also all those commercial saying you buy something for x amount and they give you back the same in cash.
I know this will not impact their business, I realize many clients are satisfied including the time my son in law purchased an eternity ring for his wife, but I will spend the rest of my life discouraging people to shop at Omni
A word of advise to people that will shop there, make sure you wear all your best pieces of jewelry, maybe you will not be thrown out of the store. Wasn't there a movie with Julia Roberts when she entered a boutique and was
snobbed by the salepersons? Thank God I have my own Jewler that treats me like a queen. By the way that necklace is featured to-day on the auction and there is no bid for $2490. it is the actual price quoted to me in the store.
You crooks!!!
A  22nd of Jun, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I completely agree with your complaint Pescara . They are arrogant, rude, unprofessional and they dont even have the decency to call a customer back. I have gone thru hell with my engagement ring. I got engaged in December and I have had a total of 7 diamonds fall out all at different times. It was also not centered properly. I WILL NEVER EVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH OMNI AGAIN. ANYONE READING THIS, AND I WILL CONTINUE TO LET EVERYONE I KNOW, AND TELL THEM TO TELL EVERYONE THEY KNOW TO STAY AWAY FROM OMNI JEWELERS. I WILL ALSO BE LETTING THE PAPERS NO HOW I FEEL ABOUT THEIR COMPANY.
D  15th of Sep, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -4 Votes
Both my myself, my wife and my siblings have purchased items at 4 OMNI locations. Each store was a wonderful experience. The service, value and attentiveness was wonderful. We will only shop at OMNI and encourage all our friends to do the same. By the way, we are "middle class" hard working folks from small town Ontario. The items we purchased were inexpensive pieces. Yet, we were treating with respect and a smile!The insensitive comments from the person re the pearls are far from the truth. Shame on you.
N  15th of Sep, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -3 Votes
in fact, please find enclosed an email i received from a neighbour who also went to OMNI. this email was sent to OMNI after his purchase:
Dear OMNI,

I've been so busy since returning from Las Vegas this is the first chance I've had to let you know that my plan was executed flawlessly. I was able to keep my secret until we finished our romantic dinner at Bartolotta Ristorante di Mare. I then started into my little speech and slipped the ring box out of my pocket, opened it and popped the question (there was no room to go down on one knee so I had to improvise). She was totally speechless when she saw the ring - it was an absolute home run. Of course she said yes and the rest of the trip was a blur. ... Liz loves the ring and said I couldn't have picked a better or more appropriate one.
Thanks so much for your help in the selection. With the little bit of information I gave you, you were able to narrow what is truly an overwhelming number of choices down to a manageable few. I could not have made the right selection without your guidance. Rest assured that I will continue to be an Omni customer.
Best regards and many thanks -
D  27th of Sep, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -5 Votes
I absolutley adore OMNI. Jack and Hillel and Avi and the entire staff have been tremendous to my family and the dozens of folks we"ve sent their way. They are, by far, the best pricing that I've seen regardless of the item. I highly recommend OMNI to anyone who needs gift(s). Keep up the good work!
A  22nd of Nov, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Very disappointed. I went there today, looking for an engagement ring setting to use with my disceased mother's engagement rings diamond. I understand they may not be in the business of settings, but the rudeness was unbelievable.
N  2nd of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I too have had a bad experience at Omni. I found the staff rude and they treated me like a pauper. Their prices are overinflated and if you watch the auctions it seems very fishy when items all of a sudden go up and up. I believe that they are doing the bidding themselves . Do they think we're stupid?
N  11th of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Beware! Omni trolls these boards and makes up positive comments.
N  11th of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
So-called customer commentator "Stealth Pilot" is affiliated with Omni and trolls all the complaint sites trying to neutralize negative comments and put a positive spin on their sad company.
What kind of company calls people stupid?
N  16th of Dec, 2010 by
Just scornfully swat that malevolent green fly whose * husband * on Quatloos forums, bmielke(the lawnmower ruler), cathulhu(in rattlesnakes boots) are comfortably scoffing at us.

Aliases obviously ignored by the Quatloos gens.
N  30th of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Omni - all I can say is something doesn't add up when a business spends so much money on advertising and then offers rock bottom prices. It doesn't take a economist to point the finger at sub-quality products.
A  21st of Jul, 2011 by
I know these posts are old, but it seems to still be true. On weekends I like to dress down and relax, especially with the heatwave we're having. I do t drive a fancy car because a car is just something that gets me to point B from point A. I had gone to Omni to look for an engagement ring and I guess I was a book judged by it's cover. I have money, but with the exception of my watches and sunglasses you'd never know. Let me say that if anyone on my staff ever acted like that to a customer (or even avendor) I would have fired them. I'm spreading the word that this place, which will be easy. I do wedding photography on the side, and my daughter is a wedding planner.
A  5th of Dec, 2011 by
I went to the location at Keele st. When I walked in I was greeted by a pleasant elderly man who went to the back to find a diamond similar to what I was inquiring about. As I was awaiting his return a middle aged Jewish guy drove a young couple out of the store with his rude remarks. He took over my inquiry and had me leaving the store without making a purchase in under a minute. I’ve never seen such terrible business practice. I wouldn’t recommend that place to anyone.
N  8th of May, 2012 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
OMNI is horrible. The staff are rude and simply terrible - that should alone make you walk out of the store. The quality of their stock is poor and overpriced - anyone who thinks they bought a great piece should get a quality independent appraisal - I'm sure you will be surprised - and not in a good and happy way. Shop elsewhere - they don't deserve your business. Other people I know have had the same bad and poorly treated experience at OMNI - they are a terrible company with poor quality products.
A  3rd of Jan, 2013 by
Today I went to the HW7/Keele store to have my wife's anniversary ring fixed because a little stone dropped(lost) again for the 3rd time. Now although the 3 year warranty is gone, I clearly remembered that the 2nd time I was there, I was told that don't worry about stone coming off again and they'd fix it for free. This time the old male staff told the story to the boss (the son) and said they'd charge $40 which disagreed by my wife. I explained to the male staff her point that the repair quality was bad from previous 2 repairs so we shouldn't pay for this repair. The son overheard our conversation and came out and said I don't want repair your ring anymore. So I stepped out and talked to my wife again and convinced her to pay the $40 to get it fixed and then I went in again. The son said the same and added another one. I don't want to repair your ring, not even at $100. And showed me door right away. It looks like to me the son only cares about how he thinks and doesn't care how his customers think. I guess their effort is focused on those misleading ads and a lot of other new "suckers"(as one poster said) like us would still go there. Very bad customer service. I wouldn't recommed anyone to go there.
N  4th of Feb, 2013 by
listen people they only can offer u what its worth at meltdown value... and to tell u the truth most jewelry stores suck as peoples jewelers among others put crappy diamonds in almost everything so then u bring it to a pawn like shop and trust me they are just there to tell you yes u got screwed and now will give u the best they can. duh

OMNI Jewelcrafters Logo OMNI Jewelcrafters