Old Navyreturns

I purchased some athletic ware at youre Abilene Tx location on 4/21/17 and grabbed a shirt that was a size too small. I already tore the tags off of a shirt and washed all my items before i realized it was to small. I went in on 5/12/17 at about 4:30pm and before i walked in i asked Edward (he was at the register closed to the door) if i needed to leave an exchange up front with him, or if i could cary it with me. He asked if i had a reciept (i did) and he said i can just take it with me. I went to grab the shirt i needed and stood in line. The line had about 7 people in it with 3 cashiers. The cashieres were very slow. I finally got up front to be helped by Edward again. I told him i needed to exchange this but i didnt have the tags and it had never been worn.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Abilene, TXHe began to tell me that since i wore and washed it and cut off the UPC tag *inside* the shirt that he does not know what shirt it is and i could not return it. He said the Store manager will be in tomorrow and i can speak to her. If he would have politely said that our return polocy is unwashed and unworn items i would have been okay but instead he accused of cutting a upc code and wearing a shirt that i indeed did not wear (I had no idea that they put UPC's in shirts, Old Navy should be able to tell what shirt it is by looking at the reciept) I do not shop at Old Navy very often so i do not know the return policy off the top of my head. When i got to my car i read at the bottom of the receipt the return policy and i do understand that retailers have policys that they cant break but I am a Assistant Manager for a retail store and i would NEVER accuse someone of something (even if i think they did it). TERRABLE customer service i recieded at the Old Navy Abilene Tx location. I hope Edward gets talked to about his level of professionalism. I will not be back.

Pa
May 12, 2017

Comments

•   May 12, 2017

The rules are clear and posted. Returns are a luxury not a right. No store has to accept them.