Office Depot / return refund policy
I purchased an Ink Cartridge for my Printer and used my debit card for payment. But before I used the cartridge I purchased a new printer at another store. I took the ink cartridge back along with the receipt to Office Depot within 3 days of purchase. The clerk had no problem returning the item what they did have a problem with is giving me cash for the refund. The clerk and store manager said they could not give me cash is had to be credited back to my debit card and would be applied back to my account by midnight. First of all a debit card is considered a CASH transaction. I have never had a store refuse to give me back cash when a debit card was used. Second of all it is now 3 A.M. and my account has not been credited back the amount of the refund. When asked for the Corporate Contact the Clerk stood back with a disgusted look on his face while the Manager acted like I was a real Pain. I understand NO ONE gets anywhere with Corporate anyway so why bother contacting them. Probably the reason for the attitude from the employee and Manager. I will never Purchase another item at Office Depot. I returned another item at their competitors Office Max and had absolutely No Problem and even received a smile and Thank You from the employee.
More Office Depot Complaints & Reviews
- Office Depot - this is regarding our return policy (i'm an od employee) 
- Office Depot - scam tech services 
- Office Depot/ Protection Plan - failure to honor the plan on a timely basis 
- Office Max - Max Assurance Service Contract - worst service ever: no assurance at officemax's max assurance 
- Office Depot Recycle Scam - ink cartridge recycle scam 
- Office Depot - charged for 512gb ssd (2x) sent 256gb ssds twice - mistake or fraud?
- Office Depot - services/products
- Office Depot - customer service
- Office Depot - hp laptop acquired at your store less than a year ago in tucson off irvington
- Office Depot - charged for desk, order canceled without knowledge and not delivered