OffGamers.com / scam

1 Norway Review updated:

This is a website that is selling cd keys to online games amongst other things.
They advertise with that fact that they have 24/7 Live costumer support, so i took a chance on this "company".
I ordered and paid for a cd key to World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Lich King.
I got an e- mail telling me: "There is a small issue with the order that you have just placed. Please contact us for a quick verification."
First I tried the 24/7 Live costumer support, waited for hours and hours with no reply. Then i mailed them mail after mail after mail asking for what the problem was. They didn't answer any of them.

There was no problems taking my cash, but delivering the cd key and answer my e-mails was apparently very hard.

So now I’m stuck with a £35.60 loss and got nothing but hours of waiting and frustration for my money, and I have to buy the game AGAIN some other place.

This site is obviously a total SCAM. Stay away from OFFGAMERS.COM.

Comments

Br
  14th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I had the exact same problem. I hope this is resolved soon.

Ri
  14th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Same here. But I was expecting something like that, so I used paypal. Also, I just sent a harsh email to them telling that if they don't give my money back (or my key) I'll cancel the paypal order.

Of
  15th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Same thing here. I ordered, paid, and soon got an email saying I need to send them a fax or an email containing a scan of an order form and an ID card such as driver's license. No response from them via email or "live support".

Of
  20th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Dear Customers,

I have sent an e-mail to each of you individually to explain our predicament, to summarize it, we were overwhelmed with orders, and understaffed.

We however were working overtime to clear the number of orders and e-mails received and attempted to fulfill the orders that were coming in. For those orders which we have received instructions to refund. Rest assured we will refund the payments.

Ni
  7th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I had the same problem aswell.My debit card was instant billed and i received nothing.Only crap that my names doesnt exist in their name database.This whole thing sounds ridicolous as they think that they have database with tha names of all the people in the world.OFFGAMERS SUX!

Sa
  24th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Should have red this before i just orderd a WOTLK CD key:(

Hu
  20th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I was looking for wrath of the lich king cd key.
I considerated Offgamers, but soon I distrusted them:

they ask information which they dont' need (when you want to pay via paypal or ideal)

- like your billing address.
- they want to know your date of birth ? Why .. legal reasons ... What legal reasons ?

There are other sites where you can buy items like these for example wowcode.nl
I will try that one out.

Kind Regards,

Hugo

Ch
  1st of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Well I ordered mine about 4/5 days ago,

It came right away, verifed my email and my phone number, got an auto verify phonecall from then and then within about 5 mins my CD key came via email and works.

No issues with the service my end.

Mi
  12th of May, 2011

Your issue was in 2008.
I had similar issues with them recently, in 2011.

I ordered a Guild Wars cd-key from them. They had advertised that I would receive instant delivery to my account.
They took my Paypal payment, told me to verify my phone #, took that information, then sent me an e-mail requiring that I send them a signed statement allowing them to take my Paypal money (which they already took), a copy of a current ID with the same billing address as my Paypal account, and a copy of a recent bill with the same billing address as my Paypal account.

Great company, huh?

They refunded my money after playing stupid a bit, then continued playing some more word games with me after I wrote up a complaint on this site. Fun Fun Fun.

Just because they use good grammar doesn't mean they're either professional or legit. BEWARE OF OFFGAMERS.

Ma
  22nd of Oct, 2011

I never received Cd Keys and I have additional charges made on my bank account that I do not recognize. I have tried contacting them but all I got was an automated response. I have already contacted my bank and I now await a response from them.