Oberon/Yahoo / games

Having problems cancelling your Oberon/Yahoo game subscription because they are all eager to take your money but don't allow you any easy way to cancel? I emailed Yahoo and was told it was an Oberon issue. I emailed Oberon through their contact sites 4 times with not one response. Finally after being billed in excess of what I agree to do and about 2 weeks of searching, I found out how to do this. I am so pissed at the company, I am sharing it. I understand that this info has been posted on other web sites and then removed by Yahoo. Who cares, here it is:

I also had problems here is how to cancel..
Once you are logged in:

1. Go to Yahoo! Games
2. Click on the "More Info/Buy now" link of any downloadable game
3. Click on the "Buy Full Version" link

4. Please click on the Y! Games subscription FAQ to access the cancel link.

Ja

Comments

• Ju
      5th of Jun, 2009

Thank you so much for posting this! I had the same problem. I can't believe Yahoo would associate themselves with such sketchy practices. Also, for those of you who don't know, you'll get charged an international point of sale fee by your bank for using Oberon, as the transaction is placed in Cyprus. SKETCHY!

• Ng
      17th of Aug, 2009

I can not beleive that they do business like this. I wish i would of came across your comments sooner. I was just trying to cancel membership and you were the only one with the helpful answer. They still took $80. from my credit card. I emailed them because i get an error message from cancelling membership link. They just make it as hard as possible just so that they can run with your money. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!

28th of Aug, 2009

It is time YAHOO stopped its association wtih Oberon.
    It is time Yahoo sets up a

1. Games Purchase Complaints Board In Yahoo Games Page .
    2. Recieve all complaints
    3. Resolve them immediately
    4. Write to all those who bought a game in the last one year and seek if there are any complaints. Resolve them too.

FINALLY dissociate from Oberon

• Th
      20th of Nov, 2009

Thank you SO much for posting the cancellation steps. I've been looking for about an hour now on the yahoo site for a way to cancel my membership and I was just furious that I couldn't find anything in yahoo help. I did a search and I found a couple of postings on yahoo from people asking how to cancel their membership, but when I followed the link all of those posts were deleted. Sketchy!