NTB / National Tire & Battery / attempted $60 labor charge to replace windshield wiper blades

1 United States

Visited the NTB store located on Springhill road, McClean VA on Friday January 11, 2019@5:00p.m.
Went in for an oil change, purchased windshield wiper blades and wanted them installed. Cashier replied the entire service would be $152 and change. Then asked what was causing the charge to be so high for the service I was seeking. He then said there is a $60 labor charge to replace the wiper blades. Huh? He showed me the screen for the charges and the labor. Told him to skip the installation and give me the blades and I would get them installed. The complaint is the labor charge and the fact the person attempted to charge it. Not sure how I appeared to the person other than being a female. Unfortunately, I know enough about cars because I am the sole responsible person taking care of my vehicle and have to know in situations like this one. This complaint is for awareness to be careful how this store attempts to solicit charges that do not make sense. Where else in the U.S. does NTB charge $60 for wiper blade installation and folks pay? Suggest a policy change for all NTB stores if there is a labor charge of $60 for wiper blade installation. Females are not dumb. We know about car maintenance. I said nothing else. Waited in the lobby for the service. NTB folks replaced the blades for free. Was cool with it but upset that the $60 labor charge was attempted.

Sa