Norton Symantec / hacked into my bank account and stole the renewal charge!
After 3 unsuccessful attempts in March 2008 to charge an old dead debit card number Symantec had on file for me, they managed to hack into my bank account or computer, discover the new debit card number and charge money out of my bank account on March 19th 2008.
I have spent over 3 hours with Symantec "customer service" in the past 2 days. They claim they do not have the new debit card number. Then how did they use it to debit my account? Where did they get my new debit card number since neither I nor my bank gave it to them and authorized it's use?
All I know is they are now falling all over themselves wanting to put the money back in my account. I asked how they can do that if they do not have my new number? At this point I get more New Delhi psycho-babble.
Bottom line, Symantec denies having my new debit card number, yet they clearly charged it and I have an e-mail to prove it. What's more, they know good and well they stole money from me and do so from consumers all the time.
They are crafty corporate thieves and too chicken to provide customer service reps who can actually speak English and too uncaring to do anything but lie.
More Norton Symantec Complaints & Reviews
- Norton Annual Renewal - fraud and scam 
- Norton Annual Renewal 442076165600 Gb - unauthorized payment 
- Norton Corporation - iyogi.net support full of fraud 
- Norton Law Group - mortgage scammed 
- Norton Annual Renewal - credit card being charged after I cancelled the renewal 
- Norton - Unauthorised credit card charge 
- Norton Antivirus - useless customer service 
- Norton - security breach and privacy intrusion 
- Norton - norton auto renew 
- Norton - my norton full system