Norton Symantec / hacked into my bank account and stole the renewal charge!

Cupertino, CA, United States Review updated:

After 3 unsuccessful attempts in March 2008 to charge an old dead debit card number Symantec had on file for me, they managed to hack into my bank account or computer, discover the new debit card number and charge money out of my bank account on March 19th 2008.

I have spent over 3 hours with Symantec "customer service" in the past 2 days. They claim they do not have the new debit card number. Then how did they use it to debit my account? Where did they get my new debit card number since neither I nor my bank gave it to them and authorized it's use?

All I know is they are now falling all over themselves wanting to put the money back in my account. I asked how they can do that if they do not have my new number? At this point I get more New Delhi psycho-babble.

Bottom line, Symantec denies having my new debit card number, yet they clearly charged it and I have an e-mail to prove it. What's more, they know good and well they stole money from me and do so from consumers all the time.

They are crafty corporate thieves and too chicken to provide customer service reps who can actually speak English and too uncaring to do anything but lie.

Comments

Ki
  2nd of May, 2008
Symantec customer's have always shown their innocent and funny attitude towards their reps. answer to that question is (bank account number) which never gets changed even you destroy your old debit card you got charged automatically on your old debit card and in reverse bank charged it onto your new account considering this as a permission. I hope you've got answer but your comments sound very humorous to me by the way
Ki
  3rd of Apr, 2012
They did the same to me, how do you stop them from taking money whenever they want?

Norton Logo Norton