Northern Leasing Systems / Merchant Leasing Equipment

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

Northern Leasing Systems rip-off, dishonest, fraudulent business practices, harassments and deducts more money than the signed contract. Northern Leasing Systems finances equipment for $4, 000.00 that is worth about $400.00. The contract supposedly says that this lease can not be cancelled that is why they feel justified in charging 10 times what the equipment is worth. Sales representative filled out the application, showed me one page of a six page contract told me where to sign without giving me time to read the contract, he did not give me a copy said he would mail it to me if I was approved. They send the equipment a couple of days later and started to deduct money out of my account even though we were not scheduled to open for business until December 1, 2009.

Comments

• Da
      20th of Dec, 2009

I am having the exact same problem with Northern Leasing Systems. Please contact me asap. at lone_free_ranger_85@yahoo.com. I am trying to get together with other victims of this scam so we can fight back together. Thank you.

• Rs
      25th of Jan, 2010

I am having the same problem with Northern Leasing Systems. They are also trying to put a judgement on my ss#. are they crazy!!! why can't these people be stopped??? I have wrote letters to the newspapers around our area. and there are afew others here in Texas that they have scammed. What can we do??????????

• Tm
      19th of Feb, 2010

I have been a victim of Northern Leasing too. I am a small company based out of Westland, Michigan. I was a new business owner and had already owned my own terminal. This guy came in and said I can get you great rates, blah blah. The next thing I knew I was signed up for a new machine for 3 years at $47.12 a month. When I realized my account was being debited I called NL and they said that there wasn't anything they could do because I signed the contract. So, I paid for 3 years. When it was at the end of the contract I noticed they were still taking money out. I called and spoke to Sam and she said that I didn't own the machine yet that I still owed another $227 buy out fee. She was very rude and I had asked to speak with a supervisor and I was told no one was available that they would contact me. I didn't hear from anyone, I tried once again and no success. I put a stop payment on my account. I hadn't heard from anyone in almost three years. Just the other day I received a letter from my bank informing me that my account was overdrawn because NL had debited $1900 out of my account. I immediately called NL and asked them why and he said because I still owed the buy out fee and they charged me $47 late charge for 33 months!!! I have done nothing but cry. I feel like I've just been violated and there is nothing I can do. One more thing to add salt to the wound. When I told this Jason Mahoney (from their legal department) that when the 2nd dispute happened as I was speaking with this Sam I let him know about how rude she was to me and that I wanted to speak with her supervisor, he said to me, "Ma'am before you go any further, I personally know Sam from customer service and I know that she is a very nice lady!"
    This is the kind of people that we have to deal with.
    I begged him to just take the $180 (minus $47 after the contract was supposed to be done) buy out fee and a late charge and please give me my money back or else I will be forced to close my business. His response was, "Ma'am you should have thought about that before you put a stop payment on your account!"

If anyone is reading this that can help me or give me some advice please contact me at tmlesnau@hotmail.com
    Thank you and good luck to everyone involved. The only thing we have on our side now is God and Karma
    Tracey L.
    Westland, Michigan

• Na
      16th of Mar, 2010

I am another of the many small business victims of Northern Leasing. Two woman auto repair garage. The twist for us was that they got in the door posing as an auditor from our current processing company. He claimed they were cleaning house in an effort to lower fees and provide updated equipment. Got me to sign two contracts, never provided a copy of either. Lied about every single element. We found out about the scam when we received our first bank statement. That is when we learned we had switched companies! We closed our bank account. Filed formal complaints with the California Attorney General's Office and Federal Trade Commission. Now we are at the harassment stage, wondering how big their teeth will grow.
    Nancy R.
    Berkeley, California

• Lj
      5th of Mar, 2012

i am leasing a atm machine from this company my payment started out at 159 per month after 2yrs it went up to 171per month when i called them about it they were very rude.they are not business friendly after the get there contract signed.my contract ends in may of this year.i will be calling them in the next couple of weeks to try and buy there atm machine at the price thats on my contract but after readind several complaints on this web page i am not sure what to expect.

• Ju
      7th of Apr, 2015

My business is now in a battle with Northern Leasing...a former employee who took over the "office work" at our retail wine store got us into the contract by having my husband sign the Datalink and Northern Leasing papers without explaining what he was signing...at the time he was gravely ill - not knowing what he was signing. I have written them twice - including Dr. letters, explanation of his diminished mental capacity and that he signed the contract because he trusted the employee...she was duped...he was duped...now they want $3000. I need to file with BBB and probably sue if the matter isn't resolved. Vultures...

• Ju
      7th of Apr, 2015

Anyone who would like to join forces with me against this company can contact me at bluegrassjulie@hotmail.com