North American Van Lines / Stole money and alcohol from our home

We used North American Van Lines to move our belongings from North Carolina to Missouri. While the crew was packing our items they stole money and alcohol from our home. When they unpacked our items, our furniture was broken. They also broke our printer/plotter for self-employment use and deny it. There was an avalanche of 4 cubic feet by 4 cubic feet that fell on the truck driver and floor of the moving van. The moving claims department's reply was that the driver could have deliberately drove our contents off the mountain and they still would not claim it as their fault! Because of the standard insurance we purchased they will only pay by the pound and only selectively.

I could see if items broke due to our packing negligence it would not be covered. However, to deny items that were inventoried by the company prior to the move as not broken and arrive broken that is their negligence.

Va

Comments

• Do
      7th of Nov, 2008

North American is simply a terrible company to do business with. Delivered the load late, the drivers and crew spend more time trying to hustle my family for tips then working. I can belive the condition of the load when delivered, they must have dropped it out oa a plane, Then they denied all damged claims. I had to chase them for a refund as they overestimated my load. Best to stay away. If you want to lose money, get a large dose of aggravation and feel like a doormat, use North American.