Nissan USA / recall

Bossier City, LA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3187523000

To Whom It May Concern:
I am writing about my recent experience with Nissan regarding a recall on my 2006 Nissan Pathfinder, which I purchased in May of 2008 as a pre-owned vehicle. The recall with the NHTSA Campaign ID Number of 10V075000 involves a flaw with the fuel sending unit. I never received a notice from Nissan regarding this recall, which Nissan states is an extended warranty. I noticed that there was a problem with the fuel gauge sometime ago. Three weeks ago I was doing research online to try and find a solution to the problem. That is when I discovered the recall. I immediately contacted Orr Nissan in Bossier City, Lousiana at [protected], since that is the dealer that I purcashed the Pathfinder from. I spoke to Mike in the service department who told me that I would have to pay to have the problem fixed, because the mileage was over 72, 000 miles and that it would cost me around $600.00. Had I known about the recall, it would have been within the mileage specified when I contacted them. I took the next step and called Nissan USA at [protected] and spoke to Rita at ext# 457220. Rita told me that the reason I was never notified was due to an error on Nissan's part, since they never entered my information into their computer system designating me as the new owner of the vehicle. So, the notice was sent out to the prior owners whom live in another state. At that point she opened a case for me with the case # 7881103.
I was contacted by Tim from [protected] ext# 458114, who told me that they were not going to honor the recall and make the repair, because I did not have my Pathfinder serviced at Nissan. He then went on to say that if I had brought it in to them to perform regular maintenance on it, that they would have found the problem and corrected it. He then said that I would have to pay for it myself. Well, I have taken it in on numerous occasions for an oil change and regular maintenance, they did not spot it on either occasion. My husband now handles the regular maintenance on my Pathfinder and our other Nissans, because we cannot always afford to have a dealer perform the maintenance. But, even if I had never taken it to them for maintenance, I should not be punished for servicing my own vehicle. That is unconstitutional, nor should I have to pay for something that was recalled in the first place, especially since Nissan failed to notify me of that recall.
I think that Nissan should fix this problem, especially when you take into account all of the errors they have made concerning this circumstance. Clearly nothing here can be found to be my fault! I am hoping that this email will do some good, however if not so, my attorney will be contacting Nissan USA. I have also contacted the NHTSA, as well as Nissan Global. This is really sad, because all of the vehicles that my family and I buy and own are Nissans. However, after seeing how Nissan treats their loyal customers, I nor my family will ever buy another one. I just want to ask, Is this how Nissan treats all of their customers?

Sincerely,
Bobbie L. Davis
[protected]

Comments

• Cs
      1st of Mar, 2013

I purchased a Nissan Pathfinder in May of 2010... I have owned this vehicle for almost three years. I received my recall and because my truck didn't show signs of needing the recall until 1/14/2013. I brought my truck into my normal place of service (Nissan Dealership) they never corrected it and I was still denied reimbursement!!! I was told because the 72 month period had expired. My truck is a 2006 and is way under 72, 000 (62, 000) and Nissan still won't honor the recall. I will never purchase another Nissan/Infinity as long as I live. Nissan is not honorable like I once thought they were!

• Cb
      16th of Mar, 2013

I have worked many dealerships in the service departments if a recall is assigned to your Vin # it is to be performed on that vehicle no mater how many owners or how old the vehicle or anything the dealership is required by law to perform it. I would go back to that dealer request a recall check and then set an appointment. If they refuse then have them write that ridiculous excuse and thank them. And contact a lawyer. Sue them for not performing a safety recall

• Kl
      10th of Feb, 2014

I had contacted Nissan regarding a fuel pump recall and they denied any help whatsoever. I am going back to buying Toyotas. Toyota honors recalls and I have had less corrective maintenance issues with my five previous Toyotas. this is the first time I tried a Nissan -- not impressed.